Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Anyone find out what the problem was?   Still not working for me . :-(

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @DJ Trix.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community, We appreciate your time and effort in posting your concern here in our community.

At this time, customers can upload their locally saved tracks to YouTube Music and stream them on Sonos for free. To stream the entire YouTube Music catalog on Sonos, customers need a premium account. That said, we’re always evolving the listening experience with our partners over time.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

rheo, why don’t you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

I spent an hour with google last night, just the stupid tech support telling me to delete cache and extensions from crome, not listening to anything I said about how this is widespread. Not answering why it would help to do this is my brower, all while the same problem happens if I use my computer, phone, pad or sonos directly. After one hour of this nonsense the problem was escalated. Still waiting for update

Then I contacted Sonos and get the same lvl of support from there. Add/remove the service, restart router etc.

But today I got a message from Youtube informing me of the change they have done to the artist channels, how artists who had multiple channels before now have been combined to one artist page. So I’m guessing this is related, some backed change at Youtube.

If I only could sub to adfree youtube I would drop youtube music in a heart beat.

Sonos is a scam. They charge a premium and impose a proprietary network. It's a speaker folks, not an ecosystem. So disenchanted. I contacted our State Attorney General and found out I'm not alone. They're actively considering action.

Badge

I also have YouTube premium family plan..   I wonder if it’s related to being on the family plan?

Nope… I don’t have a family plan.

Thank you bruso11. Your tip worked for me!

Same on my side. I also tried to get a reply from Google.