Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Same problem here… it’s quite annoying… someone found a fix?

Userlevel 1
Badge

rheo, why don’t you contact Sonos Support directly to discuss it?

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available because they're on the phone with you, but they are only available Monday through Friday during business hours. Both the Twitter and Facebook support folks are available 24/7.

because so many have already and nobody has come to a solution yet..  why would i be different?

Hey @scrooks. Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community.

Cutouts during music playback can be caused for a number of reasons. 

Would you be able to provide me with a diagnostic of your Sonos system so I may investigate further?

Please provide me with the confirmation number after submitting and I would be happy to take a look for you.

Sonos is deeply annoying. I spent 5 minutes connecting YouTube to my Sonos system, only to be told (not for the first time) "Access denied" but given no help with how to overcome the problem!

Daaamn my Youtube service is BACK!!

I’m glad that YouTube fixed their issue!

Badge

Woohoo!!! Works for me too :-)

Hi Adam.  2043790817.

Getting pretty annoying now, submitted multiple diagnosdiag to online chat and all they say is I need to call up. 

Nothing from Sonos recognising there is an actual fault.

I am having the same problem I would recommend just selling / bin your Sonos as there rubbish, an get no help from customer services as they have no clue ether there so complicated to set up to YouTube. Just get a Bluetooth speaker. So much easier and better 

Badge

Just had a very polite Sonos supporter on the phone. They’re looking into the issue.

A couple of things I thought of while talking to him:

1. I’m a Google Play Music early adopter. Got YouTube Music thrown in at some point.
  2. I have a GSuite account (also early adopter from when it was a Google Apps account).

Any of you guys recognize this?

Userlevel 1

Piling on to this thread as I am also having the issue of playing YouTube Music through Sonos app.  I’d be happy to help troubleshoot if any technicians from Google or Sonos need someone in the field to better track down the problem.

I also cannot send music from the YT music app to the sonos speaker (I have a premium YT account) even after the update. I also cannot find music in the sonos app that I can easily find in the YT music app. Is there an upgrade coming that makes the sonos app search more user friendly?

Same probleem here, I contacted Sonos support but they couldn't find anythis wrong on Sonos and advised me to contact Google but how to contact Google on this specifiek item....?

The said I getting blacklisted on google when starting YT Music via Sonos.

YT Music via the app on my phone works without any problem.

Very enoying indeed 

Anyone whi found/resolved this issue on Sonos?

Badge

Still nothing from either Sonos or YouTube Music. Really disappointing. I think what’s most disappointing is the fact that not a single Sonos supporter has posted in this thread. This should be the first response to any thread where users are experiencing problems… so sad…

Badge

Piling on to this thread as I am also having the issue of playing YouTube Music through Sonos app.  I’d be happy to help troubleshoot if any technicians from Google or Sonos need someone in the field to better track down the problem.

I think they have tons of diagnostic logs already from all the other posters in this thread. REALLY disappointing they’re not getting this solved. It’s been so long now that I’ve given up. Maybe some day it’ll start working again but my bet is no one will know why. Just some setting somewhere that no one knows has any effect on YTM on Sonos… I’m so tired of this. Anyone know of any other (non Apple) streaming devices where YTM works? I guess Google Home Max but any others?

Badge

Okay so a minute after my last post I got an email from Sonos stating that the case had not been closed at all. The previous mail was just an automated message sent out 72 hrs after my initial question… good to know :-)

Badge

But today I got a message from Youtube informing me of the change they have done to the artist channels, how artists who had multiple channels before now have been combined to one artist page. So I’m guessing this is related, some backed change at Youtube.

If the problem is related to what you’re describing here, then why does YTM work flawlessly from a browser? Why would it only impact Sonos?

Update from tech support; 

This is Derek from Sonos Support. I am one of the senior technicians here and will be assist you with you issue you are having.

We are aware of the issue you are having with You Tube Music and we are working towards a fix. As soon as I have more information or a fix I will let you know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I am having the same problem I would recommend just selling / bin your Sonos as there rubbish, an get no help from customer services as they have no clue ether there so complicated to set up to YouTube. Just get a Bluetooth speaker. So much easier and better 

Or use a different music service, one that actually cares about their customers.

Having the same issue. Wondering if it’s related to where you purchased the app. Mine’s from iTunes vs from Google. Since Google Assistant is the only access app, there may be some problem that Sonos overlooked.

Badge

YTM/GPM uses my personal account, so probably unrelated to GSuite.

Good to know!

Weird behavior: I was asked by Sonos Support to try to play something other than “Your Mixtape” from YTM. Everything failed. Then after the call (I must say they were very serious about it) I tried playing some other playlists and from time to time a track would actually begin to play. It would skip 5-10 tracks and then suddenly start playing. Really weird. But was reproducible in the sense that it would happen with different playlists. The really weird thing however, was that trying manually to play one of the tracks that had just played, failed. So it’s not related to the specific track.

Badge

No resolution yet, but after spending most of the evening to Twitter support they have collected some extra diag / debug data from my speakers and logged an engineering call. I should hear from them within 24hrs... I linked to this thread so hopefully Sonos will appear...

A story pretty much like my own. Haven’t heard from them since :-/

Hi Craggyite, thanks for sharing that message from Derek. He is correct, there’s currently an issue with playing YouTube Music with some accounts, but not all accounts are affected. We’re working on the issue with YouTube Music but don’t have any specific details on a timeline to share just yet.

We’ll update everyone as soon as it’s been resolved or we have more news to share.

Can you identify those who are affected like me? and maybe some kind of compensation?

Since Sonos doesn’t make any money from you playing YouTube music, it’s hard to think they’d be able to compensate you. That would be for the company that you’re paying a subscription to, YouTube Music to do. Although I’d bet there’s something in their terms of service about temporary interruptions. Might be worth re-reading that user agreement with Google.