Answered

I can't play music from YouTube Music

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

I will cancel my Youtube Premium Account and go back to spotify now. 

Badge

Same here… come on...

I have had this problem as well. Try this: I always signed in with my “google account” that I always use when I use youtube. It turns out you have to sign in using your original Google Account email most likely your original gmail for the account. I always used my alternate / recovery email as I don’t use gmail. When I did this it worked. Doesn't have any of my settings because they are under my other youbtube login but at least now I can access music… good luck let me know if it works.

I also had the issue where I got the error of access denied when I authorized my Youtube Music account. But solved it. The issue was that I have several channels under my Youtube account. And Sonos only works with the original channel where the email address of the Youtube account is the same as the email address of the Sonos account.

If you have this issue and you have several Youtube channels in your Youtube account the please make sure to authorize the Youtube channel that has is the original one, or the one that is registered with the same email address as your Sonos account.

Badge +1

Hi everyone, anyone found a legit fix for this? Ive racked my brains for 3 hours on Sonos customer support. If they make you do all the connectivity, dont bother coz it is not that for the same logic that other music services work perfectly, tried Amazon and Google Music. I am not getting access denied error but Unable to play song, not encoded correctly, but the very second I try again it play so def. not an encoding issue else it would never play it

Keep us posted, please.

Same issue here since today. 

Access denied to YouTube music. 

Run diagnostic with number 657963407

Please help. 

Same here. I have the YT Music students plan. It doesn’t matter as looks like it’s widespread. Don’t have any hope with Sonos as feels their service has deteriorated in last few years. I contacted them on Halloween for this and they were doing party in the background with so much noise and guy was so much distracted. He ask me few questions and as I have already tried remove and add back service, he thought it’s my wifi issue so without asking me directed me to their remote assistance site to get control of my computer. I felt fishy so I denied and bluntly he said there is no other way he can help. I never realized how come it is a wifi issue if my other connected streaming service to Sonos works, airplay 2 works and it’s just YouTube music giving trouble anyway now living with the issue. 

Badge

he thought it’s my wifi issue 

I was asked about my router/WiFi gear as well… seems so irrelevant

Still getting access denied problem with YouTube Music on my Sonos.  Has anyone figured out a fix for this? Thanks.

I am still having this issue. I have tried every “potential fix” that I found online but nothing works. High Quality audio from YouTube still doesn’t play and shows a “access denied” error. 

I’ve also raised this with both Sonos and google (YouTube Music), Sonos seem to want to test everything local to my home network, they don’t like to deviate from the troubleshooting script!

Google we’re pretty responsive and have taken some details away to look into.

Seems to me to be an integration issue with the Sonos app now not having the correct permissions, I don’t know anyone else with Sonos and a YouTube music subscription so hard to judge if it’s effecting everyone or if we are just unlucky.

Did this ever get resolved? I see playlists but they do not play, they all look disabled and greyed out. The above answer does not apply to me. I only have one account and no brand account. I do not have Premium. Is it necessary?

This whole experience is infuriating. Why does this have to be so difficult? I have a Bose wireless speaker that works seamlessly, no setup required, no account required, no joining accounts together with the "proper" subscription levels. You literally just cast ANYTHING you're playing on your phone to the speaker. It's so intuitive and simple. And the quality is phenomenal. Did I mention it's BOSE?

Also, I want a refund. 

Same here :(

Youtube Music Family plan (Actually a GPM Family Plan).

Started a few days ago.

I find if i click on the track before the one I want, it has a better chance of playing.

Any updates on this ? I'm having the exact same issue with a Google play premium family account. My youtube account is premium. Confirmed in app confirmed with Youtube.

Get the same errors in the Sonos app. Very frustrating.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just reverted back to GPM for the time being rather than going through the hassle of finding a new service for now.  GPM is working fine.

Same scenario though: GPM Early Adopter on a personal account with a G-Suite Account also installed, moved to YTM when Google was migrating everyone over.  Was working fine until a couple weeks ago.  Now it gets worse everyday, to the point where it’s unusable for more than 3-4 songs.

Badge

I just reverted back to GPM for the time being

The thing is: GPM doesn’t have the “Your Mixtape” that YTM has. I use that almost exclusively along with shuffling a single artist.

Got an email from Sonos Support earlier today where they requested a diagnostic session online sometime during the week. I’ll post any findings here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

It’s definitely affecting me and I haven’t done anything new except upgrade Sonos when it asks me to.

Same issue on my side !

Badge

I spoke to someone from sonos over the phone in Australia who was able to trace the issue to being a ‘http 403 forbidden’ error, meaning that the Youtube servers were denying access to sonos. When speaking to someone from youtube music they were unable to find any issues on their end, however, they were pretty unhelpful and rude... 

Hi all!

Not sure if your account configuration is the same, but the account I was having issues on was managed by my school (meaning still G-Suite but under the purview of the institution).

When I switched my premium to a regular gmail/google-managed account, it worked!

Let me know if you all have success with this.

I’ve tried the “shall I switch to spotify? “ question to test their reactivity ?

I am using a personal YouTube Premium account, Sonos support is pretty poor, basically saying they’ll only now work on this over the phone, problem is I’m not at home this week during their support hours.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi all!

Not sure if you’re account configuration is the same, but the account I was having issues on was managed by my school (meaning still G-Suite but under the purview of the institution).

When I switched my premium to a regular gmail/google-managed account, it worked!

Let me know if you all have success with this.

I’ve only ever had a regular gmail/youtube account and have had nothing to do with g-suite so I don’t think this applies to me.   Not to mention that it was working without problems for months and then only just started having trouble this last week.

Well, I just got off an hour-long phone call with support and they couldn’t figure it out. They tried their Google test account and it worked perfectly fine. Not so sure calling them is going to help your case :/