Answered

trueplay for Android?

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

135 replies

"Control channels themselves"? What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are you talking about?

"Spotify Podcasts"? Sonos just made it possible to play any and all content thorough the Spotify app, including podcasts. Seems to me that this is something the version 7.0 release specifically fixed.

And Trueplay has never been possible on Android. You missed a "(still)". And none of your complaints (the ones that actually make sense, that is) are unique to the Playbar aka the "home theatre"setup". So I ask again, why exactly are you staying with the girlfriend you seem to hate?
"Control channels themselves"? What the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks are you talking about?

"Spotify Podcasts"? Sonos just made it possible to play any and all content thorough the Spotify app, including podcasts. Seems to me that this is something the version 7.0 release specifically fixed.

And Trueplay has never been possible on Android. You missed a "(still)". And none of your complaints (the ones that actually make sense, that is) are unique to the Playbar aka the "home theatre" setup". So I ask again, why exactly are you staying with the girlfriend you seem to hate?

Haha, you are such an angry little fella.

http://gph.is/28KIquk

I'm not the one ranting and raving and posting nonsense. Maybe you should go listen to some Spotify Podcasts on your Play:1s. I suggest this one:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3eBl7X8lHJbeW2LNjanLYC

I'm not the one ranting and raving and posting nonsense. Maybe you should go listen to some Spotify Podcasts on your Play:1s. I suggest this one:

https://open.spotify.com/album/3eBl7X8lHJbeW2LNjanLYC

You are, as ever, clearly getting irate at those users highlighting missing features; the funny thing is this...despite 11 thousand posts (dude, do you have a life?) you still obviously don't understand Sonos. Lol.

You are, as ever, clearly getting irate at those users highlighting missing features; the funny thing is this...despite 11 thousand posts (dude, do you have a life?) you still obviously don't understand Sonos. Lol.

So are you saying Sonos doesn't support Spotify Podcasts over Spotify Direct Control as of yesterday? Better tell all those folks playing Spotify Podcasts on their Sonos speakers. And you are mistaking mirth for anger. I'm not angry at you, I find you quite amusing! :D

And my 11k posts are over 9 years, about 3 or so a day. You've shotgunned more than that in the last hour!

But seriously, I'd really like to know what you mean by "Control channels themselves". It's got me flummoxed.

So are you saying Sonos doesn't support Spotify Podcasts over Spotify Direct Control as of yesterday? Better tell all those folks playing Spotify Podcasts on their Sonos speakers. And you are mistaking mirth for anger. I'm not angry at you, I find you quite amusing! :D

You know it's cute how you ignore all the other things you can't answer, like the lack of ability to control surround channels in the playbar, despite users begging Sonos for the feature since the dawn of time. Or the lack of iPhone 7 support...

It's like a little sister defending her big brother

Cute

And my 11k posts are over 9 years, about 3 or so a day. You've shotgunned more than that in the last hour!

But seriously, I'd really like to know what you mean by "Control channels themselves". It's got me flummoxed.

So you've been doing this for 9 years of you life? Idle banter aside, that's unhealthy.

So you've been doing this for 9 years of you life? Idle banter aside, that's unhealthy.

Why? I like the product, I like helping people, and I have a job with a lot of down time. Isn't it far more unhealthy to spend time venting frustrations over a product that you do not like, yet refuse to sell or otherwise get rid of? If ever came the day where my dislike of Sonos rose to the levels you seem to have reached, I would sell it on ebay and never step foot in this forum again. That, in my mind, would be healthy.

But again, seriously, (and to get away from your ignorant and off-topic personal attacks), I'd like to know what you mean by "Control channels themselves". Please explain.
This is a shame, when we see the price of the product, I don't have an iPhone, can't use this new stuff....
At least make it work on the most famouse android phone like the nexus/pixel series !!!

The 10 top selling Android phones:

http://www.appbrain.com/stats/top-android-phones

All made by Samsung. The Google phone is not even on the chart. If anything, they should trying to support the Samsung series, but as stated, even those models have too many variances between microphones for the project to be practical.

Why? I like the product, I like helping people, and I have a job with a lot of down time. Isn't it far more unhealthy to spend time venting frustrations over a product that you do not like, yet refuse to sell or otherwise get rid of? If ever came the day where my dislike of Sonos rose to the levels you seem to have reached, I would sell it on ebay and never step foot in this forum again. That, in my mind, would be healthy.

But again, seriously, (and to get away from your ignorant and off-topic personal attacks), I'd like to know what you mean by "Control channels themselves". Please explain.

But unlike other Sonos forum regulars you don't help people, you attack and (try to) belittle anyone that shows dissatisfaction with their Sonos product. Your post history demonstrates this.

You actually do the community a disservice.

As for finding out what a sound channel is, use Google. Hint: The Playbar has 3 of them, even though the app can now adjust them to what it thinks is optimum, the user has no control - which is a frustration.

My interest in going back and forth explaining everything to you has wained, and unlike you I have more important things to be doing.
This is a shame, when we see the price of the product, I don't have an iPhone, can't use this new stuff....
At least make it work on the most famouse android phone like the nexus/pixel series !!!

The 10 top selling Android phones:

http://www.appbrain.com/stats/top-android-phones

All made by Samsung. The Google phone is not even on the chart. If anything, they should trying to support the Samsung series, but as stated, even those models have too many variances between microphones for the project to be practical.

That is top mobile phones using appbrain.

In the UK the 5th best selling phone is the Pixel - ahead of the iPhone SE.

You continue to get everything wrong.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hey guys, let's cool it on the antagonizing posts and try to stay on topic. I understand wanting to add to the discussion but let's try to get along here. I just deleted a couple posts that weren't going anywhere nice, please try to keep things in line.

Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Why can't you use your Sonos with android. It is a one time calibration and you would be hard pressed not to have a friend to borrow their iphone for 10minutes. It's very much a ridiculous statement. Just as much as the shares are plummeting for a privately held company that has absolutely no accuracy. Just outright over the top statements and how would you expect to see responses to such nonsense.
Don't bother Chris. In all honesty, I shouldn't have either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I agree.
Why can't you use your Sonos with android. It is a one time calibration and you would be hard pressed not to have a friend to borrow their iphone for 10minutes. It's very much a ridiculous statement. Just as much as the shares are plummeting for a privately held company that has absolutely no accuracy. Just outright over the top statements and how would you expect to see responses to such nonsense.

Great point. So I borrowed my mates iPhone 7....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Why would you do that unless you're soft in the head or just trying to be difficult for the sake of it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Both

Why would you do that unless you're soft in the head or just trying to be difficult for the sake of it?

It's called sarcasm Stuart.
Sonos has in the past made a dedicated controller.

What I am suggesting is that they either:-

1. Test & approve a number of Android devices; and/or

2. Produce a dedicated Android controller, which could be based on an existing Android device.

Supporting Apple devices exclusively is a retrograde step.
TruePlay for Android is very important.

I am sure Sons doesn't want to be known as only supporting proprietary devices.

Maybe Sonos can make a dedicated Andoid controller or "approve" a few devices from major manufacturers such as Samsung.

NJSS
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you read this thread as to why that has not been possible.
maybe sonos should consider a simple mic setup that could plug into a speaker in future designs. I had an amp that had this type of feature. I think forcing users to use mobile devices for an in-home setup is very lame.
Given the prices of sonos systems I dont think its unreasonable to add a dollar or two's worth of electronics to a very setup.

Which is probably why you aren't running a $1B audio company, lol.
Assuming the issue is latency, why not just scope it to devices which report the "android.hardware.audio.pro" feature? Devices which report this will have the lowest input/output latency and it's enforced by the certification suite.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Or latency trueplay is going to be dependent on a uniform and reliable sound via microphone. If microphones have different sound characteristics it's impossible to utilize them unless calibrated for each and every one.