Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Badge
This is not a full windows 8 platform but will work new surface tablet and Samsung and others plan to use this OS which is not fully windows 8 compatible. It would be very helpful if sonos would support this as the tablet looks promising.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

Any update on getting an app for the Windows Phone? Everyone in our family has a Windows phone and the lack of app is really having us reconsider using Sonos throughout our new home.
Add me to the list of people who are keen on seeing at least a Windows Phone app for Sonos. I wouldn't switch my Lumia for any other phone, nor do I want to be forced to buy into the iGoldenJail just for controlling my Sonos. Obviously, having a full Metro app for Windows 8 as well would be even better, but Windows Phone is the minimum.
Everyone, another way to request the Windows Phone 8 app is to download "Where's My App" from the app store and submit a request for the app. That at least puts it on Microsoft's radar as well.
Just tried to find that app, but was not able to. I'm in the UK - are you in the US, and this is maybe US only? (dang them if they did make it US-only)
For those of you with the Surface RT, I have 3 words for you. Remote Desktop Connection... Turn that on, and you can control your Sonos from your Surface RT exactly the same way you would do it from your desktop or laptop Windows app. On top of that, you can run ANY app that you have on your PC from your surface. Not a native app, but should tide you over till Sonos decides to announce something.
I'd like to add my 2 cents to this thread. Windows Phone and Windows 8/RT users need some Sonos love. Come on, Sonos Team--Make it happen! I just bought my first Sonos components yesterday and already I'm in love with this system. Just need a controller app for my Nokia Lumia 920 and for my Surface RT. I would also love to see Xbox Music integration. I hope you guys have some good news for us soon!
Badge
Wow, still waiting. Really?
Userlevel 1
Please tell me that at least a Windows Phone 8 app is inbound to launch alongside the Sonos Play 1...I so badly want to adopt a Sonos home theatre setup with playbar, sub and surround but simply cannot spend more money beyond my two Play 5s, two Play 3s and Sonos Connect until my Nokia Lumia 1020 is supported at the very least....support for my Surface RT tablet would certainly be icing on the cake!
Userlevel 1
John M, how long has this been under consideration?
Badge +18
This request was submitted around the time of the launch of Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT last year. It's been under consideration for essentially that whole time. Not every request goes under consideration immediately but this has consistently been one of our most popular requests.
Don't you get it. They don't care since they deem Windows as a small segment of the market. It's not cost effective for them to develop the app on Windows. End of story.
That's why it's still under consideration to keep you buying their goods with the hope that an app will be developed someday that will never come...
Userlevel 2
Another Lumia 920 and Surface RT owner. I'm holding off on purchasing a couple connect amps until I've got an app to control them.
Another WP8 owner here, who has been waiting, waiting. Even if there are only a few thousand more customers buying your products, wouldn't it still make sense to create such an app? This attitude is starting to appear arrogant towards your loyal customers who like to have choice!
Another WP8 owner here, who has been waiting, waiting. Even if there are only a few thousand more customers buying your products, wouldn't it still make sense to create such an app? This attitude is starting to appear arrogant towards your loyal customers who like to have choice!
I personally will equip every room in my place, once an official Sonos WP8 app is available and no sooner.
Here's another Lumia 920 and Surface RT owner. Please realize the need for a app on these platforms.
Bored waiting for this to happen
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I too, like many of us would love a Windows Phone App. I bought the Phonos app but it really is substandard experience compared to Sonos for Android which Rocks! Unfortunately I've given up my Android devices. WP8 is now the # 3 platform beating out Blackberry and MS's acquisition of Nokia Mobile paints a promising picture for the future of the platform. Can't wait for further news ....
Userlevel 2
bought my first Sonos products and missing Windows 8 RT and Windows Phone 8 app. I´m wondering that Sonos doesn´t support this plattforms?
I just bought a Nokia 920 and am very happy with it but very dissapointed that only a third party app for € 5 is available. Such an nice and modern system and no windows 8 phone app.... Koert
Please Sonos, get this fixed... My family switched to windows phones and the lack of proper WP Sonos app is getting really annoying.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Are other alternative solution explored y SONOS ? Like the one I describe here : a Web Service.
Please, support both of these OSes.
Me to
I don't think he will. I've been waiting for to years. They have said for to years that they have plans on making support for windows.
It says under consideration.... Is been like this for months.