Support Windows 8 RT for Surface Tablet and Windows Phone 8 for Mobile Devices

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

941 replies

I almost decided to build my new setup on Sonos. Then I discovered (because I asked - not because I saw it in a Sonos brochure, oh no...) that all the nice words about Sonos are effectively meaningless. But I don't despair. There are any number of sound bars out there, and many of them offer just as much value for your Money as Sonos does. I expect to be a little irritated with the operation of whatever I decide to buy - but I shall probably enjoy the sound quality that much more. Christian
Please make a native wp8 app. or help developers build their own http://sonority.codeplex.com/
I just purchased and had a Sonos in my lower level remodel project. I was surprised to find that you do not have a Windows phone app. This is rather poor form to have such a product and only support part of the phone population. When will you correct bthis major flaw?
This is really ridiculous. Hurry up and release an app for Windows phones! I've been a loyal customer of Sonos forever. I'd be more than happy to spend a few bucks on an app if necessary. I would've been willing to pay for the iOS versions I've used for years. To not offer something for which so many of your customers have been clamoring for months is terrible. So much of the success of Sonos has been based upon the word of mouth of your customers. I've personally been directly responsible for 8 families, besides my own, buying systems for their homes. At least 3 of them, in turn, have been the catalyst for purchases by others. To continue to do nothing is inexcusable.
Userlevel 2
Seriously, why is this taking so long?
SO - What's the status of this project?!
Userlevel 2
Dear Sonos! Your customers are waiting for WP8 app as well as RT support! How long will you keep us waiting?
SO - What's the status of this project?!
The status is "Under Consideration." When the status changes, it will either be "Planned" or "Unplanned."
Just adding my voice here. Really need a WP8 app for an investment in a Sonos system to be worthwhile for me.
Userlevel 2
Badge
adding my vote too for a special release of the controler on windows RT. All the portable device should be compatible as the Microsoft Surface...
Hello John, another three month and nothing new 2 report? I can’t believe it. Please give us some hints and change the status. How long do you have to think about that? We all deserve to know what’s going on. thx
Userlevel 2
we are still waiting. c'mon let's fix this give us WP8 and RT support!!!!!!
Badge
Hello Sonos Absolutely love this idea. Now that surface 2 and Nokia phones are hot items in the win 8 world... I hope the label "under consideration" changes quick to "planned".
Hi Sonos I have been using a touch screen Windows 8 Laptop for a couple of months now and now I have got used to the new interface really appreciating it as a great operating system. I get the feeling that as the word spreads the initial scepticism will fall away as people appreciate quite how productive it is once you personalise it. Now what I really need to complete it is to control my Sonos system from a Metro style app. Properly done I think the touch screen environment in Widows would be a lovely place to be.
Hello, I finally ditched Android for a great WP8 phone (Lumia 1020) and I am very happy I did it. I've got all the apps I need with one exception...Sonos... And now this situation is starting to annoy me more and more. Please Sonos, it is time to fix this.
Have a 3 and a 5 and am considering going all out with the sub and the playbar but won’t until Sonos releases an app for WP8 and Windows RT. Obviously I have both (Nokia and Surface RT) and it is a nuisance, so one of the two eco systems needs to go. Since a controller app is not a huge investment and a decent nr of people outside the US - own a WP8 (not so much RT, fair enough) I blame Sonos for being lazy. Even if economics don’t support the investment in an app – but fer C sake, it is a controller, not Halo 5 - it still means Sonos is making life difficult for some of its customers. Not something I appreciate, more so since ease of use is a key Sonos feature / USP. Or it was. Should be. Whatever. Bit like Apple making an ugly product, or Porsche a car that doesn’t drive well – twice as bad as it would be normally. Typing this I am actually getting more pee -offed by it. Whatever, forget it Sonos I am putting my 3 and 5 on Ebay and will go with something else before I get in even deeper in what turn out to be shallow waters,
Userlevel 1
I suggest that we tweet @JohnLMacFarlane (one of the heads at Sonos) to let him know what we think of the fact that the most requested feature is taking so long to get sorted. Maybe he is not aware? Remember to be nice. 🙂
I have four Sonos components in my house and still have to use an old iPod touch to control them as both my Lumia 920 and my Surface RT are not getting adequate support. This is really poor and something I did not expect when I decided to go for Sonos as my main entertainment solution. Equally poor is their lack of feedback or update in this discussion. Windows Phone 8 and WinRT are around for quite some time now and I am sure it's not rocket science to create an app for these platforms. Most likely I would have picked another brand/solution if I knew this before and now I am are seriously considering putting my 3 Play5 and my Connect on ebay, too, as I use is less frequently since I have the Lumia.
I have four Sonos components in my house and still have to use an old iPod touch to control them as both my Lumia 920 and my Surface RT are not getting adequate support. This is really poor and something I did not expect when I decided to go for Sonos as my main entertainment solution. Equally poor is their lack of feedback or update in this discussion. Windows Phone 8 and WinRT are around for quite some time now and I am sure it's not rocket science to create an app for these platforms. Most likely I would have picked another brand/solution if I knew this before and now I am are seriously considering putting my 3 Play5 and my Connect on ebay, too, as I use is less frequently since I have the Lumia.
"Adequate support?" Sonos never claimed to support a Windows Phone controller. How can you inadequately support something that you never claimed to support in the first place?
signed... although that would be so fukn great! 🙂
It's been 3 months since the last update, anything new???
When I read the comments I'm very disappointed. As a so long time customers are still waiting for a SONOS app which is useable for "windows 8 tabs". Let us discuss the actual situation from a special point of view. Maybe the problem is the cooperation between SONOS and Apple?? Ok - if it is, than tell us this from SONOS side. I bougth a lot of the products of SONOS, but I will decide also in the future by my self which software (Apple or Windows) I us! Maybe a have decide wrong as i bougth SONOS??
I'm desperately waiting for this Sonos-app. I like my sonos-system very much, but I can only use it when my husband or children are at home !! Because I'm using a Windows 8 tablet (and they have Ipad and Android phone). PLEASE....
When I read the comments I'm very disappointed. As a so long time customers are still waiting for a SONOS app which is useable for "windows 8 tabs". Let us discuss the actual situation from a special point of view. Maybe the problem is the cooperation between SONOS and Apple?? Ok - if it is, than tell us this from SONOS side. I bougth a lot of the products of SONOS, but I will decide also in the future by my self which software (Apple or Windows) I us! Maybe a have decide wrong as i bougth SONOS??
I highly doubt the problem is "cooperation between SONOS and Apple." Sonos produces an Android controller, and Android is much more of a thret to Apple than MS, Also, there are several Apple features (Airplay, direct connect to Sonosnet) that Apple users are clamoring for almost as much as Windoes 8 users. No conspiracy here.
Count me in 🙂 please sonos, make it happen already. a lot of your customers are waiting for a wp8 app. I bet there is a lot of people out there who consider the absence of a windows app a showstopper! best