Please go back to the last app, the update sucks SO bad!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

397 replies

Userlevel 1
Why? Previously it was all so straightforward. "If it ain't broke. . . . . . . .". What was the thinking behind the latest update? Please just give us one logical reason for making the update so thoroughly unpleasant to use. Then please change it back to the penultimate update which had a satisfying, user friendly, workability about it. Surely we can't all be expected to switch to a competitors' system which the current update is driving us all too?
Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Why is anyone who is reasonably patient a "fanboy". I've expressed what I don't like about the current version and that's that. I don't have to dwell on it awaiting the next revision.

Chris, you and jgatie would do well to consider this logic for those of us who think the current app is crap.

I have expressed that I don't like the new app and given my reasons (I think twice in total). I am not going to dwell on it and keep posting over and over my frustration and dislike of the new app. Does my lack of posting mean I have adjusted and now warmed to it? No not at all. I still think it's worst version to date. But I have neither the time nor desire to constantly post about it. But please don't take this as a sign that I and others like me therefore must have adjusted to the app and no longer dislike it.

It seems that if people constantly post their dislike, rants and moans, they are criticised for banging on about it. But if they post once and leave it at that, then their silence that follows must mean they have changed their mind. So how do we let our continued dislike of the app be known without regularly posting our negative views on it?

And jgatie, let the muscle memory thing go. I was able to use this app from day 1. Months on and I can still use it and still dislike it for the many reasons I and others have given. Absolutely nothing to do with just taking time to remember where everything is.

I think it's crap. And I'm not alone.
Userlevel 1
I sent a support ticket in that went as such:

Can I roll back my sonos app? The new update is terrible, I know your development team must of worked hard on this but I have been using the previous style for over 5 years then to see this whole shift without minor updates. The new format is terrible and VERY HARD TO WORK WITH. I spent a small fortune on my setup and would like to have the choice to roll back a version if I want to...

SONOS TEAM - please help us get back to normal. I wouldn't be upset normally about this but I have over 9 speakers and I feel I should be heard as this is VERY frustrating.... Please let us know we can roll back?!

Thanks,
G
Userlevel 1
The 8.0 version is horrible. I can no longer control the groupings nor are my rooms even showing up when the sonos speaker is playing music. I couldn’t even turn my system off tonight when the speakers playing were not even showing up in the app.
Separately my sonos favorites have been reverted to a list that was mine from months ago.

Terrible new interface. I’m trying to revert back to the one that worked.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Is there any way to revert back to the last app before the recent update? This latest update is just plain stupid.

The same for me!

Why so poor?

Why white? Absurde!

Why the functions are so hidden?

Why it is not possible for Sonos to offer customizable skins/functions?
I have 4 Play1, 1 Play3, 1 Play5, 1 Playbar, 1 Sub, really a lot of money, why the controller is so poor???
Userlevel 1
This update is the worst version ever! Why? Why? Can't you people just leave a working, intuitive, simple app alone?? I would love to go back to the original blue app from 5 years ago! That was the best version ever. PLEASE fix this! 😠
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
Jgatie, you appear to post seemingly dozens of times a day. These, for the the most part, are to offer up your opinions. You also seem preoccupied with those threads whose headers clearly indicate the opinions within will differ yours.

I have no interest in the overall low level of internet noise you create around here. However you seem unable to let a single post of mine go without comment.

You can post all day, everyday if you want. But there is something odd about someone who feels his
Voice must be heard above all others.

Why don’t you start a thread about how much you like v8 and I promise you I won’t bother you in there.

Andrew
Userlevel 2
Badge
The new app really sucks! Sonos needs to learn the lesson Coke did in 1985 when they tried to shove the "new Coke" down our throats! The people spoke out and Coke was forced to bring back what is now know as "classic Coke". The more we speak out against the new app there is a better chance they will produce an app that flows like the old one. Evey one I know that uses Sonos absolutely hates the newer app.
Userlevel 1
Yes, this is the worst update since the first update from the old blue background. The last version was very nearly perfect, Why change it so much. Now on the favorites screen you have to scroll both vertically and horizontally, What were you thinking?!! Please fix this SONOS!!!!
Userlevel 1
I purposely created an account in order to voice my opinion that the new interface on 8.2.1 is a huge step backwards.
Userlevel 1
Please Sonos. Listen to what we are saying. This is one of the worst apps I've ever seen. There is nothing intuitive about it. This is an example of what you get when you allow programmers to design an app without the aesthetics, form factor or user experience. I detest this thing and will not purchase another component until it's improved.
Userlevel 1
I am annoyed and my wife is down right livid!
Thanks Sonos!
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
For goodness sake drop the muscle memory nonsense. None of us are idiots — we all have reasonable cognitive abilities. Given enough time each of us could learn Macbeth, Pi to 100 places, Polish are anything else you care to mention. So 2 months in we’ve all adapted to v8. So what, does that it must be good ?? In my opinion (I stress MY option) it’s still a crock of ****.

Andrew
Userlevel 1
The new upgrade is like moving from digital to an 8 track tape. There was clearly no beta test. Sonos has done so many things right but the next "right" thing to do is go back to the previous version or simplify the operation immediately. This is so painful I created a userid just to post my frustration.
Userlevel 1
One reason for loving Sonos, was the easy and intuitive app, that made music simple.

Now Im stuck with a wife and kid (and myself) that constantly asks for my help to doing something with the sonos Music. This upgrade made didnt just made my life of music two times worse, but 3 times 2 times worse, because Im handling music for 3 persons now.

Sonos will not be in this home in the future, if it doesnt stay intuitive.
Userlevel 6
Badge +6
I hate it —- I can use it, of course I can, but I still hate it. Not in isolation, but because of what came before. I don’t mean version 7. I mean because over the years Sonos have eroded the overall experience on small devices (phones) and large devices (tablets), with bad design choices and then digging their heels in. It’s hard not to weep for the Sonos of several years ago.

Andrew
Userlevel 6
Badge +1
Why don’t you start a thread about how much you like v8 and I promise you I won’t bother you in there.
+1 from my side. Happy to keep things separate.
Userlevel 5
Badge +1

And the vast majority of my posts are helping people. You would see that if you ever ventured out of these complaint threads.

Wtf Physician heal thyself, your post history shows this to be completely false.

But like you say you can post what you want where you want since Sonos is all good with it.
Sonos you need to do something QUICK!!!!! This latest App is a disgrace!
Badge
I have 14 Sonos speakers around my house which were in constant use by all 4 members of the household. Since the update to v8, the usage has dropped to practically zero - the teenager in the house who used to be on Sonos 18 hours a day now solely uses headphones plugged into her iPhone. 100% of us don't like the new user interface on IOS. I dislike it so badly that I don't use the app from my phone at all anymore, it is totally counter intuitive and much slower and harder to use than earlier versions. If the next round of updates don't bring back some improvements in the iPhone app user interface, my Sonos system will be going on ebay.
I totally agree with the others. The only reason I signed up for the community is to express my frustration with the app update. Please hire a graphic designer that’s not afflicted with this ridiculous minimalism trend. Totally unintuitive, confusing, stressful to use. Please Sonos, Puleeez change the app. Having the same font, size and weight for the room name and the track/title is confusing. There’s no visual hierarchy. Please change back
Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Now you downplay that ploy with "it's just banter" and dismiss it as my delusions?

Did I say you were delusional?

andrew, you and others have made it your mission to shut me up. You succeeded.

Oh, by that do you mean you have been spoken to by the mods ?? — I have never told you to shut up, and I don’t have that power, but they do. I see one of your other nasty aggressive threads was shut down though.

Jgatie, I repeat — it is JUST an app. Stop the harsh words, the unpleasant tone, the aggressive stance. Before you get this thread shut down too.

Andrew
Userlevel 2
Badge
OMG, what happend to you Sonos. For so many years you have done a great job releasing software and then you release this terrible pile of rubbish. I have been trying since the upgrade to get in touch with the interface, but it is truly unintuitive and unworkable. Please, please revert back to the old one. It wasn't broke, in fact it was really good, so stop playing with it.
Jgatie... give it a rest. The last version was worse than the version before, and this version is worse than the last. Just let people have their say. Stick to “sighing” and telling people to turn their systems on and off again if you want to rule the forum (or start your own).
Give it a rest JGatie, it is not a competition. We all have access to the Sonos release notes so if you are saying nothing changed from v5.0 to 7.4 (25 releases BTW) then you are making yourself look like a fool and I thought you were an intelligent man.