Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Sonos system, Era300 and Era100 speakers, and I have a Sony LX310BT vinyl turntable.

Everything was working perfectly for a few days: the vinyl player and the Sonos Era300 speaker are perfectly connected via Bluetooth with a steady blue light.

However, for the past few days, no sound is coming out of the speaker when I try to connect it to either the Era300 or Era100.

I tested my turntable on a Bluetooth Marshall speaker, and it works.

I connected my phone via Bluetooth to the speakers using Apple Music, and there is sound.

I've tried to troubleshoot the issue from every angle, but I can't find a solution. I don't know why, overnight, no sound is coming out.

I have done the lastest update. Problem remains…

Has there been a Sonos firmware update?

thx!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 December 2023, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Userlevel 7

« Sonos guys »??? Youhou ?!!

We feel a little bit abandoned here….

Be patient. Sonos is aware of the problem and will send a new software update when the problem has been fixed. It has only been 10 days since the 15.10 update was released.

Userlevel 1

I am having the exact same issue with the exact same equipment: Sonos Era 300 and Sony PS-LX310BT turntable. I’ve been playing via bluetooth from the turntable through the Era 300 for about a month, but it mysteriously stopped working 2 days ago (Saturday, November 18, 2023).

I have played music through the Sonos by connecting a cell phone via bluetooth without issue. I have played music from the turntable through another (non-sonos) portable speaker via bluetooth without issue.

The equipment will pair successfully, but no sound through the speaker. Diagnostic for me while the devices were paired and a record was playing: 997815301

Tech on the phone saw that the turntable was showing up as a connected device. Will be anxiously awaiting information.

App updated 6 Feb 24. Also a firmware update on 6 Feb. Steps: update App first, then update the firmware via the updated App. Sony turntable now plays via Bluetooth on Sonos 300!

App updated 6 Feb 24. Also a firmware update on 6 Feb. Steps: update App first, then update the firmware via the updated App. Sony turntable now plays via Bluetooth on Sonos 300!

Working also on a Era300 after the update!

Userlevel 1

Good news! 
I got a  RCA cable to jack/ and connect to the Sonos adapter and it works fine. Problem solved.

Cheers Ken.

Same issue here. Had the Sony PS-LX310BT specifically for its BT function for Xmas. Bought the Sonos Era 300 to pair with it. 
BT paired no issue but no sound. Like everyone the turntable works with other BT devices and ERA works with iPhone.

Going to try a manual connection. Very disappointed in my first Sonos purchase.

Just before last Xmas, Sonos Staff indicated the fix would be in early 2024 and there has not been any updates so far this year, not sure it will be in the next update, as it was subject to the fix being tested, so guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens. At least Sonos are aware and it looks like a fix is in the pipeline.🤞

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Fingers crossed then.
Disappointing that I’m sat here with ironically Sony earphones - listening to Amy Winehouse on vinyl, gazing at my silent Sonos!!

I prefer a wired line-in connection, as it’s higher quality audio compared to what Bluetooth can provide and I find it more stable with the fact Sonos provides a line-in audio buffer of between ~75ms and 2secs (user can choose their buffer size within the limits mentioned) just to cater for Home wired/wireless network conditions across multiple grouped Sonos rooms. Thats great for playing TT PCM uncompressed stereo audio anywhere, or everywhere around the Home.

So whilst Bluetooth is a nice alternative option for headphones, like you mention, I would mostly choose a wired connection for my Sonos speaker system anyway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keterelyon 

Thanks - we are investigating.

Userlevel 1

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the reply.

It worked 😊👍 Now I used my Sonos Roam as a bridge to the Sonos Era 300 and the rest of the system

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have the very same problem.

some people are attributing this to the Sonos software upgrade version 15.10.

I tried to do the web chat to Sonos, but a waste of time unfortunately.

I think I will have to contact the retailer tomorrow morning as I only purchased my setup in July.

kind Regards 

Martin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Here is one:

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @WintonGuy 

That's out of my powers to do, so I would recommend contacting our support channels in this case to see what resources they have available for you in these circumstances. If you bought direct from our store, you'll get 100 days Money Back Guarantee period anyway, so that shouldn't be a problem, but we can't refund you for anything that you did not purchase from us.

Having said all that, I honestly can't tell you or give you any promises.

I hope this helps.

Just to be sure, is it mandatory to get the Sonos Line in adapter? I mean, can I do the same with a 3rd party market, or should I buy the 25€ ones and an RCA/Jack adapter?

Tks

Matteo

Unfortunately, generic adapters are all digital in to analog out.  Only the Sonos brand unit is analog in to digital out.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the reply Ken. I’ll report back once I get the cable. I’ve got the Sonos adapter and I’ve ordered a RCA to jack adapter as well.

Userlevel 1

I’ve been hoping for an answer on this since the day it was first reported. I have the same issue, Era100 and a Sony PS-LX310BT that I just purchased recently, specifically to use them together. Both were working fine until after I installed the most recent Sonos update and the turntable pairs with my portable bluetooth speakers no problem. You really need to fix this ASAP. The most recent update is clearly the problem, since all of us have the same equipment, same issue (successful pairing but no audio), and it all started after we updated. 

I definitely expect better than two-week wait for an issue this widely reported for the premium we pay for Sonos. I will return my Era if we don’t get a response on this soon.

Userlevel 1

I understand that patience is needed, but I think we’d like some assurance that this can be fixed. I was happy with the performance of the unit, but my return window is closing and I don’t want to be stuck with a $500 paperweight. I’m sure others don’t have the luxury of a return at this point, and are probably even more anxious.

Userlevel 1

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the reply.

It worked before, which means it can be fixed. 

Great,,,, after an hour and a half onto Sonos support, going through every possible fix , they eventually said let’s leave it there…. the diagnostics don’t report any problems, also according to them the problem hasn’t been reported to them before, and whilst they can understand my annoyance at system being rendered useless after update to simply wait for the problem to be addressed. They don’t know when this will be.

Hey Sonos, any update on this issue? It shouldn’t take that long to fix a critical yet basic connectivity issue…

See the reply/update here from Sonos Staff made a few days ago…

Userlevel 2
Badge

« Sonos guys »??? Youhou ?!!

We feel a little bit abandoned here….

Same problem here! I am glad to have seen this thread because I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what happened. It all started about a week ago, before that it worked great. Sony PS-LX310BT connects to the ERA300 bluetooth (you can hear the chime) but no sound comes out. I can play other devices through bluetooth over the ERA300 and I can play the record player over other bluetooth speakers. I’ve reset the sonos, renamed it, tried everything I can think of.

I hope this get’s resolved quickly!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not yet. watch this topic and you’ll likely see when it is.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes as using Bluetooth compresses the sound.

But obviously subjective as people's hearing and perception varies.

Userlevel 2
Badge

It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one incompatible with the Sonos system…