Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a Sonos system, Era300 and Era100 speakers, and I have a Sony LX310BT vinyl turntable.

Everything was working perfectly for a few days: the vinyl player and the Sonos Era300 speaker are perfectly connected via Bluetooth with a steady blue light.

However, for the past few days, no sound is coming out of the speaker when I try to connect it to either the Era300 or Era100.

I tested my turntable on a Bluetooth Marshall speaker, and it works.

I connected my phone via Bluetooth to the speakers using Apple Music, and there is sound.

I've tried to troubleshoot the issue from every angle, but I can't find a solution. I don't know why, overnight, no sound is coming out.

I have done the lastest update. Problem remains…

Has there been a Sonos firmware update?

thx!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 December 2023, 12:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Not yet. watch this topic and you’ll likely see when it is.

Userlevel 1

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime

Ok, I'll try that. Thanks for the reply.

It worked 😊👍 Now I used my Sonos Roam as a bridge to the Sonos Era 300 and the rest of the system

App updated 6 Feb 24. Also a firmware update on 6 Feb. Steps: update App first, then update the firmware via the updated App. Sony turntable now plays via Bluetooth on Sonos 300!

App updated 6 Feb 24. Also a firmware update on 6 Feb. Steps: update App first, then update the firmware via the updated App. Sony turntable now plays via Bluetooth on Sonos 300!

Working also on a Era300 after the update!