Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

This is unfortunate and a waiting game.  I have 2 Era 300s that I bought for the sole purpose of this as well. and if I buy the adapter, it will only play on 1 of my Era’s.. :(

I just was gifted an era 100 to go with my Sony Bluetooth record player, and I am having the same issue. It says it’s connected via Bluetooth in the Sonos app but it’s not working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It's really taking a long time now, it seems like you're forcing the purchase of your turntable by making the Sony one incompatible with the Sonos system…

I asked you on the other thread if you really belive in this… come on, Sonos won’t be such stupid. 😉 

I bought à pro ject Bt E1 turntable and unfortunately it doesn’t Connect to my era 300 even though it has a preamp and blutooth. Any news regarding this pb ? Thx

Userlevel 2

Got an Era 100 for Xmas - merry Xmas to me. But alas, after thinking it was faulty got this same problem, works fine connected to other things but not my Sony turntable….. (PS-LX310BT)

so, do I hold on hope they get this fixed or take it back? Whole point was that we can connect it to the vinyl player….

Userlevel 1

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Same issues here. My Sonos ERA 300 only arrived today  (28th November 23) with the sole purpose of linking it  to my turntable, so I'm so annoyed I can't use it. The speaker works with my phone and sounds great, so I guess I just need to wait.

Diagnostic: 1416430351

In the app, it says you can downgrade product to S1. Would that revert to a working software patch?

I'm a new SONOS customer but not feeling the love yet.

Userlevel 2
Badge

No, I think that refers to the version of the Sonos App, not the speaker.

Same issue here - Era 100 pairing with Sony PS-LX310BT and no sound playing. System had been working brilliantly for months until recently. Hope they get it fixed soon. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keterelyon et al

Thank you all for your feedback on this, we greatly appreciate it. We understand that you are eagerly waiting for this to get fixed, and while we can't give an exact date, we can share that we have narrowed down the issue and internal teams are currently testing a possible solution.

To set the correct expectation for everyone: There will not be a fix released before the year end, since more testing needs to be done to make sure the fix actually works.

While we don't have more information right now, we will of course share any news, in the main related thread linked below, once we do.

This is such a shame that this has happened because I have had to spend out additional money to make my system work, i.e. The line in adapter and a male to female convertor too. Is there any compensation for those left out of pocket by your mistake? 

Just bought an Era 100 as a christmas gift to myself. Does pair with my Vinyl player Sony PS-LX310BT. But No sound at all. Really disappointing to see that this issue was reported long ago. Still nothing. Waiting a week but if not solved I’ll get a refund instead. Really a shame - was my first and last Sonos I guess.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Keterelyon 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Thanks for reporting! Could I ask you all to please submit a support diagnostic after attempting to connect your Sony turntables to your Sonos speakers and reply here with the confirmation numbers given? 

Please also include which room you were trying to connect. Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Same issue here. Had the Sony PS-LX310BT specifically for its BT function for Xmas. Bought the Sonos Era 300 to pair with it. 
BT paired no issue but no sound. Like everyone the turntable works with other BT devices and ERA works with iPhone.

Going to try a manual connection. Very disappointed in my first Sonos purchase.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Good news! 
I got a  RCA cable to jack/ and connect to the Sonos adapter and it works fine. Problem solved.

Cheers Ken.

Just to be sure, is it mandatory to get the Sonos Line in adapter? I mean, can I do the same with a 3rd party market, or should I buy the 25€ ones and an RCA/Jack adapter?

Tks

Matteo

Userlevel 1

I used the Sonus adapter which was a USB C to 3.5mm jack. 
The RCA to 3.5mm jack  adapter, which I then plugged into the Sonus USB adapter was aftermarket.

So in summary - USB C must be genuine Sonos 

RCA to Jack can be aftermarket.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Fingers crossed then.
Disappointing that I’m sat here with ironically Sony earphones - listening to Amy Winehouse on vinyl, gazing at my silent Sonos!!

Just got my turntable today solely so I can connect via Bluetooth and I’m having this issue too, anyone have any updates?

Userlevel 2
Badge

For me the problem started on the 17th november. I’m sure that liked to an update from Sonos…

Same problem with my system, turntable was working through Era100 but now won’t - but has an obvious connection to Era100. Reconnected turntable to another Bluetooth speaker and playing fine.  Diagnostics submitted No 1811496639

No, I think that refers to the version of the Sonos App, not the speaker.

OK, thanks. Should we lodging complaints individually to Sonos to get more traction on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d call Sonos and ask them if you should return it or if they can assist you in getting it connected in wired mode until this bug is fixed.

Support has some presence here but a call is almost always better for sales support.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hence why I purchased the line in adapter, I suspected there would not be a quick fix for this.

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers%2D229128/bluetooth%2Dconnected%2Dbut%2Dno%2Dsound%2D6887160?postid=16688473#post16688473