Answered

No sound coming out of sonos Era300 when connected to Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth

• 19 November 2023
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It will only connect to one Era but will play on both. Either Grouped or as a Stereo Pair.

I have the same problem connecting my Era 100’s to a Sennheiser Bluetooth transmitter, BT-T 100.The speakers have a solid blue light, indicating a Bluetooth connection but there is no audio. The system worked fine when I connected it all a few months back but now has the same issue as reported above, with the Sony vinyl player. I have proved the Bluetooth transmitter is working by connecting headphones to it and the Era 100’s work when I connect an iPhone to them. It’s the combination of Sennheiser BT-T 100 and Sonos Era 100’s that are the problem. That pairing cost me £570 and is now useless. If there is no quick fix then I will be returning the speakers to John Lewis.

I bought the Era 300 with the intention of setting it up with the Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable via bluetooth.  And now it doesn't work after the last update of the Sonos app. What does Sonos intend to do about it?  This has gone on for far too long.  It's very sad, as I have over 10 Sonos devices.

Your community profile suggests you own a Sonos Roam. By all accounts that product is not affected by the current issue, so just use that device instead… you can then play the TT audio on any/every one of your Sonos speakers by grouping them with the Roam over WiFi in the S2 Sonos App. Then you just need to wait patiently for Sonos to fix it for your Era 300 BT pairing, but you’re likely not losing anything at the moment as your Roam should be able to resolve things in the meantime.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Check other posts here, I think there is something being looked at about bluetooth problems.

I used the Sonus adapter which was a USB C to 3.5mm jack. 
The RCA to 3.5mm jack  adapter, which I then plugged into the Sonus USB adapter was aftermarket.

So in summary - USB C must be genuine Sonos 

RCA to Jack can be aftermarket.

To be clear, it’s 3.5mm to USB C. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

hello, is there the number: 1882800596, room “salon1”

and here a screen shot we see “no music choosed”, before that issue, when I connected ma era300 (or era 100) to the turntable, in the apps, the BT symbol appeared, not anymore.

thx

I'm having the exact same issue here - pairs fine no sound and when I pair turntable to a non Sonos device (headphones) it works just fine. 

Any word from @Sonos   for when this will be fixed?

EDIT - seems to be an Era issue, just paired the turntable to a Sonos roam and working fine

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have given up on the Bluetooth as the speakers and turn table are useless if it doesn't work.

So I bought the Sonos line in adapter so LPs can be listened to.........could take a long time for a patch fix to appear.

Mind you, Sonos should refund the £20 it cost me for the adapter, but not much chance of that. 🤭

Can @sonos advise when this error will be rectified?

I only use my turntable wirelessly with era100’s and the recent update has basically rendered my system unusable 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Waiting for some good news so! Thx 

Same issue. Hope you can help

Exact same issue here as reported by others, Sony PS-LX310BT Turntable connects but no audio out of sonos era 100 speaker. Was working until two weeks ago. Very disappointed as bought the speaker specifically for this use.

Also very disappointed with “live chat” service, can’t even connect with anyone to report the issue - useless. Will continue to check here for updates but considering returning speaker as many have mentioned here.

@Claus_vb You mean a preamp? Your turntable does not have a built in preamp?

It has an integrated phono preamplifier.  

Exactly same issue for me:

* Sony PS-LX310BT to Era 300 = Bluetooth connection but no sound (bought Era 300 literally today only for use as this combo)

* Sony PS-LX310BT to Roam = Bluetooth connection and sound

* Samsung Spotify to Era 300 via Bluetooth (made sure Wifi was off) connection and sound

Diagnostics ref 1552301213 (done whilst PS-LX310BT to Era 300 connected)

Come on Sonos, please

1) post back on this thread to confirm you are actively looking at this widespread issue

2) push out s/w upgrade asap!!

Can someone tell me If this problem

has been fixed I’m about to give up on Sonos.

I have given up on the Bluetooth as the speakers and turn table are useless if it doesn't work.

So I bought the Sonos line in adapter so LPs can be listened to.........could take a long time for a patch fix to appear.

Mind you, Sonos should refund the £20 it cost me for the adapter, but not much chance of that. 🤭

Could I ask did you also need to purchase and RCA to 3.5mm jack to connect to the Sonos adaptor? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes I did, I think I paid £6.99 from Amazon.

Glad I did buy the cables as I suspected it won't be top of the urgency list to fix.

I think that's what I will need to do too. So frustrating that I will need to spend nearly £30 to get a connection. Thanks for the reply though. Much appreciated. 👍

Same issue.  Diagnostic for me while the devices were paired and a record was playing: 636789008

Yes I did, I think I paid £6.99 from Amazon.

Glad I did buy the cables as I suspected it won't be top of the urgency list to fix.

Did it work for you with cables? I have the same problem, I bought an RCA to 3.5mm adapter but it still doesn't sound. It can barely be heard very low on the turntable, but not o  the speaker. now I have to buy an amplifier to connect all the cables

Same issue, still doesn't work...

Userlevel 2
Badge

Damn, could you tell me what the retailer will say please? Thx!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Yes it did work.

You shouldn't need the amp.

Did you buy the genuine Sonos line in usb c adaptor?

Did you look in the Sonos app to make sure it had been recognised.

If you have done all this and you are still having issues, call Sonos tech support.

Don't waste your money buying an app, you don't need one. 

Just adding my woes into the mix and to hope a fix gets issued shortly. As an aside, for those using the wired connection is the sound quality noticibly better than the Bluetooth? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Claus_vb You mean a preamp? Your turntable does not have a built in preamp?