Napster with Alexa

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

119 replies

+1 for Napster/Alexa
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Have sonos actually mentioned if they will add this yet or are they just ignoring it. I have 5 sonos speakers around my house and have used napster since day 1, its way cheaper and i certainly dont want to change to a different service.
Userlevel 2
Badge
+1 for Napster/Alexa
Need to lobby Napster too. You would like to think that they are in discussion with Sonos but who knows? If they aren't active on this they might find their subscribers begin to walk.
Likewise have used napster since day 1 and have always raved about it. Since getting Alexa I have tried Amazon but can only play on one speaker at a time (I have 7 so this doesn't work for me). Spotify is rubbish as has a really poor list search, and when music is added to "your music" you can only display by album i.e. no Artist search! Napster is great and works exactly how it should - please can you get the Alexa support running? For me I am now disappointed by my One and Alexa is being relegated to being a gimmic - such a shame for what I thought would be a great feature.
Badge
Will Alexa be able to work with Napster
Badge
Please, please provide compatibility with Napster otherwise I will not be investing in Alexa.
Userlevel 1
Yes, please add Napster for Alexa!
Userlevel 2
Accessing Sonos/Napster via Alexa was THE reason I bought the Echo. Please add Napster!!! Thanks.
I would like to add a vote for Napster as well. Thanks.
when will Sonos work with Napster - as above when I bought Sonos I was given a 6 month free trail with Napster - 3 years on and I am hooked - I dont want to move to Spotify as its a poor platform - appreciate its the biggest and there are so many hours in a day - but can you give an ETA on when Napster will be supported? otherwise its premium music platform apartheid and not fair!!!
Another request for adding Napster support for Alexa. Thank you.
Add my request for Napster capability!!
I was actively encouraged by Sonos to use Napster as it was offered free for 6 months on Sonos purchases, so it’s a bit out of order for Sonos not to have this platform available for use with Alexa. Be nice for Sonos to reply to this thread, even just to tell us it’s not gonna happen
I have been with Sonos from start great product, now I have added Alexa to my system so please speak to Napster about Alexa connectivity
Will Alexa be able to work with Napsterditto x many
i'd like compatibility with napster too!
I would also like to have Napster controlled by Alexa.
I was actively encouraged by Sonos to use Napster as it was offered free for 6 months on Sonos purchases, so it’s a bit out of order for Sonos not to have this platform available for use with Alexa. Be nice for Sonos to reply to this thread, even just to tell us it’s not gonna happen

It's not really up to Sonos. Right now, Amazon's Connected Speaker API for Alexa only supports music services that are supported on Alexa. If that is going to change, Amazon has to change it, either by allowing connected speakers to control native services via Alexa, or supporting your preferred music service on Alexa devices.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
But it was Sonos' decision to throw away all the work to support any and all music services, a feature that remains unique to their hardware, and hand total control over which services would be supported to Amazon. Amazon also control the speech grammar entirely too (which is why we don't have group volume, or groups generally).
But it was Sonos' decision to throw away all the work to support any and all music services, a feature that remains unique to their hardware, and hand total control over which services would be supported to Amazon. Amazon also control the speech grammar entirely too (which is why we don't have group volume, or groups generally).

Yes, that was the decision so they would not have to force users to run a local server, say clunky commands, and suffer the non-intelligent responses inherent to a "tell Sonos to do xxx" type of skill. Instead they made a less amateur, more integrated interface utilzing Amazon's API. Perhaps you'd like to compare sales figures to see what approach is more popular?
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Sigh.
So I guess that's a big "No" on comparing sales figures? 😃
Userlevel 2

I have the same problem. How did you get Alexa to work with Napster?

Can I have my vote included guys! Please add Napster to the Alexa music services so I can control my Sonos through Alexa!