Answered

Disable Sonos One Alexa from playing a sound when I say "Alexa"

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

313 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree with the above- please add option to disable sound
+1. Understand the reason and decision. Possible to use the led used for pairing instead? Really annoying for previous user of echo and appreciate any workaround you can provide. Thanks and overall great work!
Userlevel 1
I love alexa. My girlfriend does not. The fact that we now hear a noise every time alexa is activated has only boosted her confidence in the fact that alexa is always listening. It should not make that noise when watching a tv show, or when we’re just having standard conversation. Requesting turn off feature as well
Userlevel 1
Agree the Sonos One wake chime is superfluous & should have a disable feature. The power LED light already increases in brightness for a visual cue, if needed.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am just "Chiming in" with agreement that this chime after saying "Alexa" is annoying! I can understand a sound if an error occurs (in computers 35 years) but I agree with others that this current sound does not add any value to the Sonos One.
Userlevel 1
It would be great to have this be an option to disable. I know personally I am confident that alexa is activated 99 percent of the time and to not need to hear that chime to know it happened. If this gets fixed I will be adding one more sonos one to the room so my chances will be even better of it hearing me 😃
Userlevel 2
Also erm... reaching out to you. Love my new One - my first Sonos experience - and generally pleased with the Alexa function. However I also find the post-'Alexa' tone very irritating so really want the option to either turn off or reduce volume (without affecting voice volume).
PLEASE!
Userlevel 1
Just adding my vote to disable/change the wake chime. Thanks.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Since the Sonos One doesn't have the light ring that you might find on the Echo Dot, the tone was enabled so that you know when the Sonos One heard you and when it's communicating with the cloud. There isn't a way to turn that off, but I'll pass on your request to the team for you.

Thanks for reaching out!

Google how doesn’t have a light ring, it light in the same way as the sonos one and this doesn’t have this stupid and irritating sound. No only is it silly but it means more often than not the sonos one miss hears what you ask. I don’t think it is a feature we would like but rather a feature needed!
Userlevel 1
Please give us this option.
Userlevel 2
I agree. Please mak this an option. I won’t buy another speaker until this is fixed...it’s annoying and unnecessary.
Userlevel 2
I second an option to turn this off - or at least change it in some way. The tone can be a little loud, maybe just have Alexa say "yes?" or "how can I help?"
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Since the Sonos One doesn't have the light ring that you might find on the Echo Dot, the tone was enabled so that you know when the Sonos One heard you and when it's communicating with the cloud. There isn't a way to turn that off, but I'll pass on your request to the team for you.

Thanks for reaching out!