Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen:2 will not connect to WiFi

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

Hi, I have the same problem, diagnostics 461560896. Any chance to havea look at it?
Thanks a lot!
Userlevel 1
The issue was resolved by Sono's successfully by sending me a replacement unit as it was a known issue with a defective wireless card. I'm happy again with a working system and Sonos support were very helpful. I hope you also get your issue resolved as I know the frustration of not being able to connect.
Hi there, I got the same issue, i can only connect my play 5 wired.
Diagnostic Id: 1257969747
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have the exact same issue. Can you help me?

Diagnostic Id: 356211501

Thanks for sending in the report. I see a Play:5 in your report, but it seems to be connecting to the wireless signal. If the unit in question isn't showing up in the app, please temporarily wire it in to the network with an ethernet cable, then send along a new report.
Badge
I have the exact same issue. Can you help me?

Diagnostic Id: 356211501
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I forgot to add the diagnostic information, its #1488866377

Hi Laurence5,

Thanks for sending in the diagnostic report. It looks like there's something going on with the wireless card on your PLAY:5. Our phone team should be able to pick things up from here. Please give us a call, you can find our phone number and hours here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

I'm assuming that you don't have any other Sonos devices connected via an ethernet cable? Can you please reset the Wi-Fi setup in the Sonos App>Settings>Advanced>Wireless Setup and then if you don't have any other wired Sonos players reconfigure wi-fi. (If you do then your system is in Boost mode and wi-fi credentials should not be added.)
Userlevel 1
I've see a few mentions of this issue but I have not seen any resolution. I have a generation 2 play 5 that worked for about a year and now won't connect to Wifi. I believe the problem started after I did a software update but at this stage after trying everything I'm still not able to connect. However if I plug it in via an Ethernet cable it works fine. Can anyone help me to figure out how to solve this issue? Is it a hardware issue or is some software fix available that I need to install?

I forgot to add the diagnostic information, its #1488866377