Answered

Sonos Play 5 Gen:2 will not connect to WiFi

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

108 replies

I have exactly the same problem! Tried already multiple resets etc. nothing worked so far! I want to move the speaker to a place where no WIRE is available 

diagnostic number is 33414422

thanks!

dan

My Play:5 had had issues with WiFi for some time but hasn’t really affected me as I have always had it hard wired by Ethernet. 
However, this has now failed so I have no use of the speaker at all…

Emailed Sonos support yesterday and sent diagnostics to them, they have ran me through what I have already done to try and resolve but still no joy. 

awaiting their response, certainly expecting these units to last a lot longer than this one has, I’ve had my Bose equipment for about 13 years and still performing well. 

Hi,

i have the same problem with my gen 2. It won’t connect to the WiFi or even start its own WiFi when trying to connect. 

Number; 763439185

best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi there, same issue. Will not connect over WiFi. Diagnostics: 1642104857

As it’s the weekend, I suggest that you contact tech support via Twitter or Facebook.

Hi there, same issue. Will not connect over WiFi. Diagnostics: 1642104857

Userlevel 7
Badge +26
For anyone new to this topic, if you find yourself with a Play:5 gen2 or other Sonos speaker that can't connect to the network when wireless, but it works just fine wired in, there are a number of things to check, but there's a chance that there's something wrong with the wireless on the device. Run a diagnostic in the Sonos app with the speaker connected to the network using an Ethernet cable. This is under Settings > Advanced Settings.

With the diagnostic number handy, the best thing to do is to get in contact with our support team directly. They will help identify if there's a hardware issue or something network related that can be fixed, and will assist with the next steps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
@Infinben, I deleted your other post for sake of keeping things all in one place. There is a hardware issue with that Play:5 which will need replacing. For this sort of issue, the best thing to do is to contact our support team directly. However, I've passed along your details to an agent and he will be in touch soon via email.
Hello,

Thank you for your time. I have a SONOS Play:5 Gen 2 and a few days ago we suddenly had no control over the speaker from our phone apps or from the desktop PC. After a lot of trouble shooting and connection attempts after rebooting the router and even changing the password of our WiFi we are not able to connect to the WiFi. The speaker tries to create a temporary WiFi named SONOS but it never shows up on either phone and it says it will require Ethernet connection to be used. I believe the WiFi card has died. Please assist, thank you.

Diagnostic confirmation code: 1795378400
In order to contact them, here's a link:

contact Sonos Support
If you contact them directly they'll be able to figure out the issue. I got a replacement sent out super quickly!
I am also having the same issue with a Gen 2 P5. My diagnostic report number is 2146725330.

Thanks
Jon
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Seems I am having the same issue. Is the only way to resolve this by contacting support? Do I need to be beside my speaker when I do so? Diagnostic Report is 1179306788
You'll need to contact support directly: https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/contact/contact-options%23

Not sure if you need to be beside your speaker; I doubt it.
Seems I am having the same issue. Is the only way to resolve this by contacting support? Do I need to be beside my speaker when I do so? Diagnostic Report is 1179306788
Thanks for the reply, I have contacted via email as I’m in Cyprus, many thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, dazzywatts. I'd recommend that you get in touch with our support team via telephone. They will be able to help you further. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
I have the same issue as above, diagnostic report number 487302528, speaker purchased at Dixon’s Luton airport on way to Cyprus, please advise.
Same issue here and Sonos support also found a wireless card issue in the diagnostic report I sent. They are replacing the unit. With so many mentions of a similar issue here is seem like there might be premature failure on this component. Great to see Sonos standing behind the product and replacing them even out of warranty. 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, we have the play5 working hard wired now and have done another report no. 1711957125. Thanks!

Thanks, the Play:5 is showing up in the report now. I see that there is a hardware issue with the wireless card on your Play:5. Please reach out to our phone team who can take over from here. You can find our phone number and hours here.
Hi, we have the play5 working hard wired now and have done another report no. 1711957125. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi, I have connect the 5 via EN cable and submitted a report No.321541215. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!!!

Thanks for wiring in the speaker. It is still not showing up in the diagnostic report though. Please follow the steps in this guide to get the Play:5 reconnected to your system while still wired in. Once it shows up in the app, send in a new diagnostic report and reply here with the number, I'll take a look.
Hi, I have connect the 5 via EN cable and submitted a report No.321541215. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks!!!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Please help... I posted above but realised I logged in incorrectly.... my play 5 gen 2 will not connect wirelessly and the issues is the same s as this thread....

Diagnostic code. 1322784620.
Thanks Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I can't see any data from your Play:5 in the diagnostic report. Please reconnect it using an ethernet cable, then send in a new report and reply here with the number.
Please help... I posted above but realised I logged in incorrectly.... my play 5 gen 2 will not connect wirelessly and the issues is the same s as this thread....

Diagnostic code. 1322784620.
Thanks Jenny
Hi I have the same issue
Diagnostic code 1322784620
Connects via EN cable but not WiFi connection... worked fine until a few weeks ago...
Play 5 Gen 2
Hi there, nathan.windels. Seems like your Play 5 has the same hardware issue. As previously shared by Laurence5, the best recommendation is to get in contact with our support team. They are able to have a closer look and get this replaced. Thanks