Answered

EQ not functioning on new app

Userlevel 1
Badge

Under system settings the EQ control for a pair of SONOS ONE speakers doesn’t work. I can move the sliders but there is no effect on the sound. If I try adjust L/R balance nothing happens. Also if I set the volume limit to 90% when I leave system settings and then return it is back to ‘off’.

Any clues anyone?

The new app seems to be unfinished. Very poor UX and as a heavily invested SONOS user I’m really not impressed.

icon

Best answer by Rclemmow 16 May 2024, 22:38

View original

11 replies

I have the same problem with the updated app - EQ controls have no effect. Come on Sonos - don’t release an update, and urge me to install it, unless it works.

Same thing happens when trying to add myTuner radio stations to favourites. It says 'added to favourites', then I go to favourites and nothing has been added. Also, icon links to radio stations don't work and show a 'something went wrong' message. 

Yes,  something went wrong. The project manager for the new app rollout went completely wrong and should never be allowed to work in the business again. 

Same problem for me after updating the app! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update. I logged out. Deleted the app and its data. Reinstalled later in the day. It seems the EQ is now working after doing this.

Maybe a clean install of the app is a better option than the update. Worth trying??

thanks

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update. I logged out. Deleted the app and its data. Reinstalled later in the day. It seems the EQ is now working after doing this.

Maybe a clean install of the app is a better option than the update. Worth trying??

thanks

Worked like a charm, thank you good sir!

Unfortunately this did not work for me... 

Tried to delete and reinstall…didn’t work… 

How can you make a shitty new app and release it before it’s finished?? The old one was great!

Loved Sonos for a long time..now starting to look for alternatives in my new place, expensive items and an app that doesn’t work as it should. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unfortunately this did not work for me... 

Sorry 😔 

Same problem. Has never been working. Sonos does not care

Same issue with getting sub output to work on Amp,  tried power cycle, uninstalling and reinstalling app - nothing - what a mess.  Worked fine before app and associated firmware updates 

Same here. i have had sonos in 8 years. It’s never been working