Answered

Bluetooth connected but no sound - Era 100

• 1 December 2023
  • 28 replies

I just purchased my Era 100 to connect it to a Samsung Monitor. The speaker connected to my iPhone and iPad perfectly but not with the monitor.

The monitor does not have bluetooth so I bought a bluetooth transmitter and it works perfectly with my AirPods and Sony earphones but not with the speaker. The Sonos app indicates that it's connected to the BT transmitter but there is no sound. I also tried to connect the speaker with a 3.5 mm jack and nothing, no sound. do I need to buy a better BT transmitter? I bought a random one from Amazon or do I need the Sonos in-line adapter?

icon

Best answer by Corry P 1 December 2023, 11:18

View original

28 replies

This issue is definitely not solved as of April 28th 2024. My Era 100 worked fine until today when this problem occurred. Bluetooth connected, but there was no sound (unless i started playback from the Sonos app). I tried playback from several bluetooth sources, same problem. I spoke with Sonos support and the only way to resolve the problem was to do a factory reset on the Era 100. My Era 100 was up to date.

Too many times, the Era 100 will not connect to Bluetooth. It says connected via IPhone, but no sound. I called customer support, performed factory reset and still unresolved.  We will call customer support again - very frustrating.

I would just like to say this issue should have been resolved by now. Just about every other company on earth can manage to have functional bluetooth in their products. I am very dissapointed Sonos, your customers expect better.