Answered

Sonos Move disappearing on Airplay

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

53 replies

Using latest iOS and Move is plugged in.

I’m not going to start messing with my router or Wi-Fi given I have not changed any of these settings in recent memory.

Resetted my iPhone network settings and still the same.  Wasn’t expecting this to work as this is happening to my iPad too.

I guess I will have to stick to using the Sonos app in the meantime until this gets sorted.  I did update iOS a few days ago and maybe this is the root of the issue…?

I’m currently using an iPad and iPhone running on iOS 15.4.1 and not seeing the issue with my two Moves - maybe ensure you have ‘Private Address’ (MAC spoofing) switched off too in your iOS device WiFi network properties, as that can sometimes be an issue.

Using latest iOS and Move is plugged in.

I’m not going to start messing with my router or Wi-Fi given I have not changed any of these settings in recent memory.

Resetted my iPhone network settings and still the same.  Wasn’t expecting this to work as this is happening to my iPad too.

I guess I will have to stick to using the Sonos app in the meantime until this gets sorted.  I did update iOS a few days ago and maybe this is the root of the issue…?

My thoughts are you could perhaps look at the below suggestions…

If not attempted already, try the ‘Sonos Moves’ on the far-reaching/more-penetrable routers 2.4Ghz WiFi band and ensure that band is on the least-used ‘fixed’ non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11.

Also set the channel-width in the router settings to use 20MHz only and see if that improves your Moves Airplay connectivity.

Separate to those suggestions, just ensure too that your SonosNet channel (if you are using any ‘wired’ non-portable Sonos products) is set in the Sonos App to a completely different channel to your chosen 2.4Ghz WiFi channel.

Also on the Apple forums are these list of suggestions which are also mentioned to get Airplay issues resolved…

• Plug all devices into a wall outlet instead of using battery power
  • Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again
  • Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it on, on the sending device (phone/tablet etc.)
  • Turn off Cellular Data
  • Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (like speakers) on the sending device
  • Connect the sending/receiving device and ensure both are on the same WiFi network access point
  • Reset your network settings on your iDevice in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Update iOS, and speaker firmware/software
  • Move your devices away from other electronics
  • Renew your devices DHCP lease via the router configuration pages, consider reserving the devices IP addresses and/or reboot the router
  • Switch off any security software and VPN software installed on the sending device

Anyhow, I hope those things assist to resolve your issue.