Answered

Roam keeps turning itself on.

• 21 April 2021
  • 79 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

79 replies

I’m struggling how to turn it off . If I press once it goes to sleep mode if I press snd hold a few seconds it goes in to blue light mode. 

Keep the power button pressed until you hear the ‘descending’ power-off tone about 5+ seconds

Is there a sweet spot as if I hold it, briefly it goes in sleep mode , too long it shows the blue light 

I think the more you use the Roam buttons, the more they become second nature… here is a video review of the Roam, which if I recall correctly, explains the button presses and features:

https://youtu.be/29w2rGVs5X4

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Unfortunately the same, I really would like to avoid returning and love everything else about it. However, if a portable speaker can’t be fully charged and ready to go when you need it, it is pointless. Please add a setting to toggle the auto-on feature and I’ll end up using this thing everywhere. 

I’m glad to hear that you enjoy your new Roam! There already is a setting for this - it’s called Off.

Corry, I think you are missing the point.  The point is, in sleep mode (which is a valid mode to use), the Roam wakes up when you engage the Sonos App, even if you don’t wish to use the Roam at that time.  And many people want the Roam in this state (sleep mode), so it can be activated as needed for use in the house -- just not EVERY time you use the app.  If you have many other Sonos speakers and engage the app throughout the day, this causes unnecessary drain on the Roam (while in sleep mode).

Yes, you can totally power it off (and I think some people are having trouble doing that for some reason - the design of the power button likely the culprit here, as its hard to tell when its engaged), but that is not the answer for excessive waking while in sleep mode.  There should be a software fix for this, so use of the app doesn’t ALWAYS wake the Roam (unless you want it to do so).  Please discuss this fix with the engineers.    Thanks!  

I would really like to see Sonos fix this my making it simply turn off when you use the power button to turn it off.  WAY too complicated to figure out how to make the thing turn off and say off so it doesn’t drain the battery.

PLEASE SONOS DO A FIRMWARE UPDATE TO MAKE THE ROAM TURN OFF WHEN IT IS TURNED OFF!!!!!

I received the Roam yesterday. Charged it at 100%, played a few songs and put it in sleep mode.

This morning I noticed it was turned on with 6% remaining…

Can you explain this?

Thanks

This was my experience. Charged to 100%, put to sleep on a wireless charger, 8-9 hours later noticed orange and white lights blinking. Open the Sonos app and the Roam is showing charging off and on and 39% charge. I’ve switched to plugging it directly in to usb, so far so good today. 

This! I’ve switched back to a wire for the same reason - orange & white flashing lights after being left on a qi charging pad. Felt like a fault state so didn’t want to keep doing it.