Answered

Sonos Beam 2 lost connection with Samsung TV, which is connecting thru eARC

• 14 November 2023
  • 55 replies

Show first post

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I still have time to return the sound bar to Costco. Seeing that Sonos won’t fix it any time sooner, I better return it.

@Sotiris C. do you have an ETA? I see that this issue has been around for the past few months now.

As stated you can temporarily switch to optical until Samsung fix their CEC behavior.

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

I have the same issue with Samsung 55S93C and Beam2/sub mini/ symphonisklamps as rear.

Has there been any progress on this? Wish I had bought the Samsung speaker now….

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Quick update, I've moved my Firestick to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2 but still using the Lindy CEC free HDMI adapter connected to it and since then I've not had to do a power cycle. Over a week now. Will keep monitoring though. 

Still think Sonos could add a reboot to the app.

I have a TCL and the same problem. This only started when we had the last update..

The TV worked fine with Beam 2, until the last 3 months…. So something changed… have Samsung put an update out recently then? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Quick update, I've moved my Firestick to HDMI 1 from HDMI 2 but still using the Lindy CEC free HDMI adapter connected to it and since then I've not had to do a power cycle. Over a week now. Will keep monitoring though. 

Still think Sonos could add a reboot to the app.

Sonos updated to 16.0 yesterday switched on this morning and no Sonos sound so I had to do a full power cycle to get it back.

Still not fixed. Shame on Samsung and Sonos.

I’ve reported the same issue, this is the case number. Not fixed after call, still just randomly looses the connection to the eARC, makes the cost of my upgrade to the Beam 2 rather pointless as now using optical cable.. I’ve also spoken to Samsung waiting for a response but not convinced it’s anything at their end as it worked fine when I first purchased it and I’ve not had any TV updates… please update me also once you have any feedback. 

Moderator edit: removed case number (identifying information)

Badge +1

Same issue here.  Reset the TV to factory defaults, tried resetting the Sonos as well.  Now I have 2 Beams that I can’t register through the app and aren’t recognized by the TVs they are attached to (recent generation Samsung QLEDs)

Any news @Sonos?

Any heard any update on this thread or known solution?

If I told my customers I’ll get working on something and then go radio silence I’d expect to get a few complaints…

Hi guys,

I’ve done some digging and apparently it’s an issue with the Samsung Q series TV’s not the Sonos Beam. Looks like my only option is to sell the Beam & get a Samsung sound bar. 

Can you let us know where you found this info?  I suffer from the same issue and want to push samsung and Sonos to resolve it.  TV worked fine with Sonos Playbar for years, now it doesn’t like the beam I switched to.

Having exact same issue.

TV model: QN55S95BAFXZA

Sonos Version: 16.2

Sonos OS: S2

Build: 77449290

Any updates on this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Still not fixed. Shame on Samsung and Sonos.

Not helpful at all to give support. But maybe just wanted to rail against Sonos and Samsung.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hello everyone,

While we at Sonos and the Samsung team are working hard for a fix on this issue, there were reports from customers that an update on their Samsung TV resolved it.

Those reports mention that the update on the TV didn’t happen automatically, customers had to manually go to the Samsung website and download the newer version.

I would suggest for our users who experience this problem to please, manually update your Samsung TV and see if this resolves it.

You should be able to find out how to update your TV to the latest firmware via the official Samsung website here.

Feel free to come back on this thread and reply with the results.

We appreciate your patience as we are working together with Samsung to resolve the Sonos Beam (Gen2) disconnection with Samsung TV’s.

Do you have any idea when the latest update will become available through the TV update rather than downloading to a usb flash drive. If there is an update surely it  should be made available the normal way through the TV automatically 

How is this still not fixed?

My Samsung s90c to beam 2 has been stable for 3 days since the upgrade to v16.0 using EArc

Anyone else?

Any update on this?  This has been going on for a few months now.  I still have to power off/on my Beam almost every time I turn on my TV to get it working.

Any news @sonos??

I still have time to return the sound bar to Costco. Seeing that Sonos won’t fix it any time sooner, I better return it.

@Sotiris C. do you have an ETA? I see that this issue has been around for the past few months now.

Badge

Latest update from Samsung 1622 doesn't resolve the issue, it's just as bad as it ever was. 

Tried this out overnight! Still same problem which is irritating to the extreme! Does anybody from Sonos have anything constructive to add to this conversation? Or they (Sonos) quite happy to market a product which is defective and does not perform to the specifications!

Badge

Well 16.1.1 is out, rebooted TV (holding power button down until TV logo appears) and back on TV speaker so that looks like yet another month without a fix.......will see if it goes overnight again when in standby....doesn't look hopeful though.

No changelog for 16.1.1 currently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

It is never a bad idea to put your systems into manual update mode and let all the auto-update folks discover the problems. Waiting for them to be fixed and then doing the update can be a lot less frustrating. It is a lot more work though as you have to track the problem reports and fix status.

I’m too lazy for that these days, I’ll auto-update and live with any bugs that bite.