Skip to main content
Answered

Error 1000

Hi, I wanted to add the last element to my Sonos set (SUB + 2x Era 300), - Arc. I get to the point of updating the software and I get "Error: 1000". And so on. I've already tried factory reset and moving closer to the router. It's always the same. Maybe you have some ideas or similar experiences?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

38 replies

I solved the problem with error 1000, downloaded it on windows, and through the application it was updated to the latest version, then it already appeared in ios.

Had this ongoing problem with the soundbar error 1000. Eventually solved by using Sonos app on my iPad. Seems the problem lies with the latest Android app.

Followed the advice given by  Mattyv123 above and it worked somehow. Thank you.

The setup of this system is absurdly bad and overly complicated.

Currently stuck with Error 1000 for the update on the Sub Mini. Will be giving it a bit more of a go before I give up, pack it all up and give it back to the dealer (recommending the remove the product from sale). 

[Struggling to understand why a wireless sub needs to connected to my network in the first place...]

It’s awful. I just switched WiFi companies and have yet to be able to bring my speakers back up on the app. Terrible! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The setup of this system is absurdly bad and overly complicated.

Currently stuck with Error 1000 for the update on the Sub Mini. Will be giving it a bit more of a go before I give up, pack it all up and give it back to the dealer (recommending the remove the product from sale). 

[Struggling to understand why a wireless sub needs to connected to my network in the first place...]

Try updating the app to today’s version. Then run a system update in the settings.

failing that, try the desktop app for Windows or Mac which often sorts speaker update issues since the new phone app…

I have been having trouble since I moved and changed the wifi. i tried everything: turning everything off and back on, reseting speakers, reseting wifi, redownloading the mobile app,and also tried the windows app. Nothing worked for several days (like 2 weeks). And suddenly I tried to update the system via the windows app and it worked today. Very weird situation as it seems it's not working for everyone. 

Thanks for the tip of using windows, that sorted it for me. Tried android, rebooting, network cable without luck.

I have 2 sub mini's one for my arc and one for my amp, I'm not able to update the software of the new amp mini sub I'm trying to add. Error 1000 message. 

I have the same problem! Thousands of Dillard’s in speakers that I can use until I sit on hold with Sonos for an hour. This is terrible!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have the same problem! Thousands of Dillard’s in speakers that I can use until I sit on hold with Sonos for an hour. This is terrible!!!

So...what happened when you tried the solution presented on this thread, of using the desktop Sonos app for Windows or Mac to update the system?

I did log into windows Sonos and was able to pull up my account. Not sure why, but the system is split on windows. One system for the sound bars and one system for the smaller speakers. I will go back in and try again today but I have no idea why the system is split into two different systems when it’s never been like that on my mobile app. 

Ok, I had the same problems with play:1 and a playbar. I reset and set up a new speaker then repeatedly would get the 1000 error. What finally worked for me for the Play:1 is connecting directly with Ethernet to finish set up and then unplugging the Ethernet I could move it anywhere. Now I have to move my playbar to where I can connect it to finish the set up for that speaker, frustrating but finally worked 

I solved it by using the Sonos app and updating the network settings directly on the connected devices. This process asked me to input my WiFi password which was not previously asked for when originally setting up my Port.  After I updated the network settings a new update was pulled.  In my case it was a Port causing me error 1000.  I had to restart the app after the wifi set up, then a second duplicated room was created as Room (2).  Not very intuitive but its working for now and Im streaming music from a Pioneer turntable through the rest of my Sonos system.