Answered

Playbar crackling sound

• 19 January 2016
  • 36 replies

I have a 5.1 setup (playbar, sub, 2 play:1s). Recently, the playbar has a crackling and static like sound coming out of it when I watching cable tv (cox). I have an optical cable running from the playbar directly to the TV. Please help.
icon

Best answer by Daniel H 27 January 2016, 15:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

36 replies

Having the exact same issue with an LG OLED E7P TV. Everything was working just fine and suddenly we get a "pulsing" static only signal from the TV source. Apple TV and Bluray work fine. I'd love to work with support but apparently it's considered appropriate at Sonos to completely shut down support for an entire day!
Badge
I had the same issue with playbar/sub/surround setup and finally fixed it after 6 months.

Sound was flawless for a few years and then about 6 months ago i started getting static from TV source only, and oddly only on certain channels. I went back and forth with tech support, running diagnostics, swapping out optical cable, connecting to cable box rather than tv, adjusting every audio setting on TV and cable box, and nothing really worked. I was about to give up and a tech suggested doing a factory reset of the playbar (instructions are on this site somewhere). It solved the problem instantly and the sound is back to being perfectly clear.

Tech support was very responsive and helpful, i just with they'd suggested this first - it seems to be a not uncommon issue. Give it a try!
Badge
Having the exact same issue with an LG OLED E7P TV. Everything was working just fine and suddenly we get a "pulsing" static only signal from the TV source. Apple TV and Bluray work fine. I'd love to work with support but apparently it's considered appropriate at Sonos to completely shut down support for an entire day!

Same for me! Could be the Cable Box (Contour COX)? Or HDMI cable from Cable Box to TV? The crackling sound never occurs on Sonos music or Apple TV / Blueray but just on TV!
Userlevel 1
I'm also experiencing this problem. My LG B7 TV with a Comcast box connected via HDMI has the SONOS Playbar connected directly via optical. The crackling comes and goes, but only seems to happen on the Comcast input. The AppleTV and BD player both seem fine.

I submitted a diagnostic report within 5 minutes of it happening. Diagnostic #1313994970.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Any News on this issue? Have the same with lg OLED c8
Badge
Yes! 😞
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
So is it Solved. And if yes how?
Also having same problem--just got Playbar tonight, using it with my LG OLED B8, and it's crackling, esp when there is dialogue with little background music. I submitted a diagnostic. We shall see. Sorry to see this has obviously been a long-standing issue!
If you've submitted a diagnostic, you should either contact Sonos to discuss it, or post the number here. Without context associated with the number, they likely won't look at it.
Hi I'm having a similar issue. My playbar is connected to a Samsung TV and produces a hissing or crackling noise whenever people are talking. I'm connected to the tv through an optical cable. My diagnostic # is 1561179583
Userlevel 1
Badge +1
Im having this same issue for a long time but is intermittent. Audio is through xbox one. I too find that it is mainly when there is talking and little to no background music. My diagnostic # is 2077321760