Low Volume- Sonos Arc

Show first post

88 replies

Exactly the same issue here, just happened about a week or so ago, I need my volume turned up to around 70 for it to be quiet but audible, given up trying to resolve the issue and just turned the speaker off altogether, back to TV speakers now.

This thing is just to glitchy, with Google assistant randomly poping up for no reason, and always having to do restarts for volume dropping out completely,  I have another post on here regarding the poor Bass, fed up now, overall I've been quite disappointed with my Sonos ARC, time to see if I can return it for a refund.

We had the same issue and just resolved it. On the mobile app, we had set the volume limit to 85% bc my daughter turned the volume up so loud one day.  As soon as we changed that to 100% (basically turned off the limit) all went back to normal. Problem solved for us!  Give it a try?

I'm getting the same on mine too. Right now I'm listening at almost 90% with my YouTube Music account and it's not that high... My old Samsung sound bar sounds much higher than this.. If they don't get this fixed somehow I think I'll return it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes I would like to know too!!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

It hasn’t been any updates about the low volume on arc 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Mine too volume you have to put high up yo 60 sometimes, I thought it was the only one

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

All of a sudden, the volume has become low on my sonos. Normally, I listen at around 20-25 but now to hear the same level, I have to increase up to 40-45. Started noticing this after the software update. Happens both with Samsung Q8FN native apps and Apple TV4K

Me too I thought it was only me, volume I have to put very high too

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Does anyone else have this problem with the Arc? The volume sounds so low even though I have disabled the night mode and turned on loudness. I have to push the speaker level up to 30 to hear anything 

I don’t think it’s just Arc-related: I’ve noticed it on my Playbase, One’s and Play:5. As I say, I suspect it’s to resolve the “minimum volume is too loud at night” concerns that some owners have expressed.

Dear Sonos:    Can you confirm whether this is the case, please?

Userlevel 2

Does anyone else have this problem with the Arc? The volume sounds so low even though I have disabled the night mode and turned on loudness. I have to push the speaker level up to 30 to hear anything 

Badge

In a way I'm glad it's not just me experiencing this. I thought I was going mad. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

I have found this issue also, I find myself constantly increasing the volume for low, or mid volume. But all of sudden the Highs are too loud!

Badge

I have noticed this also. Previously had a beam which I would rarely need the volume to be above 30 percent. Now with the arc, I need it to at least 50 percent. I have an LG Oled c9. I wasn't sure if it was the arc that was faulty or just had less volume then the beam but double the price of the beam this can not be the case. Hopefully this will be fixed soon with an update.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

I’m assuming - but maybe someone from Sonos will confirm - this is so that the complaints that “the minimum volume was too low” can be marked as “resolved”.