15.8 update is a nightmare

• 21 September 2023
  • 147 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

147 replies

Same issue here, Samsung S95B, Beam is not detected by TV, even though it outputs sound together with TV at that time. Volume can be change using app only when that happens.

There is extra device connected to TV by CEC-less adapter, bought because of this issue, but it didn't help.

Also issue happens even when only Beam was connected. The only way to recover is to power-cycle Beam and If you have to do it multiple times per day its annoying and it's only temporary work around.

It has been working rather fine for past few months, after last update it broke. Sonos please fix this.

I've had the same problem for about a month. nothing really helped. I accidentally noticed that if you check for software updates manually (via the Samsung TV), the connection is then established automatically. although of course no update is installed as it is up to date with 1602.2. Sonos with 15.10 too. I will also test the interim solution with the Sonos app. Both but not a permanent condition!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

So I just got a samsung s95c and sonos beam gen 2 - should i avoid any firmware update on both devices? Is that even possible? Not sure if its going to force updates

i don't think that you have a issue with the S95C all the issues is with the samsung 2022 line not the new C line.

Oh, really? Fingers crossed, i’ll report back once I finish the setup

did the s95c work well with the beam gen 2 ?

I have the same problem. Sonos Beam 2 and a samsung tv. Keeps disconnecting over the last 2/3 days. I’d guess something introduced with the firmware update

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I have the same problem. Sonos Beam 2 and a samsung tv. Keeps disconnecting over the last 2/3 days. I’d guess something introduced with the firmware update

thank you very much for your update i was sure it was the 15.8 update.

do you notice a change in sound as well?

do you have a rear speakers?

Hi @orenhazan et al

My information is that this issue (or one very like it) was resolved on the 24th of October - as most of you have posted after this date, I recommend that you all check for updates on your TVs and Sonos app. If everything is up to date and you still have this issue, I’d encourage you to get in touch with our technical support team to report as much.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry P, but this has definitely not fixed my issues. All software versions ( tv + sonos ) are up-to-date..

So, what did the technical support team say, when you called in?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I've had the same problem for about a month. nothing really helped. I accidentally noticed that if you check for software updates manually (via the Samsung TV), the connection is then established automatically. although of course no update is installed as it is up to date with 1602.2. Sonos with 15.10 too. I will also test the interim solution with the Sonos app. Both but not a permanent condition!

i also noticed that if i wait a 5 minutes after i turned on the tv the beam make a restart by itself and after that there is a 5 seconds with no sound from the tv. and after that the beam connect by eARC to the tv. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @orenhazan et al

My information is that this issue (or one very like it) was resolved on the 24th of October - as most of you have posted after this date, I recommend that you all check for updates on your TVs and Sonos app. If everything is up to date and you still have this issue, I’d encourage you to get in touch with our technical support team to report as much.

I hope this helps.

i don’t know what you talking about the issue is not solved in 15.9 frimware is the same like before.

sonos didn’t fix the issue until now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What TV? Which settings?

Badge

Nope, definitely not fixed. Problem still persists......

What TV? Which settings?

Same issue here, Samsung S95B, Beam is not detected by TV, even though it outputs sound together with TV at that time. Volume can be change using app only when that happens.

There is extra device connected to TV by CEC-less adapter, bought because of this issue, but it didn't help.

Also issue happens even when only Beam was connected. The only way to recover is to power-cycle Beam and If you have to do it multiple times per day its annoying and it's only temporary work around.

It has been working rather fine for past few months, after last update it broke. Sonos please fix this.

Tried any possible settings, e-Arc, Arc, cec, cec+, Auto, non-auto (PCM), passthrough.

Both App and HDMI source affected. If it's not connected, then its not connected, only power cycle of Beam helps. TV power-cycle don't resolve issue, so has to be Beam firmware related. Can provide diagnostic code.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

another problem that i see only now after the update to 15.8. the Samsung TV pass through greyed out and only auto and pcm can selected.

before the update i can select pass through.

i hope that sonos working on update.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

15.9 frimware didn’t fix the 15.8 beam 2 connect issue. let’s hope that in the next update version it will happen.

my beam gen2 have exact same problem pairing with my new s90c since day 1 (1.5 week ago).
It was flawless with my previous tv LG CX.

Update to version 15.9 did not help. 

i have samsung tv that connected to beam 2 by HDMI to Earc until yesterday every thing work fine.

after the update to 15.8 the beam refuses to connect to the tv. i talk with the support and we tried everything. the only way to get the beam to connect is unplug the power cable and plug it back every time i turn my tv this is the only way. since yesterday that what i do every time i turn my tv.

its a nightmare sonos have to fix this issue.

Interesting, TV option stopped for me today, I think with the 15.8.1 release? It was fine before that.

Interesting, TV option stopped for me today, I think with the 15.8.1 release? It was fine before that.

Just curious but what hardware are you using, TV make/model etc? Have you also lost the audio pass-through option, or not? Have you spoken to Sonos Support about the issue?

Unfortunately, nothing was fixed for me 😬

Badge

Got a Samsung QN90B and a Beam Gen 2 also on 15.9 (was 15.8) and been having this exact same issue for a month, driving me nuts, only temporary feasible solution is using optical adaptor.....do they not test these things!!!

15.9 frimware didn’t fix the 15.8 beam 2 connect issue. let’s hope that in the next update version it will happen.

I installed update almost a week ago and it seems issue is close to resolved in my current TV setup with CEC-Less adapter on a 2nd device.

Only 3 out of approx. 50 times of TV power ups - Beam was not connected, definitely they improved Beam connection. Plus I think it seems they added some kind of watchdog reset with firmware 15.9 as after 1 minute or 2 minutes TV picked up Beam (kind of soft power cycle) when it was initially not connected.

I will remove CEC-Less adapter from my 2nd device connected to S95B TV from today on and I will see if it still works as supposed to on 15.9. I will post my results after few days.

Also I set firmware updates to manual, as in case new firmware breaks something, you can hold off with updating until it is safe to do so. It's bad to pay 2 or 3k for the speakers and struggle to use them and go thru all that hassle. Hopefully things are getting better.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I also have exactly the same issue. Everything worked for 10 months now, after the update I need to unplug everything from power for the beam to work. And no, why I need to disable CEC on Nvidia shield while it was fine until now? My tv is Samsung qn90b. There is any official answer on this?

until now i tried everything nothing helpful i spoke with sonos and with samsung with no help its definitely the 15.8 frimwhere update.

i hope that sonos Acknowledge the problem and  issue a software update.

i hear more and more costumer that report the same problem.

i think that issue is only in samsung tv.