Google Assistant no longer playing the radio since S2 update

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

111 replies

Have same problem, I’m on S1 still. 

Should have clarified, I'm on the updated S1 because I have some legacy kit and don't want to split the system. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Have same problem, I’m on S1 still. 

The radio plays when you do it manually from the app so it must be a Google BBC issue that it isn't working. 

You're right, mixed up my logic 🙃

Userlevel 1

I'm having same problem, although affects all stations I have tried (BBC, smooth, xfm etc).

Manually selecting station from Sonos app seems to work. Problem only occurs when asking Google assistant to play the station.

The radio plays when you do it manually from the app so it must be a Google BBC issue that it isn't working. 

Could be. The BBC website is saying you need Apple Airplay to play BBC Sounds on Sonos. They are "looking into " how to make it available through Android. Is this part of the ongoing legal dispute between Sonos and Google? A new action was taken to court in the USA a few days ago. 

Is it because BBC removed all their stations from TuneIn to push people to BBC sounds? They kept the Sonos TuneIn working, wonder if the new update has changed the way it works so BBC need to update their side to allow it? 

Same here. It’s just a BBC radio station problem. Plays other stations, and Spotify. 

Userlevel 1

Same for me with BBC Radio 6 Music, except yesterday it worked eventually, but today it absolutely refuses to work at all.

Badge

Same problem for me, although I think it has worked at least once since the S2 update so it might be coincidence.

Same here, really annoying, any luck finding a resolution?