Answered

Google assistant music play back issues

• 1 September 2019
  • 67 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

67 replies

Badge
I'm happy Sonos is seemingly investigating this with Google but given that this issue seems to be rare I'm not confident it will be given much of a priority at Google.

I tried flying this up the flagpole with Google and they told me there is no support for Google Assistant only Google Home devices.
Same problem for me too with Spotify here in Sweden... 😕
This sucks.... part of the reason I got Sonos One is so I could use voice commands instead of the App. Now I have to wait again.... I can't even change emails because my gmail account is the one paying for my Google Music.
Badge
Exactly, the account you want to use for assistant is always going to be the one also paying for Google Music. Really sucks.
Bought a Sonos One after some hemming & hawing - bluetooth speakers just seem a lot simpler, but I figured sound quality and ability to link speakers across the house independently of phone would be worth it. Using the Sonos app seemed annoying, but not such a big deal if I could control most actions via Google Assistant...

Of course, I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else here, immediately out of the box. The troubleshooting steps didn't help me either. Pretty frustrating, after an hour of trying to fix it, likely going to return it tomorrow.

I’m also experiencing this issue. Can work around it by removing all connections between google home and Sonos, and then re-configuring it. It will then work for about a day, before entering broken state again.

Any permanent solution to this problem?? 

Thanks! 🙌🏽🤔

I am experiencing the same issue. Super frustrating. Has anyone fixed this yet?
Userlevel 1
I am having the exact same problem for two(ish) weeks now, since the first Google Assistant outage some time ago...

I went through everything with $support_person, and the problem is, that they can't even see me calling for music playback in any logs they might have. There's definitely a bigger problem here somewhere, and I really hope for a fix, like, soon! 😮
It's been a month. I assume it'll never get fixed.
Badge +1

I am in the same boat. Google Assistant works flawlessly with my new Sonos Beam with the exception of Google Play Music playback. I have tried what others have suggested, starting again from scratch with an all account removal and unlinking of services but without success.

What a frustration. I am tempted to switch to Amazon Alexa and give it a try but I have been a Google Play Music user since it launched in beta. I am reluctant to make the change.

Suddenly started working for me as well today.

Ok so I just got off the phone with Gavin from Sonos and all I needed to do was make sure I add 'on Google play music' when I voice command content to play. Strangely if I used an alternative Google account I didn't need to add that on. Didn't have any issues with the speaker not being available this evening whilst on the phone but it would seem that it's an intermittent network issue.
Add me to the list of affected customers, bought two sonos one gen2s three days ago contacted google yesterday they said to talk to sonos come here and see this... and of course I threw the boxes away so returning them will probably be a pain.
I just purchased new SONOS move , and I am experiencing the same issue with Google Assistant.
It works fine with Google home, but can not connect to Sonos move to play music, only volume controle and informative questions are being handled.
I tried also Amaxon Alexa - same results.
It is really frustrating.
Please advice if any solution is available.
Badge
That doesn't solve it for me unfortunately.
Userlevel 1
Ok so I just got off the phone with Gavin from Sonos and all I needed to do was make sure I add 'on Google play music' when I voice command content to play. Strangely if I used an alternative Google account I didn't need to add that on. Didn't have any issues with the speaker not being available this evening whilst on the phone but it would seem that it's an intermittent network issue.

Doesn't solve for me unfortunately. Even when I specify 'on YouTube music' I get the same error..

I was also experiencing this same issue and through a lot of trial and error discovered the fix. 

This issue is caused by Google Home assigning your Sonos items to individual rooms within the Home app and as such if any of these items ever get re-added it creates an internal assignment error. In order to correct this problem do the following: 

- Open the Sonos app > go to Settings and select Services > click on Google Assistant > select the Sonos device that isn't working > click on remove the Google Assistant. 

- Download the Google Home app from the app store > follow the instructions to add your Sonos speaker to your home group > once added assign a room name and location > after the Sonos speaker is added close the app. 

- Open the Sonos app again > add Google Assistant under the speaker with the issue and link your Sonos account to Google again. 

This fix worked for me after about two hours of frustration. I hope it helps.