Sonos app crashing and showing rooms not connected but are.

• 13 December 2022
  • 86 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

86 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

R C is spot on and makes a perfect point. Sonos do not make it easy at all as my experience was not great with their support. This is an expensive premium product within this type of speaker market. It should work out of the box always without having to trawl through the internet looking for support because you feel like Sonos is not listening. I get that customer networks can cause problems but when people call out issues that happen after an update they need to listen more after all my cheap old Kmart speaker hasn’t missed a beat, it’s not in the same class as Sonos I understand this but it’s about the customer perception and experience that Sonos is clearly lacking in understanding. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Things happening “right after a Sonos update” could still be network related though: updates cause all Sonos device to reboot at roughly the same moment. Some routers do not handle this well.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@106rallye  not likely when it was working fine before and since complaining on here its working normally again without me making any changes at all to my network. Coincidence maybe or maybe not. Sometimes it’s not the customers fault. 

Might be worth looking up duplicate IP addresses and IP lease renewals as a possible cause. Just because you made no changes to your network doesn’t mean that the system (your router, or other forces) didn’t. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Airgetlam thanks for your advice. Thank you

@Airgetlam tried all that also have static IP setup. If we are getting to this level of troubleshooting this product is not fit for the average consumer and Sonos need to rethink their whole strategy. The speakers sound great but if it is so complicated to use then the whole thing is setup for a really bad user experience. I am not the only one that is disappointed with Sonos just go browse the web to see more people with issues. I find it strange how one sided you are that Sonos could not be at fault here. The point I am trying to make here is that this product should not be so complicated to use and I think you are deviating away from that everytime people come up with another complex IP fix. And yes this is complicated for the average person. Thank you 

Something "not fit for the average consumer" would not be close to entering its 3rd decade of sales.  Your experience is decidedly atypical.  In the vast majority of cases, Sonos just works.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks for your advice @Airgetlam greatly appreciated.

I still encourage others to share their experiences here. Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@106rallye  not likely when it was working fine before and since complaining on here its working normally again without me making any changes at all to my network. Coincidence maybe or maybe not. Sometimes it’s not the customers fault. 

I was not saying connection problems are the customers fault, I was saying the fact that something goes wrong after an update, especially when it is a connection problem, could also be their network. The fact that the problem seems to have corrected itself to me only points to this being the cause even more. Or do you suppose Sonos secretly corrected your system because you posted here?

Userlevel 3
Badge

I was not saying connection problems are the customers fault, I was saying the fact that something goes wrong after an update, especially when it is a connection problem, could also be their network. The fact that the problem seems to have corrected itself to me only points to this being the cause even more. Or do you suppose Sonos secretly corrected your system because you posted here?

All I know is that I did nothing and its all working, so I continue to ask people to share their experiences on here. Thanks

im having the same issue…..all works well except the sonos app says discounted.. 

*disconnected*