Skip to main content
Answered

system disappearing after app 80.04 update

After updating my system with the latest app (80.04) my system has vanished, including arc and surrounds, every room that had a speaker isn’t showing up. Even when I try and add an existing speaker I get an error. 

after using the previous app for years it has been very stable and these issues popped up right after update, not sure if anyone else is seeing these issues. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

81 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

@Igro: So what does this mean? I have a a number of the listed speakers. Are you telling me I can no longer connect them at all?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Igro: So what does this mean? I have a a number of the listed speakers. Are you telling me I can no longer connect them at all?

You can, but only when, at least, one of the speakers is wired to the router. Other than that - no. These older speakers won't see a list of available WiFi networks anymore (even when speakers are wired). From the link in the previous post, seems like it was their informed decision.

I had the exact same problem. Support told me to reset my system and create a new one. It’s really annoying as I have all my devices setup on my smart home software as well. And also just setup a new home not long ago so I now have to go through this long process with 5 x speakers around the house all over again. This new app has been a real terrible release. I hate to say it but someone will probably get fired over it

The new Sonos app is becoming so frustrating to use. Since 80.05.04 I have lost all my system settings as of today 26th July.

My playlists have disappeared. My library has gone so I can no longer access any of my music (I don’t stream) My 2 stored Radio stations have disappeared and the app cannot see 5 of my speakers.

SONOS LET US USE version 16.1 until you properly fix this pile of crap you’ve released. Why do I have to wait to Oct to be able to use playlists again!!!! Give the customers what they are asking for which is access to the old app. Keep them happy while you fix your issues.

Yours Mr Angry

Same here.  All devices disappeared.  At least Move 2 Bluetooth still works, but damn!

Smells a lot like outsourced development to me, or stupidly unreasonable deadlines imposed on Devs.

They should bite the bullet and let us roll back to last working version of S2 before this re-envisioned mess.

I was thinking EXACTLY the same this week:

- rushing the release to coincide with a product launch and not allowing enough time

• outsourced development doing what it does - being shoddy and missing deadlines

I’m just waiting to lose access to my system again, but the latest update or two have shown improvements I’ve noticed so I’m hopeful