Answered

Spotify skips to next song or stops playing, other sources work just fine meanwhile

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

269 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @hdurdle, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

We’re aware of an increase in “lost connection" errors with Spotify recently, and our engineers are investigating.

As a workaround, you can play directly from the Spotify app using Spotify Connect - rebooting all speakers in the system may help if you’re unable to start playback at all, however if songs are being interrupted then playing from the Spotify app may be your best option until the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps :)

For me, Spotify Connect wasn’t working either yesterday.  The app itself worked, but it was unable to connect to my speakers.

What seems to have fixed are the updates I got (both for the Sonos controller app on my Mac and my Sonos speakers themselves, now all at 13.1.1).  After a full day of using another music service, Spotify is now playing on my speakers this morning.

Same issue. This is new after over 7years of Sonos use. Diagnostic 529465400

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @hdurdle, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

We’re aware of an increase in “lost connection" errors with Spotify recently, and our engineers are investigating.

As a workaround, you can play directly from the Spotify app using Spotify Connect - rebooting all speakers in the system may help if you’re unable to start playback at all, however if songs are being interrupted then playing from the Spotify app may be your best option until the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps :)

This just happened twice in a row playing from Spotify on a single device. Diagnostics: 904214118

Diagnostics captured immediately after the second occurence.

For all the talk of “not engaging with the diagnostic process” in the pinned post, I’ve not heard anything since posting two lots of previous diagnostics.

Hello - my Spotify keeps skipping and cutting out. It will skip a couple songs and cuts out 30-45 seconds before finally playing another song. Pandora works fine. Diagnostic should show the issue running Spotify and a lack of issues when I switch to Pandora. Please help, I really prefer Spotify but this is killing me.

diagnostic:  613749862

thanks….jeff

Jeff, try to play Spotify songs in the native app and push the music via SpotifyConnect to the Sonos speakers. See if it stutters at all. 

You can then even control it using the Sonos controller, but it’s awkward and requires having two apps open.

Hello - my Spotify keeps skipping and cutting out. It will skip a couple songs and cuts out 30-45 seconds before finally playing another song. Pandora works fine. Diagnostic should show the issue running Spotify and a lack of issues when I switch to Pandora. Please help, I really prefer Spotify but this is killing me.

diagnostic:  613749862

thanks….jeff

I have the same issue. I recently bought 5x Sonos symfonisk IKEA, and I already have a Sonos Beam. Right now the system is unusable after investing a lot of money.

Please resolve ASAP. Diagnostics submission is 790321369.

thanks

Dan

Just happened again, so these diagnostics are captured a few seconds after the skip: 2041535818

I’m seeing this issue only with Spotify too.  All my Sonos kit is hardwired.

This happens when devices are grouped, and on single devices.

Seems to be random, I can’t repeat it on demand.

From Spotify playlists, every hour or so a track will play to about 10-15 seconds, then skip to the next song.  If I skip back to the previous one it will play it completely.

Diagnostics submitted: 2091336998

I’m running S2.

Can you please help me I dont understand what is happening! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @StefanieSB, welcome to the Sonos Community and  I’d be happy to assist you. I also appreciate you reaching out here and submitting a diagnostic. Have you checked other music/radio services if you’ll get the same problem? It’s more than a month since you rebooted your speakers, try to refresh the whole set up. Disconnect all Sonos from power and the same goes with your network devices like modem, router, access points. After 5-10 seconds, connect all the network devices and wait until it’s back and working. Once the internet is working again, connect all Sonos back to power. Observe if it will make any difference and submit another diagnostic. Just let us know and reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Facing the same issue: Sonos randomly stops playing and continues different a different song sometimes in the middle of the song. Time before sonos starts playing again seems random too.

information:

• no changes to network
  • Sonos Beam
  • Trying to listen to Spotify
  • Behaviour not always the same
  • Dont know how to re create
  • Diagnostic number: 1083820934
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the new community users here. Just to let you know that we’ve had an issue with the Spotify service and it should perfectly now. You can always check it in status.sonos.com. Try to remove and re-add the service and another controller if the same issue persists. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Hi.

same problem here. extremely irritating…

Spotify playback randomly skipping, stopping and keeps dropping out, jumping one or several songs in the playlist. Sometime it only drops out on one of my sonos devices when they are grouped together.

has anyone figured out the problem?

My system: Sonos S1, several Connect:amp, 1 Play 5, 1 Play3, 1 Playbar, 1 IKEA symfonic.

Diag # 1631918532

Hi, I'm having the same issue with spotify playback skipping, especially the end of titles are cut off.

Diagnostic report: 1792487440

Spotify playback has been randomly skipping and stopping for months now, on both Sonos S1 and S2.

I have Spotify Family Premium and the Spotify user-account is definitely NOT being used on other devices, as it was setup specifically for this one system.

Hi, I am loosing connection with Spotify. The problem is random and correct by itself after a while.

The diagnostic number is: 184885700

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Julio

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

You might want to follow this conversation, somehow related: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/intermittent-audio-cut-out-with-grouped-speakers-6845901?postid=16459079#post16459079

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

This problem with Spotify only (not occuring with Apple Music) is easily reproductible for me by putting all my Sonos devices on one group and jumping from song to song, or advancing the time in a song, using the S2 Sonos app.  

With Apple Music, I get a normal experience, but with Spotify I get random erratic results of all sorts…

I am using the same song on Apple Music and Spotify to keep the comparison as good as possible.  In the comparison I am doing, everything is identical, with the exception of Apple Music vs Spotify.

Somehow, the Sonos “orchestration” across all devices seems to be good with Apple Music, but not as good with Spotify.

Hi, 

I have been having the same issue since I got a Spotify account in February. I select a song. Plays for around 20 seconds and stops. Restart the song. Stops 20 secs later.. Give us in frustration. 

In reply to your request: 

• What devices do you have? Living Rm: Playbar, Sub, 2x Play:1; Kitchen: Play:1; Bedroom: Play:1; Boost in 2nd Bedroom 
  • Has anything changed on the network? No
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to? Spotify 
  • Is the behaviour always the same? Yes, described above 
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random? Yes, definitely. 

I have tried all of the things I see on threads: powering down all devices and turning back on one by one; changing channels on the Sonos system; etc. 

I have always had an issue with TV sound dropping out in the Kitchen when grouped with the Living Room. I gave up on that a long time ago. 

I would add my concern and disappointment that such an expensive bit of kit only works for TV in the Living Room, my personal music library, and radio stations. I expect it to do everything. 

Diagnostic submitted - Your confirmation number is: 1469798923.

I tried playing Spotify through the Spotify app (instead of Sonos app) and it seems to be working now. Much more stable. Only been a few hours but no more stopping 20 seconds into a song.

You can even select which room from the Spotify app now (not sure if this is new or not.. but I just noticed). 

Hi, 

I have been having the same issue since I got a Spotify account in February. I select a song. Plays for around 20 seconds and stops. Restart the song. Stops 20 secs later.. Give us in frustration. 

In reply to your request: 

• What devices do you have? Living Rm: Playbar, Sub, 2x Play:1; Kitchen: Play:1; Bedroom: Play:1; Boost in 2nd Bedroom 
  • Has anything changed on the network? No
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to? Spotify 
  • Is the behaviour always the same? Yes, described above 
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random? Yes, definitely. 

I have tried all of the things I see on threads: powering down all devices and turning back on one by one; changing channels on the Sonos system; etc. 

I have always had an issue with TV sound dropping out in the Kitchen when grouped with the Living Room. I gave up on that a long time ago. 

I would add my concern and disappointment that such an expensive bit of kit only works for TV in the Living Room, my personal music library, and radio stations. I expect it to do everything. 

Diagnostic submitted - Your confirmation number is: 1469798923.

Badge

Just chiming in once more. I tested all of last week - even took notes - and I have very few issues. Mostly at startup if anything, where it would take anywhere between 10-30 seconds for music to start playing, but only one time did I notice a dropout at all, nothing compared to what it was previously. 7 days strong and I’m confident in Spotify integration. Hopefully, nothing changes from here, but whatever was fixed, thank you!! 

Badge

No dice. Still trouble at startup and drops from one or more speakers when using Spotify. Going to try YouTube Music for a while again. I'm bummed but for me this is too big an issue to stick with Spotify. 

Badge

I did have terrible issues late last night, but today has been mostly 100%. Crossing my fingers that it’s up and running now for good, but time will tell.