Answered

Spotify skips to next song or stops playing, other sources work just fine meanwhile

Userlevel 1
The past couple of months when playing music from Spotify on any of the sonos speakers the music skips to the next song or stops playing at random points. It can be after 2 songs or half a day. The controller reports connection to spotify lost. Sometimes i can immediately click play again and it starts over but sometimes it takes 1-10 min before i can resume. Meanwhile i can play from other sources just fine so it seems like a Spotify specific issue. If i try to play using spotify connect then as i select the speaker, it changes it back to the previous target.
icon

Best answer by Edward R 19 June 2019, 13:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

269 replies

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

Diagnostic number 1141109334

Spotify skips tracks, or stops in the middle of song, or say a track can’t be played. Worked perfectly for many years, I didn’t use my speaker for a year or so but when I started using it again maybe 6 months ago this has been a frequent issue.

I used to use a Sonos alarm as my morning wake up with Spotify playlist, but many times there was a Sonos alarm signal instead of Spotify so I changed to RadioPlay then Sonos Radio which has worked completely without interruption all day every day.

I have tried to change routers, factory reset etc.

Connection speed is good and Spotify works flawlessly on all other devices everywhere I am where there’s Wi-Fi connection. 
The problem occurs only on Sonos and only with Spotify, other music services on Sonos works great. 

You might want to follow this conversation, somehow related: https://en.community.sonos.com/troubleshooting-228999/intermittent-audio-cut-out-with-grouped-speakers-6845901?postid=16459079#post16459079

Hi, I am loosing connection with Spotify. The problem is random and correct by itself after a while.

The diagnostic number is: 184885700

Thanks for the support.

Regards,
Julio

Diagnostic report: 1792487440

Spotify playback has been randomly skipping and stopping for months now, on both Sonos S1 and S2.

I have Spotify Family Premium and the Spotify user-account is definitely NOT being used on other devices, as it was setup specifically for this one system.

Diag # 1631918532

Hi, I'm having the same issue with spotify playback skipping, especially the end of titles are cut off.

Hi.

same problem here. extremely irritating…

Spotify playback randomly skipping, stopping and keeps dropping out, jumping one or several songs in the playlist. Sometime it only drops out on one of my sonos devices when they are grouped together.

has anyone figured out the problem?

My system: Sonos S1, several Connect:amp, 1 Play 5, 1 Play3, 1 Playbar, 1 IKEA symfonic.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi folks. Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the new community users here. Just to let you know that we’ve had an issue with the Spotify service and it should perfectly now. You can always check it in status.sonos.com. Try to remove and re-add the service and another controller if the same issue persists. Hope this helps. We and the community are always here to help.

Facing the same issue: Sonos randomly stops playing and continues different a different song sometimes in the middle of the song. Time before sonos starts playing again seems random too.

information:

• no changes to network
  • Sonos Beam
  • Trying to listen to Spotify
  • Behaviour not always the same
  • Dont know how to re create
  • Diagnostic number: 1083820934
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @StefanieSB, welcome to the Sonos Community and  I’d be happy to assist you. I also appreciate you reaching out here and submitting a diagnostic. Have you checked other music/radio services if you’ll get the same problem? It’s more than a month since you rebooted your speakers, try to refresh the whole set up. Disconnect all Sonos from power and the same goes with your network devices like modem, router, access points. After 5-10 seconds, connect all the network devices and wait until it’s back and working. Once the internet is working again, connect all Sonos back to power. Observe if it will make any difference and submit another diagnostic. Just let us know and reply to us with the confirmation number. We and the community are always here to help.

Can you please help me I dont understand what is happening! 

I’m seeing this issue only with Spotify too.  All my Sonos kit is hardwired.

This happens when devices are grouped, and on single devices.

Seems to be random, I can’t repeat it on demand.

From Spotify playlists, every hour or so a track will play to about 10-15 seconds, then skip to the next song.  If I skip back to the previous one it will play it completely.

Diagnostics submitted: 2091336998

I’m running S2.

Just happened again, so these diagnostics are captured a few seconds after the skip: 2041535818

I have the same issue. I recently bought 5x Sonos symfonisk IKEA, and I already have a Sonos Beam. Right now the system is unusable after investing a lot of money.

Please resolve ASAP. Diagnostics submission is 790321369.

thanks

Dan

Hello - my Spotify keeps skipping and cutting out. It will skip a couple songs and cuts out 30-45 seconds before finally playing another song. Pandora works fine. Diagnostic should show the issue running Spotify and a lack of issues when I switch to Pandora. Please help, I really prefer Spotify but this is killing me.

diagnostic:  613749862

thanks….jeff

Hello - my Spotify keeps skipping and cutting out. It will skip a couple songs and cuts out 30-45 seconds before finally playing another song. Pandora works fine. Diagnostic should show the issue running Spotify and a lack of issues when I switch to Pandora. Please help, I really prefer Spotify but this is killing me.

diagnostic:  613749862

thanks….jeff

Jeff, try to play Spotify songs in the native app and push the music via SpotifyConnect to the Sonos speakers. See if it stutters at all. 

You can then even control it using the Sonos controller, but it’s awkward and requires having two apps open.

This just happened twice in a row playing from Spotify on a single device. Diagnostics: 904214118

Diagnostics captured immediately after the second occurence.

For all the talk of “not engaging with the diagnostic process” in the pinned post, I’ve not heard anything since posting two lots of previous diagnostics.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @hdurdle, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

We’re aware of an increase in “lost connection" errors with Spotify recently, and our engineers are investigating.

As a workaround, you can play directly from the Spotify app using Spotify Connect - rebooting all speakers in the system may help if you’re unable to start playback at all, however if songs are being interrupted then playing from the Spotify app may be your best option until the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps :)

Same issue. This is new after over 7years of Sonos use. Diagnostic 529465400

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @hdurdle, thanks for reaching out to the Sonos Community!

We’re aware of an increase in “lost connection" errors with Spotify recently, and our engineers are investigating.

As a workaround, you can play directly from the Spotify app using Spotify Connect - rebooting all speakers in the system may help if you’re unable to start playback at all, however if songs are being interrupted then playing from the Spotify app may be your best option until the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps :)

For me, Spotify Connect wasn’t working either yesterday.  The app itself worked, but it was unable to connect to my speakers.

What seems to have fixed are the updates I got (both for the Sonos controller app on my Mac and my Sonos speakers themselves, now all at 13.1.1).  After a full day of using another music service, Spotify is now playing on my speakers this morning.

Hi, I’m also experiencing this issue starting about two weeks ago after years of no problems. While playing Spotify, the song cuts out and immediately skips to the next song in the queue. A few songs may then play without issue but then it happens again, seemingly at random. I can’t think of any significant changes to my home network that would have caused this. Diagnostic code is 735907413. This is extremely annoying. Please help.

Thanks.

CONFIRMATION NUMBER: 773318790

I have the same problem if not worse.

I have 4 x SONOS ONE SL’s + ONE SUB AND ONE AMP.

Each room has a PC with SONOS on there, all speakers are hooked up via ethernet with WIFI turned off. IP addresses are locked by the firewall 10.10.20.170-176

We have been receiving a bunch of dropouts. Music plays but then randomly the music stops playing but the counter is still counting in the application. 

The logs submitted should show the dropouts. It is happening in all 4 rooms without any idea why.

HELP, this is very bad and annoying.

Each room using a Spotify account, we have a family account with Spotify.

Please contact me ASAP.

Badge +17

Hi @rwperio,

Thanks for the diagnostic. Unfortunately, you’re running into an issue we’re aware of that can cause players to skip tracks or stutter during Spotify playback.

We are aware of this issue with Spotify, and we are actively working with them on a resolution. For the time being, please make use of Spotify Connect when listening to music on Sonos. We do not have additional information to share at this time, but we will notify as updates become available.

Jeff - I am having similar issues where every now and again during the day a song will start playing and ~15 seconds in will skip to the next one. Insanely annoying because there is no rhyme or reason and I have good wifi coverage AND the Sonos Boost.

Diagnostic conf number: 374923933

Thanks,

Brad

Badge

Same issue here. :(

Userlevel 4

I have been having the same issue as many others with songs not encoded correctly or skipping with Spotify. A couple of things I noticed when I add a song to the queue it usually will not play. If I catch it when this occurs I can hit pause then reverse and the song will play.  I have also noticed that when playing a Spotify playlist, a song will play for a few seconds and fade out to the next song. If your not paying attention you may not catch it. This started for me about a month ago after one  of the updates. I read that Sonos is aware of this and is working with Spotify to fix this. It would be helpful if Sonos would send an email regarding this plus post it where everyone can easily read about it instead of having everyone jump through hoops trying to fix it when you know there is an issue. I waited awhile before posting about this thinking Sonos would fix the issue.  No such luck. 
Ive done the rebooting the router and unplugged my 3 speakers. The problem still exists.