Answered

Spotify album artwork is distorted

• 15 October 2022
  • 64 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

64 replies

Badge +1

Thank you Ken and AA9979

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I opened a ticket with Sonos. They said if the problem is not on their end they will forward the issue to Spotify. I will post any solutions or explanations here. 

Thanks, although this is really a limited AI chat forum. Surprised they don’t use a ticket system, only option is to phone I guess. Not user friendly in my opinion….

Note the data does come from Spotify, so you may want to contact them about the matter too.. they are responsible for their Service within the Sonos App. Sonos just publish the API for their developers to use …and other services that use the same API do not appear to have the same issues with their artwork from what I can gather.

To contact Spotify support, see this LINK

HTH too.

Thanks, although this is really a limited AI chat forum. Surprised they don’t use a ticket system, only option is to phone I guess. Not user friendly in my opinion….

I believe it’s a ‘free’ phone number - it is in the UK at least, where I am.

You might find it easier to contact then during weekdays/working hours that are stated for your region.

Badge +1

How does one open a ticket with Sonos, so the problem is logged and resolved?

You can contact Sonos Staff via this LINK to report the issue.

Badge +1

How does one open a ticket with Sonos, so the problem is logged and resolved?

The Sonos diagnosis confirmation number is: 1379667112.

Badge +1

AA9979, I am surprised that other users aren’t complaining?

My pixelation issue is prominent when I enable Shuffle on a Spotify playlist, on Sonos App.

Maybe using the old Sonos App is the way to go?

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

I’ve had Sonos and Spotify for a very long time too. This is just a recent issue within the last week. Other music services album artwork is fine. It’s just Spotify that is having the issue. My iPhone, iPad and my wife’s iPhone are all having the same Spotify issue. 

Badge +1

What is more puzzling is that this same issue has infected my Sonos App on my Mac and iPhones…🙁

Badge +1

Would be nice if someone in Sonos responded to these type of issues 

Badge +1

Yes I have. No resolution.

Had Sonos for a long tine. Never had this issue before.

Very annoying 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you tried clearing the cache of the Sonos app (though it might be in your system): https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4758?language=en_US

Badge +1

I have the same issue. Can’t seem to clear sonos cache of pixelated artist artwork. Playing a new playlist is fine, but as soon as I play an old playlist, all album artwork pixelates drastically.

Somehow sonos app is reading artwork that was not optimized properly possibly due to an internet connection dropping. It should be able to refresh or restore itself once web connected is properly restored.

I am using Spotify via Sonos.

Reset app etc. Nothing works.Help.Please