Answered

Sonos stops playing Spotify commercials

Show first post

90 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

same here. Its getting boring deleting apps, resetting routers etc etc. Do these companies not talk to one another if they purport to support each others services? Its a real downer to have bought just another great speaker not one that is smart enough do the same thing each day. YAWN

Userlevel 1

Same problem...started approx two weeks ago...everything plays until a commercial..then have to hit pause and play...really annoying...reported to sonos..they stated, problem with interference. I have never had a problem and nothing on my system has changed. Can also play spotify on other devices...phone, other speakers (not sonos) with no stoppages.  

After sending my message, I tested using the Spotify app with my Sonos Move - it did the same thing.  So, maybe Sonos is right, it’s a Spotify thing.  I have no motivation or time to report this to and deal with Spotify, I’ll just play the other apps.

Much of ‘interference’ comes from outside the network. Things like new neighbors with a new wifi router have altered my own network use in the past, please don’t assume ‘nothing has changed’. 

Same problem...started approx two weeks ago...everything plays until a commercial..then have to hit pause and play...really annoying...reported to sonos..they stated, problem with interference. I have never had a problem and nothing on my system has changed. Can also play spotify on other devices...phone, other speakers (not sonos) with no stoppages.  

Badge

Same problem here, happens on both my Android phone and iPad.  Not sure exactly when this started happening but I’d say probably about two weeks ago.

Userlevel 1

I'm also having this issue and reported it to Sonos customer support,  but they were no help at all. They said to contact Spotify.

Are you all experiencing this on Android OS? Because my teen could play Spotify from their iPhone, and we didn't have this issue. 

Also, Sonos had me reaurhorize my Spotify account, and now the work around (hitting pause then play) no longer works. When the commercial break starts, it just freezes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What did Sonos support say when you submitted that diagnostic, and called in?

Reporting a problem directly to Sonos makes Sonos more aware of it, so can contribute to getting a solution. This is a user forum.

Remember, the Spotify server that serves the Sonos application (and other streams) is a different one than serves the Spotify app. Sonos doesn’t have any control over that server, it’s managed by Spotify. 

Same. I can report that this happens with google assistant and Alexa. Both will not play the commercials and any music. Then manually needs to press the play button on the speaker to continue playing. Not having this issue with google nest mini using Spotify.

Userlevel 1

Same so annoying… tried running it off the app on phones and desktops etc nothing helps. please help us!!!

Same issue - commercial comes on, sonos stops and requires manually hitting pause / unpause to get speaker to play again. Note, I also just updated Spotify ap within the same timeframe that the speaker started having issues.

What did Sonos support say when you submitted that diagnostic, and called in?

Same here. It began a few days ago. I hope Sonos & Spotify fix this soon.

While I suspect this is an issue with the source, I.e. Spotify’s stream, it might be helpful if you were to submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Once they’ve made a determination as to where the issue is, it would be nice if you were to report back here. 

Userlevel 1

Yep same - the silence followed by the need to open sonos and hit pause play is frustrating 

any solution would be great