Question

SiriusXM Trouble

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 1

Same here.  Very frustrating.  I think Sonos will be issuing Checks to refund all of us for all the Sonos we have invested in with the sole purpose of using Sirius xm to play.  So we deserve thousands In refund for all the Sonos and sound bars we invested in inside and out.  Not to mention reimbursement for Sirius xm that we pay for and can’t steam.

Userlevel 1
Badge

One of the other threads mentions that Sirius has identified the issue. It’s def wide spread and still happening as of Monday morning Pacific Time.

Sonos status states “Partial Outage” for SiriusXM.  

https://status.sonos.com

As a workaround, go into your My Sonos, Recently Played and tap on Recently Played.  I get a list of about 40 of my recently played items, including the SiriusXM stations I’m looking for now.

Since there was no software update from Sonos, I suspect the issue is at SiriusXM, have you contacted them?

There are already many threads about the SiriusXM issues, perhaps some SiriusXM is working on the problem?

Have 4 Play1 and a boost. Up until the other day I was able to select channels on XM, now when I try I am getting “no selections are available”. However I am able to play XM through recently played. Already rebooted my wireless network, same issue.

The status page showed this down for a while - it now says restored.

It is not fixed.

https://status.sonos.com

Paying way too much money for the service to not be available.

Is Sonos going to fix this problem?

Is this because of the legacy?

Moderator Note: Post Edited for Language

Same problem here when trying to listen to SiriusXM.  “No selections are available.” on Live Channels.  Frustrating.  I have removed the SiriusXM service and re-added, changed the SiriusXM password for account, re-added, no luck.  I guess I’ll listen to Spotify until Sonos/SiriusXM fixes the problem.

Userlevel 2

After being red for a few hours the status page show Sirius XM as green again. I still can’t get it to work. 

Userlevel 2

From SONOS support this afternoon

”I was just made aware that at this time we are experiencing an outage that we are aware of that's currently not resolved yet.“

They advised would notify me once problem resolved.

Same issue. 

Oops. Update: see https://status.sonos.com

My guess is there’s something going iron at SiriusXM, since all Sonos does is point to the server location that they were told to. Not sure why it isn’t showing up on the real time status link. But Sonos does provide 24/7 support via Twitter as well. 

yes, same here.  Was about to sit in the yard with a beer to listen and been troubleshooting for last 30 minutes.  Happy to at least hear not just me

same here. but will not stop me from the beer

Userlevel 1
Badge

yes, same here.  Was about to sit in the yard with a beer to listen and been troubleshooting for last 30 minutes.  Happy to at least hear not just me

Userlevel 1
Badge

Me too. Started on the afternoon of 5/15. Earlier in the day I was fine. Last fall someone made a similar post and reported that it was an issue on the SXM side and that other connected services/devices were having the same issue. In my case I have a SXM channel as the most recent stream on one of my Sonos pairs, and if I press the play button on one of the speakers, it streams just fine, so some part of the connection is working. I just wish I could see all the channels. At least I can still stream on my phone.

Same prob here . Started today 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Bruce. Just rebooted everything. Removed SiriusXM service and added back in but no results. 

I can access and play SiriusXM channels from my Sonos favorites list but when trying to browse/view available channels I get “no selections available”.

Very frustrating. Guess I’ll call support on Monday.

If you’ve tried a reboot of your router, followed by a reboot of each speaker, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of trying to play SiriusXM, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it.

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. Certainly some hard data, versus just anecdotal would not be remiss. 

Exact same here. Started yesterday morning in Virginia.  Good luck getting Sonos Customer Service to answer.  

We’re experiencing the same issue.