Question

SiriusXM Trouble

Userlevel 2

When trying to play SiriusXM on my Play 1 using the SONOS app I get a message that there are no selections available. I have used this streaming service in the past with no problem. I deleted and reinstalled the service, powered down and restarted the speakers, router and all devices without success. I have the same problem with all devices (Windows PC, iPhone, iPad). All other streaming services work fine. I can stream Sirius XM using their app so I know that the account is OK. Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

Userlevel 2

After being red for a few hours the status page show Sirius XM as green again. I still can’t get it to work. 

Badge

Same here.  I never had a problem playing Sirius XM on Sonos in the past.

I can access and play SiriusXM channels from my Sonos favorites list but when trying to browse/view available channels I get “no selections available”.

I recently switched from old Sonos Bridge to wifi, but it worked fine for 2 weeks afterwards until today.

SiriusXM woks just fine in my cars, on iPhone App, and online streaming, Hey..Sonos...it’s you….. and your connection to SiriusXM….come on, someone from Sonos respond and let us know what’s going on PLEASE!!!

Userlevel 1
Badge

OK, I ran the system diagnostic then spoke to a helpful tech at Sonos.  He was unable to resolve the issue and said that there were some ongoing issues with SiriusXM and Sonos and that they’d send me an email if there was a resolution.  I’ll give it a couple of days before i try anything else.

Oh, fwiw, I’m using SiriusXM Canada...

Same problem here when trying to listen to SiriusXM.  “No selections are available.” on Live Channels.  Frustrating.  I have removed the SiriusXM service and re-added, changed the SiriusXM password for account, re-added, no luck.  I guess I’ll listen to Spotify until Sonos/SiriusXM fixes the problem.

Sonos status states “Partial Outage” for SiriusXM.  

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 1
Badge

Curious whether anyone has been having issues with the SiriusXM music service within the Sonos app? Despite removing and re-adding the service, whenever I navigate to SiriusXM through my Sonos app (on ALL my devices incl. iPhone, Galaxy tablet and MacBook), none of the SiriusXM channel are displayed. My app simply shows “No selections are available” (se the attached image).

To clarify: my SiriusXM subscription is still active & valid as I am able to listen to those SiriusXM channels I’ve added to my Sonos favourites. However, I cannot access any other channels through the Sonos music service feature.

I am having the exact same problem today.

Userlevel 2

Same issue here. Started late last night by just stopping play. There was a skip back about 5 seconds on a song before it went out. SXM apps work on web, phone and appleTV’s. I’ve deleted and re-added SXM via the music services without success.

Userlevel 1
Badge

An encouraging update: as of May 31, 10:30AM (Mountain), my Sonos app was displaying all the SiriusXM channels and my favourites.

You’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I’d normally suggest. I think at this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Although I’d also keep an eye on the ‘view real-time service status’ link, to see if possibly there’s  an issue that Sonos is already chasing. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

You’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I’d normally suggest. I think at this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Although I’d also keep an eye on the ‘view real-time service status’ link, to see if possibly there’s  an issue that Sonos is already chasing. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

I’ll do that now.  Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Last thing…  my MacBook didn’t have any favourite or recent siriusxm stations (maybe because i re-installed the service?) but my iPhone had one of the stations under My Sonos.  I clicked on it and it works.  I still can’t get any other channels but this is my fave one so it’ll be easier to wait for the fix now.

XM stream was working fine on my Sonos One.   Just recently, the Sonos App XM menu shows “No selection available.” under “Live Channels.” 

I tried to log into XM again within Sonos.  But still the same problem.  I checked my XM streaming login/passwd in a web browser, and that works fine.  Any ideas?

Paying way too much money for the service to not be available.

Have 4 Play1 and a boost. Up until the other day I was able to select channels on XM, now when I try I am getting “no selections are available”. However I am able to play XM through recently played. Already rebooted my wireless network, same issue.

We’re experiencing the same issue.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

No luck yet.  Does anyone else still have the same issue?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Bruce. Just rebooted everything. Removed SiriusXM service and added back in but no results. 

I can access and play SiriusXM channels from my Sonos favorites list but when trying to browse/view available channels I get “no selections available”.

Very frustrating. Guess I’ll call support on Monday.

Same prob here . Started today 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Me too. Started on the afternoon of 5/15. Earlier in the day I was fine. Last fall someone made a similar post and reported that it was an issue on the SXM side and that other connected services/devices were having the same issue. In my case I have a SXM channel as the most recent stream on one of my Sonos pairs, and if I press the play button on one of the speakers, it streams just fine, so some part of the connection is working. I just wish I could see all the channels. At least I can still stream on my phone.

Userlevel 1
Badge

May 22, 11:00AM (Mountain time): Still receiving the same error message under the SiriusXM music service through the Sonos app: “No selections are available.” 

FYI. I’m a SiriusXM Canada subscriber and have tweeted the issue on May 21 to Sonos support (no resolution yet)

Likewise, “no selections available” however I do note I have some Sirius channels in “My SONOS” which still connect and play.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same issue started today. If I go into Sonos Favorite and try to play a station that I have favorited, that station plays. Must be something between Sonos and SirisuXM

I was on with Sonos support and they logged on with their premium account and it worked.

I was asked to call Sirius to get my account “refreshed”. No luck.

As a workaround, go into your My Sonos, Recently Played and tap on Recently Played.  I get a list of about 40 of my recently played items, including the SiriusXM stations I’m looking for now.