Question

SiriusXM Trouble

Userlevel 2

When trying to play SiriusXM on my Play 1 using the SONOS app I get a message that there are no selections available. I have used this streaming service in the past with no problem. I deleted and reinstalled the service, powered down and restarted the speakers, router and all devices without success. I have the same problem with all devices (Windows PC, iPhone, iPad). All other streaming services work fine. I can stream Sirius XM using their app so I know that the account is OK. Any other suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

58 replies

The status page showed this down for a while - it now says restored.

It is not fixed.

https://status.sonos.com

Have 4 Play1 and a boost. Up until the other day I was able to select channels on XM, now when I try I am getting “no selections are available”. However I am able to play XM through recently played. Already rebooted my wireless network, same issue.

There are already many threads about the SiriusXM issues, perhaps some SiriusXM is working on the problem?

Since there was no software update from Sonos, I suspect the issue is at SiriusXM, have you contacted them?

As a workaround, go into your My Sonos, Recently Played and tap on Recently Played.  I get a list of about 40 of my recently played items, including the SiriusXM stations I’m looking for now.

Sonos status states “Partial Outage” for SiriusXM.  

https://status.sonos.com

Userlevel 1
Badge

One of the other threads mentions that Sirius has identified the issue. It’s def wide spread and still happening as of Monday morning Pacific Time.

Userlevel 1

Same here.  Very frustrating.  I think Sonos will be issuing Checks to refund all of us for all the Sonos we have invested in with the sole purpose of using Sirius xm to play.  So we deserve thousands In refund for all the Sonos and sound bars we invested in inside and out.  Not to mention reimbursement for Sirius xm that we pay for and can’t steam.

Same problem here. All of the sudden, this weeked, Sirius XM is in operable and I’ve don all the suggested steps including rebooting the network and disconnecting the Sonos system. No dice. Nada. Everything else is working.

Seems that SiriusXM is having some pretty substantial issues. 

Badge

It’s baaaaack. As of this AM at least for me. SiriusXM channel browsing shows like normal. 
8:15 AM NY time. 
hope others fare well again as well. 

Back up

Userlevel 1
Badge

It happened to me a couple of days ago, deleted and reinstalled SiriusXM and it worked. Just happened again.  Reinstall does nothing.  Rebooting network does nothing.   

Userlevel 1
Badge

It happened to me a couple of days ago, deleted and reinstalled SiriusXM and it worked. Just happened again.  Reinstall does nothing.  Rebooting network does nothing.   

Maybe my inability to coherently post here is part of my problem  :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

You’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I’d normally suggest. I think at this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Although I’d also keep an eye on the ‘view real-time service status’ link, to see if possibly there’s  an issue that Sonos is already chasing. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

You’ve done all the troubleshooting steps I’d normally suggest. I think at this point, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and contact Sonos Support to discuss it. Although I’d also keep an eye on the ‘view real-time service status’ link, to see if possibly there’s  an issue that Sonos is already chasing. 

I usually suggest the phone folks, they have more tools available, and are available Monday through Friday during business hours. Twitter support folks are available 24/7.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution. 

I’ll do that now.  Thanks.

Userlevel 1
Badge

OK, I ran the system diagnostic then spoke to a helpful tech at Sonos.  He was unable to resolve the issue and said that there were some ongoing issues with SiriusXM and Sonos and that they’d send me an email if there was a resolution.  I’ll give it a couple of days before i try anything else.

Oh, fwiw, I’m using SiriusXM Canada...

Userlevel 1
Badge

Last thing…  my MacBook didn’t have any favourite or recent siriusxm stations (maybe because i re-installed the service?) but my iPhone had one of the stations under My Sonos.  I clicked on it and it works.  I still can’t get any other channels but this is my fave one so it’ll be easier to wait for the fix now.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Curious whether anyone has been having issues with the SiriusXM music service within the Sonos app? Despite removing and re-adding the service, whenever I navigate to SiriusXM through my Sonos app (on ALL my devices incl. iPhone, Galaxy tablet and MacBook), none of the SiriusXM channel are displayed. My app simply shows “No selections are available” (se the attached image).

To clarify: my SiriusXM subscription is still active & valid as I am able to listen to those SiriusXM channels I’ve added to my Sonos favourites. However, I cannot access any other channels through the Sonos music service feature.

Userlevel 1
Badge

May 22, 11:00AM (Mountain time): Still receiving the same error message under the SiriusXM music service through the Sonos app: “No selections are available.” 

FYI. I’m a SiriusXM Canada subscriber and have tweeted the issue on May 21 to Sonos support (no resolution yet)

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have the same issue.  Rebooted the wifi, unplugged/plugged all Sonos products, rebooted iPhone, iPad, MacBook, reinstalled SiriusXM.   Nothing.  

try going to mysonos on the app to see if any of the SiriusXM channels are there under the “stations” section.   I had Sirius 33 there and I’m able to access that channel.  

This his been occurring with boring regularity for months. When will Sonos fix it, or remove the feature?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Update.  I’ve had a few conversations with Sonos support and tried a couple of things they suggested but it’s still not working.   They’ve suggested that I speak to SiriusXM but SiriusXM streams fine for me everywhere except on Sonos.  

I’ll give it a few days to see if either of them updates their app and otherwise I’ll probably wipe and reinstall Sonos to see if that works.  

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ll give it a few days to see if either of them updates their app and otherwise I’ll probably wipe and reinstall Sonos to see if that works.  

The cynical side of me fears that SirirusXM will suggest the problem lies within the Sonos app, and we’ll all be back to square one with the issue.