Skip to main content
Question

"Music Library Settings" missing

With the new app, I can’t access my music at all. According to the Sonos support pages, you add your music library by going to “Manage” and then “Music Library Settings”. But in my app, there is no Music Library Settings on that page, only Content Services.

I called Sonos support, and they told me that some people are missing that setting, and this is something they’re working on (and they couldn’t say how long that would take). But the lady I talked to didn’t really seem to know what she was talking about. I haven’t found anybody else reporting this problem. Everybody is talking about all the missing features, but nobody mentions not even being able to access your music through the app. Is somebody else experiencing this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

109 replies

The app is actually called Sonophone. On initial acquaintance it seems like a useful replacement.

Dave

I have an Iphone.  I linked the new Sonos app to Apple Music on my iPhone using my Apple ID. If you sync your Apple Music library to the Apple cloud, you will be able to see and play your music library from the Apple Music source in Sonos. If you additionally subscribe to Apple Music using your Apple ID, you’ll also have access to Apple Music services. I much prefer the S2 Sonos app over the new version, which is slow and buggy.

With the new app, I can’t access my music at all. According to the Sonos support pages, you add your music library by going to “Manage” and then “Music Library Settings”. But in my app, there is no Music Library Settings on that page, only Content Services.

I called Sonos support, and they told me that some people are missing that setting, and this is something they’re working on (and they couldn’t say how long that would take). But the lady I talked to didn’t really seem to know what she was talking about. I haven’t found anybody else reporting this problem. Everybody is talking about all the missing features, but nobody mentions not even being able to access your music through the app. Is somebody else experiencing this?

Yes I am after adding new cd to library after it updated it totally screwed up my library, multiple copies of same disc with no little or no content , very difficult to use library as so damaged . Planning call to Customer Services to see if can fix it . 

Yes I am after adding new cd to library after it updated it totally screwed up my library, multiple copies of same disc with no little or no content , very difficult to use library as so damaged . Planning call to Customer Services to see if can fix it . 

Maybe post a screen-capture image here of one of your CD track tags/metadata and a copy of what you also see from the Artists/Album folder in the Sonos App. It might perhaps assist Sonos Support Staff when you call in and save you time.

I (and others here) might perhaps be able to suggest some things to try too once we see an example of the tag data thst you’re using for the Album tracks

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @notsoniftynick, other users reported the same “multiple copies” problem earlier this week immediately after the v16.3 firmware dropped. The workaround is to delete your local library and then add it back, which will re-index from scratch.

Hi @notsoniftynick, other users reported the same “multiple copies” problem earlier this week immediately after the v16.3 firmware dropped. The workaround is to delete your local library and then add it back, which will re-index from scratch.

Hi Thanks, however dosen’t seem to work for me , have deleted and then added back library with all same problems as before . I attach couple of screen shots of one of the multiple copies have of one album which has no content as see in second screenshot. Many other albums are the same. Any help appreciated . 

@notsoniftynick,

Maybe see if it gets fixed with the next Sonos App update as that’s supposedly related to local library matters, but don’t forget to re-index the library post-update too.

On the homepage of the App scroll to the bottom and you should see Your Sources > Music Library.

You can’t search it anymore and you can’t modify it. It looks like they are slowly removing local library support.

Not good. It removes the path every day and it is not visible from the APP

I have 400gb of music that I cannot now play around my house.  I don’t use streaming services. 
I cannot now access my music due to this dreadful app. Please update app again so we can access our music libraries 

Under uk law you have 6 years for recourse , these systems are no longer fit for purpose, you must challenge your retailer.