Question

music library after latest app update

Userlevel 3

Just installed the new app. But I can’t find where the music library went. Also no option to add a folder to the library 

148 replies

Userlevel 1

Me too. I cannot see my music library as a source in the new ios app. I can see it in the new web app though. So why no music library as a source?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We knew in advance after asking questions that searching local library and the ability to add a library have been removed in the new version.  That you can't even add songs to a queue or even re-order or remove songs is staggering.

Userlevel 7

Under “Your System”, your music library should be listed under “Your Sources”. It might take a little bit for it to appear as it didn’t appear immediately for me.

Major disappointment if we are unable to get our Sonos Playlists back and very difficult or impossible to add a song to your playlists or music library. Not happy but hoping these are oversights that will be added back to new app.

Userlevel 1

Ah yes my library did appear after a couple of hours. Why I’m not sure but at least it’s there now. It did appear instantly on the new web app though. 

Userlevel 3

I have it now but the library is not loading. Maybe it just need some time to index   

I’ll try the web app. I was hoping it works also in a tv browser 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Under “Your System”, your music library should be listed under “Your Sources”. It might take a little bit for it to appear as it didn’t appear immediately for me.

Could you post a screen shot? The new app installed a couple of hours ago, but I'm still not seeing my music library.

Hi everybody,

Since the last update of the Android Sonos (80.00.04-release+20240507671145b) app I don't succeed in access to m'y music library (which IS recorded on my NAS) through the mobile app.

It's OK through the Sonos desktop app.

Someone Can help me, please?

Thank you.

Pierre

Userlevel 2

I’m having the same problem.  Installed new app last night and can’t seem to find or access my music library. Under “your system” only see my speakers.  Under “your services” I don’t see my music library.   Also can’t seem to find how to control/set alarms that I use for my daughter’s room. This is on my iPhone iOS app

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

My Android app looks like this:

The two things under Your Sources come and go though - I find I have to force-quit the app to make the Library show sometimes, and other times I have to force-quit to show the Line-in. I called Sonos and opened a ticket on this.

Userlevel 2

hate the new app, rolled back to the previous one in frustration

Userlevel 3

My sonos system primarily uses my large local music library daily, after the auto app update this morning i can’t now access using any mobile devices only. After speaking to support they said they knew about this and in a few months the feature may return.

I cannot believe that a company the size of sonos has rolled out a new app breaking one of the fundamental aspects of the sonos system, not even giving users a choice of sticking with the old app until the local music library feature is available in the new app.

Surely this is what beta testing is for after reading all the guff on the new app by the CEO it just shows to me total disregard to older customers  with large music libraries.

Totally pi$$ed off

Totally agree. The “age of subscription”… death of a thousand cuts/straws and camels… whatever cliche you choose. The tyranny of the bait and switch.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello, 

I’m a newish Sonos user, I have had a Beam gen 2 for 2 months, and I’ve been using the Sonos app on Android.

Yesterday I got updated to the new Sonos app (v18? the icon changed from brown to black).

I needed to sign out and sign back in again to see my online music services, but I can’t see my local (network) music library any more. I have .mp3 and .flac files served from a UPNP server (twonky). It was working great, but I can’t see a way to add it back in to the app UI.

I can still send local music from the server to the Sonos Beam using a upnp controller app like BubbleSoft, but the old Sonos app was more convenient because it sent a whole album, not one track at a time. (So I could set the music playing from my phone and then leave the house or close the app and the whole album would play).

I was hoping that a new version of the app might mean that the album cover art pictures would be shown in the library, but now I’m worried the function has been taken out of the app forever :/

Any info or guesses on whether local music is gone for good from the app?

Can anyone help with the new Windows app please? 

I have updated it but it wants to be updated - but tells me it is up to date, but wants to be updated etc etc

How do I get out of this loop so that I can manage my music library?

Userlevel 4

Agree...would love to do the same. What’s the process to roll back to the prior version of the App in iOS?

Userlevel 2

Same problem here. I cannot access my extensive music library without Sonos. If the new application is not fixed, and if I cannot find a way to go back to an earlier version of the application, I will have no choice but to go to a different system altogether. I have too much invested in my library--both time and money--not to be able to use it.

I used to have my music playing from my music folder on my old laptop, but when I upgraded to Windows 11 64bit Dell laptop, I’ve been unable to find where to re-link it.  The advice about Add your music library to Sonos | Sonos isn’t accurate anymore as the app doesn’t show that menu option.

Thanks,

Brett

Userlevel 3
Badge

How did you roll back to the previous app version? This new version does not work on my Galaxy S21 Phone at all.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have updated my Android phone (Galaxy S21+) to a new SONOS app released on May 7, 2024 and now nothing works. Whatever I try to do there is an error message “Something went wrong”. I have restarted SONOS, restarted Phone - nothing helped. At the same time I can play music using my Windows PC SONOS Controller. So, I conclude the problem is 100% in this new app.

This application was not thoroughly tested and I demand SONOS engineers to upload a previous version of SONOS S2 as you have SONOS S1 or give us a link where we can download that previous version.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

First problem … I search all the time for artists and songs. The search function used to return info from BOTH Spotify and my Music Library. It no longer searches my music library of 25,000 songs. this is worthless. How do I uninstall the new app.

I have 31,000 mostly ripped songs (Jazz, classical, etc.) and I cannot get them to play on my Sonos system at all. I have tried playing directly from my library, indexing my library, and through the Apple Music app within Sonos. 

Any ideas?

Userlevel 2

Seems like the ability to connect to my NAS is gone ? I cannot find a,way to connect it anymore.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a large local library of about 35000 songs ~ 500 artists.

In the old app I could search for a song, album, artist, now it won't search the local library at all.

If I want to go to a specific artist, for example “Weezer” In the old app I went Library → Artists → “W” or just searched.

They removed the alphabet selector and the ability to search.

I now have to go to Local Library → Artists and then scroll and scroll and scroll. Page after page after page.

Imagine scrolling for a specific song. 

I think Sonos is moving towards streaming services support. As far as I am concerned my local library has become unusable.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

This is how I feel about the new app.  I used to enjoy browsing through my local music library, selecting songs, albums, artists to add to my queue, and then tweaking (some might say curating) the queue and then, if I really liked the results, creating a playlist from the queue.  Now?...I have to scroll endlessly through the thousands of songs and hundreds of artists and albums in my library to find the ones that I want without the benefit of the A-Z slider on the right to jump through the list.  And, then, after all of that, I can only play a single selection without the ability to add them to a queue. That is absolutely infuriating!  Now, I am forced to play a single song at time in some cases.  Ridiculous!  What is modern about an app that doesn't let you search and curate your music how you want.  I have more music management features on my cheap blue tooth speakers.  They have made it so, so hard for me to play and enjoy my own music.  They have turned this into a process that I just dread.  Way to go!