Question

Moved - Now I cannot add Sonos Devices - Says Login as System Owner... I am!

Userlevel 3

I moved and now I cannot access any of my devices. When I hard reset them to add them it says I have to do a software update but I have to sign in as the system owner. I am the system owner?! This has been a very frustrating experience and based on messaged I have found online no one has an answer. Not sure why such a hefty price tag if the app is so difficult, especially for moving to a new house.

107 replies

New app or S2?

Userlevel 1

Same problem for me… new app

Same issue, not sure what’s going on

Userlevel 3

I’m using the new app. 

Same is happening to me 

Userlevel 3

New app or S2?

New app

Userlevel 1

I factory reset my beam and created a new system with it, then factory reset the One’s and subwoofer and added to new system and all working for me now. 

for some reason i struggled to get the beam reset and resynced with wifi- i used an ethernet cable plugged into router and that worked

Userlevel 2

Same issue. So frustrating.

Same problem 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I know this may be out of your control, but I could get the Sign In dialogs by blocking all Sonos domains from my router. There is something about needing to talk to Sonos.com that creates odd things on the new app. 

I know Sonos has had a process in place where it knows the exact address of our systems by asking for location permission. My thought is that they will help you if your stuff is stolen because they can see who is trying to set it up…at the bad house. Hence the login?

It could make the app really angry if some or one of these hosts (screenshot) are not available. This screenshot is from my ad blocking appliance on the local network  

Hi I have the same problem with Sonos saying I’m not the owner and ask the owner to log in. I am the owner and I’m going round in circles. 
Would you suggest starting again going back to factory settings with a new email ? 

Userlevel 2

I haven’t even moved house though, just changed WiFi provider requiring a reboot of the speakers but still have this issue.

i can actually add a speaker but as soon as it is added it says “update required” and this is when the loop begins of I try to login but it keeps asking for “owner to login”.

called Sonos, current wait time 65 minutes….

Userlevel 2

Did you get anywhere with support? There really needs to be an official acknowledgement of this problem now and an ETA on when we will see a fix. I have four Sonos products all offline at the moment and one which is stuck with the update loop. Lots of users appear impacted and yet there’s been no app rollback and no announcements on their website. 

Userlevel 2

It looks like an app update has been released. It’s fixed things for me. Hope it does for everyone else too. 

Userlevel 1

Now I’m getting this error too. So many errors. Different one every day it seems. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I moved and now I cannot access any of my devices. When I hard reset them to add them it says I have to do a software update but I have to sign in as the system owner. I am the system owner?! This has been a very frustrating experience and based on messaged I have found online no one has an answer. Not sure why such a hefty price tag if the app is so difficult, especially for moving to a new house.

If you’re trying to setup your devices on a new WiFi network then just follow the steps for a new system setup..

Userlevel 1

Same here. You can’t do anything as the software is hidden behind the owner login pop up

Userlevel 1

exactly the same. new app cant do anything as saying i’m not the system owner.  Trying to get any help is a complete waste of time. Current wait time is 105 minutes. Chatbot is a piece of garbage, along with the new app!.   give us a rollback NOW until problems are fixed

Userlevel 1

Exactly the same problem. If there has been an update of the app, it hasn’t cured the log in loop problem for me on IoS.

Just wasted three hours getting nowhere.

Userlevel 1

I changed Wifi networks and now when I try to use the Sonos it tells me that I need to update, but that I need to login as System Owner.  I am system owner and the devices show up on my profile.

Now I can’t use any of the devices.  This is ridiculous.

Same problem after upgrade to the new version. Not able to add an extra speaker. Asking for an owner account but there is just one account.. What is happening?

Userlevel 1

I am having the same problem. It is telling me to log out and have owner sign in. 😡

Userlevel 1

I am having the same issue - sign in as owner!

Userlevel 1

I had the same issue, also with the iPhone connect issue but I have managed to solve it by using the Sonos Mac OS app. I guess also the Windows app will work. 

Got the system up and running in 5 minutes after 2 hours struggle with the mobile app.

Userlevel 1

I also have this problem.  Pop up says I’m not the owner, but there is nowhere to make any changes/updates.  I just bought the Move 2 and disappointed I can’t get it to work.

Where are the Sonos people?!