Gapless playback issues after 15.2 update

Show first post

99 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I need the gapless feature to work - has Sonos resolved this issue? 

A complaint was made a month ago according to this thread.

The Sonos technical and software team should have been resolved by now!

Thats a negative 

Userlevel 3
Badge

In my OP I was referring to the use of the following track on Apple Music as sleep sounds, set to a continuous repeat. Prior to 16.2, this provided a seamless everlasting loop, after 16.2 there’s an audible gap.

Loopable Waterfall track on Apple Music

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jmwarren85 

Thanks - I’ll pass this along, in addition to any more that come my way.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Jmwarren85 

We were able to reproduce the issue so no further data gathering is needed, but thanks for the offer!

no fix yet with the latest update. Corry, any updates on when this will get fixed?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Eclipse83 

We believe this issue was (largely) fixed with the February update. Again, however, some people may still be affected, so we are continuing work.

Apologies for not updating the thread earlier - it seems I didn’t receive an update on this ticket, likely due to the non-universal nature of the fix.

I hope this helps.

Badge

Sonos technical support / software dev team - Can you kindly tell us when this issue will be resolved?

I trust that you will not say it’s an Apple issue and even if it is, you will collaborate with them to resolve the issue effectively.

Update: I updated to 15.3 today. 

Still having the same issue. It’s not fixed in 15.3. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Confirmed here, no changes with 15.3. This is really disappointing

Userlevel 2
Badge

+1 I’m also having this issue using Symfonisk Table Lamp speaker since 15.2 update when looping a single white noise track from Apple Music :(

Userlevel 3
Badge

A few replies above you will see Corry’s response (Sonos Staff). They are aware of the issue and are working on it.
Thanks for adding your information to it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m not a programmer but the bug started happening the same time Sonos introduced Atmos spatial audio from Apple. It may be a coincidence or it may be that Sonos changed the playback APIs to allow Atmos which could have caused this bug. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Getting this too listening to Balance 031 - Tim Green on my new era 300’s it is somewhat ruining the experience please fix Sonos, 15.4 app version

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

I too have heard this issue with Apple Music.  It’s noticeable when there is a continuous piece of music that is split into segments. There is a slight hesitation. 

There will likely never be the option to revert. Allowing that is way more difficult than you’d expect. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jmwarren85 

We did release a fix for this last year but it seems a small number of users are still affected so we’re still working on a more complete resolution.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

15.6 update does NOT solve the problem on my test album Abbey Road (2019 Mix)

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Corry P 

I’m definitely still having the issue on some of my speakers, everything is fine on Play:1s but Ones, Beam & Port still have the issue.

I’ve submitted a diagnostic 432546941

Oh I never thought to try on different devices, I mainly use this on the Symfonisk frame@hobaSoundWhat devices to you use?

I have a pair of Era 300s and the Arc soundbar

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

RENAISSANCE by Beyonce on Apple Music is working perfectly. I think my aforementioned Beatles album isn’t working because of an  issue. ie; If i play the beatles album directly on my mac it still has a gap. weird. 

Thanks @Corry P !

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

new update, still not fixed :(

It’s been 9 months since first reported, let’s go Sonos FFS!  

Worked with Sonos support. My case ID is ********. Feel free to call Sonos and let them know you’re experiencing the same problem as my case. Waiting for engineering to address.  

Moderator edit: removed case number.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Another update, another disappointment SMH

Userlevel 2
Badge

So upset this problem is lasting this long….my white noise situations has really sucked since this problem showed up.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @hobaSound & @Eclipse83 

Our expectations were that this issue would be resolved with yesterdays update. If you are still experiencing this issue after installing yesterdays update, please recreate the issue on your system and submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given and we’ll take a look for you.

Thanks.

Badge +2

I’ve had the same problem, I have a few gapless tracks that I use for white noise. They have been completely useless lately due to the pause at the end of the track. I was on the phone with support for over an hour one night after they went through useless suggestions after useless suggestion. I tried to tell them over and over again that it happened immediately after the update but they wern’t having it.

All I was trying to do was report a but and it seemed like they didn’t think it was their fault or anything on their end. Eventually I gave up.

Nice job Sonos team….SMH

Yes, welcome to Sonos ‘support.’ 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Not shockingly, 15.7 does not fix the issue.

@Corry P could you please perhaps provide some insight as to what’s going on? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

The latest 16.2 firmware update (80.00.04) introduced lossless audio in Apple Music.

Release date: 5/13/2024

In this update:

• Added lossless audio support for Apple Music.
  • Bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Any changes with gapless playback? Have anyone tried?

I haven’t updated the firmware yet, as well as the mobile app still staying with the good old 16.1...