Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

125 replies

Same issue here. Rebooted router, phone, uninstall/reinstalled Spotify and still nothing. Usually a stable platform, but this is frustrating. All other services work fine. Hoping for a quick resolution. 

I am also unable to play spotify through Sonos and it is very annoying. Sonos needs to provide a services status link right upfront on their homepage.

Same isuue... And I HATE IT

See:  https://status.sonos.com/

Badge

Same issue here. Rebooted router, phone, uninstall/reinstalled Spotify and still nothing. Usually a stable platform, but this is frustrating. All other services work fine. Hoping for a quick resolution. 

I am also unable to play spotify through Sonos and it is very annoying. Sonos needs to provide a services status link right upfront on their homepage.

Same isuue... And I HATE IT

See:  https://status.sonos.com/

Thanks. I saw that. That doesn’t make me HATE IT less (: 

It’s REALLY annoying 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @NackasBV, welcome to the Sonos Community! I appreciate you reaching out here and the diagnostic. Let me help you by first suggesting to try on a different controller like another phone/computer if possible. Remove/re-add the Spotify service in the Sonos app, reboot your phone, also try to play to one speaker only. If none will work, change your Sonos system’s wireless channel from channel 6 to 11/1 and then check. 

Let us know how it goes. We and the community are always here to help.

Badge

I have been having the same issue for a couple of days. :thinking:

I wasted the last couple hours also reinstalling etc.  Hello Sonos? How about an update??

I’m having that issue too, is frustrating since I’m used to use Sonos and Spotify to work every day and is not the same without it, is good to know they are working on it

Mine is working again too

I just started experiencing this today- worked perfectly before. I updated the Mac controller app too, so this spans the past two versions. It just won’t communicate with Spotify, can’t browse music or anything but can use the other Sonos services.

Hi,
If you have two Wifi networks configured in your router like I have where I usually use the 5GHz based network on all my devices then you will not be able to use connect with Spotify connect to your sonos speakers as they are on 2.4GHz networks.

I am not sure why this is since the router does in deed route network traffic between the two Wifi networks usually, but in this case there is a problem.

I have not tested with another router so far so it might be related to this specific router that came with my cable tv/ broadband subscription.

The brand is Compal model CH7486e

If I restart the router then it will work with Spotify connect for a while and then stop working. But now when I stay on the same 2.4GHz network with the device running Spotify app it does work. I tried so far from my Samsung S20+ and two Macbook Pro computers.

Cheers!

Been the same with me for months - every other track from Spotify doesn’t play.  Spotify works fine outside of Sonos and all other services like Amazon Music work with Sonos.  My kit is  ZP5 and 2 amps, one Play1 (new which you paid for when you bricked my my CR100 controllers) and is a few years old but please don’t Apple me (i.e deliberately break good kit) - Your kit was the Dogs Bolloxs once. Here’s my Diag ref  957425658 for what it’s worth.

Help

Having the same problem. I can't find any information on how to fix it.

Please se the diag ref. 811764905

Best regards

Martin

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cmcintosh, thank you for the update and @David49 thank you for reaching out. sorry for the late response.

@cmcintosh, I’m glad it’s working; it could be a  temporary outage or the network can’t connect to the Spotify server.

This is why I asked you to test the service with the Spotify app.

In any case, if you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

@David49, music services disappearing is a sign of the Sonos system having network issues.

Check if the Napster app is working while the Napster in the Sonos app isn’t.

If it’s working, take a diagnostic in the Sonos app. Setting > Help & Tips > Submit diagnostic and reply with the confirmation.

We would need to check the Sonos system; if this is the case. 

Update us with your findings.

And another one here with “connection to Spotify was lost”.

Everything else works just fine.  It really is about time this was resolved!

Diagnostics number is: 1272655273.

Experiencing the same issues since 4 weeks. Tried everything from reset, reinstall, different device, nothing solves it. The strange thing is however that randomly it does seem to work every now and then but never for more than a couplet of songs.

With all te comments i'm reading this hardly seems to be a local issue, given the examples and cases shared by others

Badge

“Lost connection to Spotify” happens to me every now and then. Recently quite often. Other services normally work well, although there has been one or two issues with Apple Music “could not add to queue”.

Just moments ago, I had the Spotify issue. Diagnostics: 1501629081.

I am running SonosNet. 

ISP → cable modem → switch → Boost

Please help!

This happens to me several times a day now and causes songs to pause, skip or play again and has become very frustrating. Tried deleting and reinstalling spotify on sonos but has not helped. Connected wirelessly so shouldn’t(?) be any ethernet port issues.

Diagnostic number 621757988.

Thanks it seemed to be a self healer. Will try your suggestions if I see it again. 

Add me to the list as well. I use Napster and it’s worked well with the Sonos app for many years. Since the change to the S1 app the Napster service disappears after a short time. This doesn’t effect the playback it’s only when searching for another artist album etc that Napster isn’t there. Sometimes it reappears otherwise I have to add the service again. It seems to me this is a problem to do with the app. 

Diagnostic 1931780419

Same issue as many others seem to be having with intermittent song skipping when playing from Spotify. I've changed the Ethernet cable and even changed the port it is connected to on my router. I've tried turning off my Netgear Nighthawk X6S but the issue continues

@ClausN 

i did what you suggested, it worked for a day and then stopped working. What’s funny is that they’ve been working perfectly for years with my current router etc but as soon as I updated the speakers it all has gone bad. I now have two bricks thanks Sonos. 

Hi @rhalrm. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and I do see interference present on the Sonos system. To assess where this may be coming from, would you be able to hardwire the Sonos player directly to the router and let me know if the audio plays more reliably?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cmcintosh, thank you for reaching out

I would like to take a look at the Sonos system with a diagnostic. 

Please take a diagnostic from the Sonos App. Setting > Help & TIps > Submit Diagnostic.

Reply with the confirmation and I’ll take a look.

Also, could you test the Spotify service with the Spotify app as well? We’ll need to check if it’s only on the Sonos app.

If you have other concerns, feel free to reach out.

My Sonos setup looses connection to Spotify constantly, although the music never stops. So it really wouldn’t bother me except the sonos windows app pops up to tell me it lost a connection (stealing my mouse and keyboard inputs, which is really annoying). Any feedback would be appreciated

Diagnostic: 2124696726

Thanks

Dan

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi, @NackasBV! Yes, just keep us posted. We and the community are always here to help.

That could indicate that your Sonos speakers are exposed to wireless interference. First check this link and apply the proposed changes:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3286?language=en_US

Then, if another restart of your system helps again, it might indicate duplicate IP addresses handed out by your router. Assigning fixed IP addresses for Sonos devices in the routers DHCP table could prevent that from happening again.

If the above does not help, submit a diagnostic and call Sonos Support to look into it.