Answered

Connection to Spotify was lost

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

125 replies

Thanks for the information. What is the make/model for the managed switch?

Would you be able to temporarily hardwire the player to the router and assess if the  issue continues?

For us to go deeper into the results from the diagnostic, it would be recommended to give us a call and we would be happy to discuss your system in more detail.

Same here. I’ve had zero issues with spotify playing on Sonos until tonight. Now it’s saying connection lost. Seems like it’s an issue with Sonos software?

Same here.. normally no issues.. have not been able to connect sonos to spotify for past few hours.  Other apps work fine (Tunein, Calm).   Spotify works fine outside of Sonos.  Seems like Sonos issue?

Hello? I am been having issues with spotify + sonos for a few days now either through the spotify app now even with the sonos app. The whole system is completely unfunctional even after resetting my router and sonos hardware

Same issues...hoping it is resolved soon.

+1000

Spotify is the only streaming service for me that I get errors with within Sonos. Pandora and Amazon, my other two services, no issues, ever.

So, to the Sonos support staff, are we expected to each submit problem incidents/tickets so the numbers of complaints draw more attention to this issue? In hopes that either a bug is identified and fixed by Sonos or Spotify engineers or that instructions are provided by the app for customers to isolate/fix the issue (thinking more digital transformation for Sonos)?  

Add me to the list as well, having troubles just with the Spotify service, all other services are working fine.

Also having this problem since last night....

Same…. annoyed. I updated and now it won’t connect to Spotify. It will play other music in app, but not Spotify. Will be watching for updates.

Userlevel 2

Just started happening for me for the first time ever. I've used Spotify+Sonos every day for 3 years.

Same problem for me. Have used Spotify daily for years. Now connection lost every time.  Has to be a problem in the App.  I’ve rebooted everything. 

Userlevel 1

@Adam S,

Looks like the issue has returned. Diagnostic ref: 876587495. Is it the same problem you saw in the last submission?

Thanks,

-JJ

My problems started yesterday. Other music services work. I have even tried my wife’s account and re-authorized. The Spotify desktop client works by itself so it must be an issue with SONOS-SPOTIFY integration, no?

Userlevel 2

Agreed, and same here. I'm just saying I'm having other issues with only Spotify, and that the issue could be on either side of the Sonos-Spotify interface. It's almost certainly Sonos that will have to change something, I'm just brainstorming instead of happily listening to music :P.

same problem here, started within last day or so

Same Problem, since last 24 hours or so

Thought it was me, but "unable to connect to Spotify" message came up late night and I've been as unsuccessful as everyone else. Deleted and re-added account tone avail. All other services are fine. When and how will we learn that Sonos has corrected what appears to be a system wide problem?

We are also having an issue connecting Spotify to Sonos. That is the only music source not working. 

Hey @iamjj. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and it appears that Sonos is running on another piece of networking hardware than your router. We would need some more information about your network topology to understand where this issue may be rooted.

Are the cut outs present when a Sonos player is hardwired directly into the router?

Thanks for the update.

Hey @iamjj. Thanks for posting.

I have taken a look at your diagnostic and it appears that Sonos is running on another piece of networking hardware than your router. We would need some more information about your network topology to understand where this issue may be rooted.

Are the cut outs present when a Sonos player is hardwired directly into the router?

I am still seeing the system in the same state as it was previously. I would need my previous questions addressed, so I would be better acclimated with your system.

I would be also happy to provide some additional information regarding Managed Switches and overall Sonos System Requirements.

It may also be useful if you were to contact an IT installer to check the network topology.

I’m having the same issues as everyone else.  Spotify works fine when playing from my phone, but getting the same “unable to connect to Spotify” error message when trying to start Spotify music from the Sonos app.  Issue started happening last night.

Userlevel 1

Twitter reported a Spotify issue late yesterday. Tweet them your grievances to @SpotifyCares.

I fixed the same problem on my Play-3 with setting  my router. On router setting menu, the wireless mode set manually on b/g legacy instead of automatic.

Hope it will be useful.

Stay safe.

Hello @jakberridge. Welcome to the Community. I understand that you are losing connection to Spotify. Your Bridge is inconsistently losing connection to the network. Even if it is only for a fraction of a second, this can cause the speakers to lose connection to the Spotify server.

This is most likely caused by a faulty Ethernet cable. Are you able to replace the cable that your Bridge is using?

Userlevel 2

Same here.  Been having this issue since last night. I also tried connecting through the Spotify app and that isn’t working either. Every other music service is working fine, but of course Spotify is the one I use most, by far.  Please fix ASAP!