Apple Music - we've run into a problem

• 17 February 2021
  • 78 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

78 replies

same issue here, ever since we started using apple music. “we’ve run into a problem, try again”. all iOS devices and the Windows app controller as well. All apple music can be searched, but My Music does not work. 

One question I would raise is if all theones with the same issue are having a family account as well? i.e. I am the “owner” or parent in our setup, but the apple music subcription is a family sub. and we had issues prior with apps to port the former Spotify playlists. But what happened there was that the “child” apple music accounts work on iOS devices without a hitch, but any other apps cant properly use them. 

So my gut feeling is that is has maybe to do with that...

Today (02.06.2022) Apple Music is completely down in the Sonos app, I'm curious if everything will work after that or if the service will be cancelled completely.

Update (09.06.2022):

🙃😍 It’s working. The first 3-5 days they fixed the problem just the main account showed up and now all family accounts shows up. And I am still in the trail phase. 

Well I suppose this thread may no longer be active but thought I would chime in with the same problem, same lack of success with the fixes proposed. The frustrating thing to me is that Sonos is not even acknowledging that there is an issue. At least say you are working on it or don’t care. Clearly this is not some unique wifi interference thing. 

I've been having the same problem. Sonos app says my Apple Music account needs to be reauthorized, but when I click the link, nothing happens. I called Sonos for help but got none. Some sort of software glitch, they said. So my speakers are now useless, as I used them mainly with Apple Music. 

sussed the problem

If you play music from your iPhone through airplay on speakers it then unblocks access through the sonos!!!!

Hi everyone. I Just wanted to say that I too am having the exact same issue as described above. Browsing Artists and Albums does not work, but everything else seems to.

One thought that popped up: Could this be related to my Apple Music Account being part of my Apple One account (The one that includes TV+ and Arcade as well)? Just trying to narrow it down a bit.

Do you all have just an Apple Music subscription or do you have an Apple One subscription?

Same error here. Have reported twice to support, and also tried all suggested wifi fixes. Most speakers connected via ethernet cable, no change.

Same problem here, I only got the problem with My Music → Artists and Album overview. Tried everything, restart my Boost, Speakers….log out ..log in with Apple  Music, all of it doesn’t helped, looks like a bug from Sonos side.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @gravityattracts.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

Commonly this comes as a result of wireless interference, this article will help you reduce wireless interference around your Sonos products.

If you are using a local WiFi network with more than one WiFi hub or access point, I recommend that you can try to switch your system toSonosNet by wiring just one standalone Sonos device to your primary WiFi hub or router, that begins the WiFi network. Attempt music playback, or any other activity to Sonos that was previously failing, and see if the problem will be resolved.

Let us know how it goes.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

This is unsuccessful. This happens on all of my controllers (Mac, iPhone, iPad).

Nothing has changed since the ‘My Music’ function was working some months ago.  

I’ve just submitted diagnostics if you can help.  1725287185

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gravityattracts, there was no change with a speaker wired via Ethernet cable?

Would it be possible to perform a full network refresh? You can do this by rebooting your router (turning it off for about 15 seconds before turning back on), followed by rebooting each Sonos speaker when the network is back online. Let us know if this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Xander P Wondering if you have spotted any problems in my diagnostic file?

All help appreciated as this had previously been my main method of listening to Apple Music on Sonos.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gravityattracts

As you’re experiencing the same issue on all of your controllers, and there’s been no change after rebooting the network as well as Sonos, it seems that this is an account issue - I did take a quick look at the diagnostic, and there are no obvious errors on the Sonos side of things.

If you have access to another Apple Music account, or are able to borrow one temporarily, would it be possible to add that account to Sonos, and see if there’s any difference when browsing My Music?

If an alternate Apple Music account does not show the same issue, I’d recommend reaching out to Apple Support regarding this. Let us know how you get on!

I ran into same problem, and tried all mentioned solutions but nothing worked… any suggestions..

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@Xander P @Annazel S 

I’ve spent 45 minutes on the telephone with Apple Support. They had me share my screen and walk them through the issue. They escalated it to another department and at the end of the call, they said there is absolutely nothing wrong with my Apple Music account and that the problem lies with Sonos.

So please help me. My main Sonos use case is to play music from the Apple Music service and without access to my playlists, etc. then the Sonos ecosystem doesn’t off much value for me. 

Please help.

New diagnostics just now: 479903479

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @gravityattracts, apologies for the late response.

Understood - did you manage to test the system using a different Apple Music account at all? Did you experience the same behaviour?

If you didn’t have access to a different Apple Music account to test with, you can also get in touch with our Support Team - they have access to some test accounts and they’ll be able to perform some live troubleshooting with you :)

I’ve seen some instances of issues with Apple Music be solved by removing the service - uninstalling and reinstalling the Apple Music app to your phone, and then adding the service back to Sonos, which may be worth trying here also.

Sooo, any updates? 

I upgrade my single account to AppleOne Family account. The “owner” account is still working fine, but the rest of the family can't open “My Music”… Tomorrow I will call the support, but after reading everything, I am not very confident that they can offer me a solution.

I’m having the same issues when I try to access anything from the Apple Music > My Music section. Recently switched to Apple Music from Spotify. Found this thread hoping it would be a quick fix but disappointing to see it’s a long term unresolved issue. Will cancel my subscription to Apple Music and go back to Spotify. Maybe if enough people do this Sonos and Apple might work together to eventually resolve this.

I’m having the same issues when I try to access anything from the Apple Music > My Music section. Recently switched to Apple Music from Spotify. Found this thread hoping it would be a quick fix but disappointing to see it’s a long term unresolved issue. Will cancel my subscription to Apple Music and go back to Spotify. Maybe if enough people do this Sonos and Apple might work together to eventually resolve this.

I would rather see Apple work on a new version of their Sonos Service instead, to include HD/UltraHD/Atmos music tracks. That’s seems to me to be the way forward to entice new customers to use their music service.

Same problem here. “We’ve run into a problem...” Who’s “we”? I’ve been able to access Apple Music radio and my Apple Music Library for years but suddenly “We’ve run into a problem...” pops up and I can’t connect to the Apple Music Radio stations.

It’s likely some sort of  wifi interference peculiar to your network. I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this popup, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Much appreciated. But nothing has changed in my homewifi set up, and no new wifi devices have been added to the home whatsoever.

Sure. What about your neighbors? Other sources outside the home? Do you control all of them as well? 

Wifi interference is not just inside your network, it can be caused by all sorts of things, including those outside your control. And it’s not just wifi devices. I’ve had issues with a microwave causing my signal to drop before, and that link talks about several other things that are not wifi related, such as certain types of phones, etc. 

But even if it isn’t wifi interference, the data in that diagnostic would be likely to help Sonos help you track down the true cause, and hopefully resolve the situation. 

Nope, no homes nearby, but point taken, I’ll check it out. It’s working just now, btw, after  I...touched the play button on my iPhone just like I did the 10x before when it didn’t work!