Apple Music - we've run into a problem

• 17 February 2021
  • 78 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

For some reason, I cannot use the ‘My Music’ function of the Apple Music Service anymore. It displays “We’ve run into a problem. Try again.”

I have deleted the app on all my devices, reinstalled. I’ve deleted the service and reauthorized. I’ve reset my router.

Apple Music works fine. It’s only within the Sonos app that the error occurs.  Please help. Family account if that matters, and both users experience this.

78 replies

I ran into same problem, and tried all mentioned solutions but nothing worked… any suggestions..

I have the same problem when trying to access my apple playlists. “We’ve run into a problem.  Try again”

The funny thing is that when I search for a specific apple playlist I am able to play it successfully.   This is a recent problem for me.  I have removed my Apple Music as a service on Sonos and reinstalled it.  I have also signed out of Sonos and signed back in.  What is going on?  Help please?

So what are you playing from the Apple music service? Is it a ‘saved shortcut’ to a playlist that has perhaps moved on the Apple iCloud servers? If that’s the case, have you tried removing the link and recreating it.

Just to say, I’m fairly new to the Apple service and I’m not seeing the issue, but if it’s not saved playlists I will happily try a couple of things here, if you want to perhaps outline some examples. I will post back what I see here.

I have the same problem when trying to access my apple playlists. “We’ve run into a problem.  Try again”

The funny thing is that when I search for a specific apple playlist I am able to play it successfully.   This is a recent problem for me.  I have removed my Apple Music as a service on Sonos and reinstalled it.  I have also signed out of Sonos and signed back in.  What is going on?  Help please?

I had the same issue as well.  In my ecosystem I also have an Android tablet tied to Sonos and decided to try that out.  When I did Sonos app mandated that Apple Music be installed on the Android tablet first then I can add the service.  I was able to install the Apple Music app then finally add into Sonos, all is working now!   If anyone is having the issue, try on your Android device or at least install Apple Music on the Android device first.  If you’re having the issue and don’t have Android, get a cheap one off of Amazon, add, then return it :-)

Update (09.06.2022):

🙃😍 It’s working. The first 3-5 days they fixed the problem just the main account showed up and now all family accounts shows up. And I am still in the trail phase. 

Today (02.06.2022) Apple Music is completely down in the Sonos app, I'm curious if everything will work after that or if the service will be cancelled completely.

No need for melodrama.

https://status.sonos.com/

Today (02.06.2022) Apple Music is completely down in the Sonos app, I'm curious if everything will work after that or if the service will be cancelled completely.

So the implication is that Apple changed something on their side, and are not sending the correct data back to Sonos when requested?

Same problem here. Cannot navigate in ‘my music’ via Sonos. App says ‘Your library is not available right now, please try again later’.

I’m using a new Apple Music account (Apple One Family). Tried and checked everything from the back to the front and back again: Wifi, LAN, network, software updates, iCloud settings, library settings: really EVERYTHING. Been on the phone with Sonos support for 45’ minutes. Been emailing with them. Nothing helped. No solution at all, but the internet is FULL OF COMPLAINTS about this topic. Really frustrating.

SERIOUSLY @Sonos , GET US OUT OF THIS !!

Sooo, any updates? 

I upgrade my single account to AppleOne Family account. The “owner” account is still working fine, but the rest of the family can't open “My Music”… Tomorrow I will call the support, but after reading everything, I am not very confident that they can offer me a solution.

sussed the problem

If you play music from your iPhone through airplay on speakers it then unblocks access through the sonos!!!!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I’ve just moved from Spotify to Apple Music and spotted this thread. 

Browsing to Albums and Artists is playing for me but if I try and stop the song quickly I always seem to get a message “Unable to play the requested song”

I don’t seem to be able to see all of the music through the Sonos S2 app that I can through the Apple Music app either. Not sure if this is to be expected?

And although I know this isn’t a Sonos issue I’ve also noticed that trying to shuffle Apple Music through Alexa also doesn’t work.

I’m having the same issues when I try to access anything from the Apple Music > My Music section. Recently switched to Apple Music from Spotify. Found this thread hoping it would be a quick fix but disappointing to see it’s a long term unresolved issue. Will cancel my subscription to Apple Music and go back to Spotify. Maybe if enough people do this Sonos and Apple might work together to eventually resolve this.

I would rather see Apple work on a new version of their Sonos Service instead, to include HD/UltraHD/Atmos music tracks. That’s seems to me to be the way forward to entice new customers to use their music service.

I’m having the same issues when I try to access anything from the Apple Music > My Music section. Recently switched to Apple Music from Spotify. Found this thread hoping it would be a quick fix but disappointing to see it’s a long term unresolved issue. Will cancel my subscription to Apple Music and go back to Spotify. Maybe if enough people do this Sonos and Apple might work together to eventually resolve this.

Well I suppose this thread may no longer be active but thought I would chime in with the same problem, same lack of success with the fixes proposed. The frustrating thing to me is that Sonos is not even acknowledging that there is an issue. At least say you are working on it or don’t care. Clearly this is not some unique wifi interference thing. 

Tried nearly all remedies referenced (apart from the ones I know are nuts!) and my Sonos One (Gen 2) speaker still cannot play the Made for You Apple playlists. Once upon a time it could, but those days are but a memory now! Everything else works, so I’m inclined to agree with other people who’ve posted here, it ain’t a Wi-Fi issue, it’s definitely a software problem! 

Writing as an owner of a non-functioning HomePod (and the victim of an Apple Genius Bar employee who alleged an electricity surge to abdicate Apple of any responsibility in remedying the situation!), I generally like the Sonos One. However (and much like the HomePod), I’d greatly appreciate a product that actually works as described. Perhaps one day in the future my appreciation will marry reality; I’m 57 and realize it may not happen within my lifetime!

And just for good measure, I managed to get a free subscription period to Apple Music - and that has also added to the Sonos App and is working well here. (screenshots attached to show that aswell).

The only issue I see with the Apple service, is I don’t have any local library uploaded via the iTunes App so that section is not populated (obviously). Everything else seems fine however.

I am on this forum because I have the very same issues with Spotify and was considering switching to Apple Music to resolve the problem - because I thought it was a Spotify issue. However, I decided to do a search on connection issues with Apple Music and guess what - low and behold, the very same issues are being experienced by Apple Music users .. so the issue is clearly not Apple or Spotify related but Sonos related. 

I have had these issues with my Sonos for a long time and have had enough of it. Now I can see that it will not be resolved by switching from Spotify to Apple Music or presumably any other music service, I am going to look for Sonos alternatives instead. 

I wonder to what extent these “issues” are deliberate with a view to forcing people to upgrade to S2 from S1. It will now work for me because once bitten twice shy. I will look for a good Sonos alternative. Any ideas on good alternatives from anyone who has jumped ship to resolve? 

I don’t personally normally use either a Spotify or Apple Music subscription, but I seem to see on this forum that the Apple issue was mostly only on an android controller device and that was ‘fixed’ apparently shortly before Christmas by Apple (rather than Sonos).

Anyhow that aside I thought I would try adding the Spotify service to my Sonos App (albeit their free service) and it has installed and plays fine without any issues here. (Screenshots Attached).

Hi @Sonos - I have been extraordinarily patient waiting for you to fix this. Can you please post an update on your progress? To reiterate, I have spent lots of time with Apple support and they say this is a Sonos issue.

The issue seems to be down to Apple, as it’s the authority token to share their music services via an Android App that is failing during the setup. It works absolutely fine on all iOS devices (the AM App on the device is used for the authorisation process). It appears Sonos have apparently asked them to fix this from the things I’ve read here in the community.

Apple’s own developers are responsible for the built-in AM service on Sonos anyway, which simply uses the published Sonos API, which is used by every one of the other music services that you see in the Sonos App too.

I am on this forum because I have the very same issues with Spotify and was considering switching to Apple Music to resolve the problem - because I thought it was a Spotify issue. However, I decided to do a search on connection issues with Apple Music and guess what - low and behold, the very same issues are being experienced by Apple Music users .. so the issue is clearly not Apple or Spotify related but Sonos related. 

I have had these issues with my Sonos for a long time and have had enough of it. Now I can see that it will not be resolved by switching from Spotify to Apple Music or presumably any other music service, I am going to look for Sonos alternatives instead. 

I wonder to what extent these “issues” are deliberate with a view to forcing people to upgrade to S2 from S1. It will now work for me because once bitten twice shy. I will look for a good Sonos alternative. Any ideas on good alternatives from anyone who has jumped ship to resolve? 

Hi @Sonos - I have been extraordinarily patient waiting for you to fix this. Can you please post an update on your progress? To reiterate, I have spent lots of time with Apple support and they say this is a Sonos issue.

The issue seems to be down to Apple, as it’s the authority token to share their music services via an Android App that is failing during the setup. It works absolutely fine on all iOS devices (the AM App on the device is used for the authorisation process). It appears Sonos have apparently asked them to fix this from the things I’ve read here in the community.

Apple’s own developers are responsible for the built-in AM service on Sonos anyway, which simply uses the published Sonos API, which is used by every one of the other music services that you see in the Sonos App too.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Sonos - I have been extraordinarily patient waiting for you to fix this. Can you please post an update on your progress? To reiterate, I have spent lots of time with Apple support and they say this is a Sonos issue.

Same problem here, I only got the problem with My Music → Artists and Album overview. Tried everything, restart my Boost, Speakers….log out ..log in with Apple  Music, all of it doesn’t helped, looks like a bug from Sonos side.

My neighbor is having the same issue after the recent Sonos update. When we tries to add the service, she logs in to Apple Music and she gets “We’ve run into a problem. Try Again.” Very frustrating for her (and me, since I talked her into buying Sonos speakers).

I've been having the same problem. Sonos app says my Apple Music account needs to be reauthorized, but when I click the link, nothing happens. I called Sonos for help but got none. Some sort of software glitch, they said. So my speakers are now useless, as I used them mainly with Apple Music. 

Come on, Sonos team-something to show you care about this. Or can I get a refund on my £3000+ worth of Sonos kit to buy something that works??????