SONOS are you reading this? Please put the controller queue function back how it was!

• 12 September 2016
  • 353 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

353 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I believe I mentioned months ago
Badge
Also, one other travesty I just noticed..... Apologies if this has been mentioned already elsewhere....

If I start a Spotify playlist from my iPhone on Sonos, and then open my Mac laptop to work and flip to my desktop app controller, the queue is not on the Mac. I can't see what's next. I have to use my iPhone to manage the queue.

I thought the point of Sonos was seamless management across devices.....(and users)

ARGH
Welcome to three years ago. Take a few minutes and work with it... you'll get used to it. It's quite enjoyable.
Trinity,

I'm not seeing the same. Granted I have a PC, but I can't see where such basic functionality could make it past beta. You should probably submit a diagnostic.
If you want Sonos to function exactly like a CD player then I'd have thought that was actually easier now isn't it?

What I meant was that I, like many others ripped our music collections to a NAS from CD and bought Sonos because it was the best system for playing tracks or whole albums reliably without the need for constantly changing discs, but the I'm sure you knew that and were just being flippant.

No, I was being completely serious. A CD player plays one album at a time, either from start to finish or shuffled. Either option seems to be a one click option now from the album menu from what little I've looked at the system since the update.

Incidentally does anyone know what the recent 6.4.1 update added/changed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Looks like some minor bug fixes with .1. It seems they fixed the arrow icons to right of search works now. Previously it didn't respond to click properly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Version 4. Wow he wants to go way back. And he will find nothing even close to the sort with he is. Btw the desktop version are still the old version 4 type interface for those who like it.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
6.4.1 cleaned up the msgbox queue warnings a little bit. Haven't found much else so far, but quite honestly I have been using the PC controller far more than the iOS since 6.4.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I always like the arbitrary threats I'm taking my stuff and going home. We are users too here we aren't the company.
PLEASE put back the old queue system! This is horrible
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
And seriously heos app ... or say the heos links to other product native app. Talk about the opposite of an all in one app control like Sonos version 4.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I tend not to share thencontroller as much or use one of the third party apps for them like sonospad
And where can you get release notes for android controller app 6.4.1? In the mean time, I'll keep spending lots of time trying to find it.

For a minute (er... nanosecond), I thought this "replace queue" was regressed. Nope.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Chris, thank you so much. I've just downloaded sonophone from sonophone.de and it works how it should. I can set it to 'always ask' which is just like the older 6.3.2 software. If Stefan can do this why can't Sonos. I think this is £2.29 well spent, after all it's saved me dumping the sonos speakers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
And where can you get release notes for android controller app 6.4.1?

I believe the release notes for 6.4.1 are "Bug Fixes". It was a very minor app update that fixed a few issues that'd been identified. No big changes from the previous version. Figure 6.4 is the main release, and any 6.4.x version is basically the same software with a few service packs or additional fixes. You will even have players at 6.4 with controllers on 6.4.1 as they're the same "release".
signed up just for this... the way the whole queue gets easily and totally replaced in the new controller app is, in my opinion: not serious, dangerous, shows disregard and disrespect for what I thought were core Sonos design guidelines, shows loss of focus on what really matters... very sad indeed... I hope somebody sees the real issue here and the whole thing gets back on track soon... cheers.
So the advice is, if you like the queue function and are on v6.3 then do not upgrade to 6.4 or 6.4.1.

Interestingly I have auto updates switched off and get non stop messages when I open the Sonos app to upgrade. Only when they release a fix to roll back will I upgrade.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
We all hope but no signs yet.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Great new selection features. Of course, everyone does save their queues. Don't they. They do read the relase notes - don't they as they warned you about the queue. Everyone reads the screens presented ro,you at first use after the update. Don't they.

Great changes making selection easier. It's different. Just learn the new, and superior, way.
How has this not been fixed yet.... Unreal.

Sonos has never said they are going to "fix" anything. Indeed, they designed it this way. You and I may not like that fact, but thinking it is "unreal" that they haven't fixed something which works as designed is stretching logic.

Sonos has never said they are going to "fix" anything. Indeed, they designed it this way. You and I may not like that fact, but thinking it is "unreal" that they haven't fixed something which works as designed is stretching logic.

I totally understand it was designed this way but I can't believe with such an active topic and so many people disgruntled they can't script a simple check box solution for those of us who don't want to replace the queue.
Userlevel 4
Badge +1
What about this? Just make the 6.3 release available to us with no tech support or updates Would that work for now? I think so. What says the multitude?
Jeez, you can even get Windows 10 with downgrade options to Windows 7. Surely Sonos can do that little bit.

I totally understand it was designed this way but I can't believe with such an active topic and so many people disgruntled they can't script a simple check box solution for those of us who don't want to replace the queue.

Some believe it will be. Personally, I think Sonos is trying hard to mimic the single user apps, and has abandoned the queue in order to look more like them, regardless of how awkwardly this translates to a multi-room, multi-user environment. Pure speculation here, but I also think this was not driven by engineering, but by marketing, in an overall redesign of their goals. Which is also why I believe we aren't going to see a fix.

Why would they try to mimic an inferior product? to become more appealing to a larger consumer base that will eventually end up preferring future products from the likes of Google/Apple/Amazon leaving everybody here empty handed?... this is all going BlackBerry... I hope they stop it now before its too late... Sonos, please, add the checkbox while there's time and keep it on track...
Userlevel 1
Badge
I just discovered that my non-updated iPad app still works with the system. I only was forced to update on my iPhone when I added the old component.

I wonder how long before I am forced to update the app? No way I am updating otherwise...