Party Mode is a problem. We need ability to create multiple groups of rooms!

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

105 replies

I meant no disrespect. This thread is six years old with many commenting about this lack of functionality that many expected out of the box( me included). Yet no real explanation that makes any sense. It’s a very clumsy setup right now and I like many would like it addressed in some way positive or not. 

I don’t think anyone from SONOS actually monitors any of these discussions -- it’s a distraction to try to minimize their phone support costs.

The Mac software wants to update every week, but I haven’t seen a single additional feature since I installed my system (8 units) three years ago. UX still sucks.

I'm running into the same issue. But simply labeling groups doesn't resolve the bigger issue that a room can only be in one group at a time. A work around is to connect the audio out of an Apple AirPort device to the line in of one of the Sonos components. Then just use AirPlay to play any music from your favorite apps (Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, etc.) to the AirPort device. Any room can then use the line in without the need to destroy any groups you have set up. It effectively just uses Sonos for volume control and AirPlay for audio switching. Not the most elegant but nor is the Sonos groups feature.
Userlevel 3
Awesome idea!
Userlevel 2
This is a great idea.