Lower minumum volume level

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

143 replies

Maybe to mention, I have a Sonos 5.1 system with playbar, sub and 2x play3
Hi Ryan,
I did not mention that problem was introduced by an upgrade or change lately. I observe the problem already from the beginning I bought the system. The lowest volume is not low enough.
When my tv is connected I do not observe the problem. When playing via spotify, tune-in or NAS the problem is always there.
Switching off loudness does not bring any solution.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
There haven't been any specific changes to the minimum volume as of late, but I'll pass on the interest from you guys to the team. Just to get some more information to share, is there a specific player you've found to have too high of a low volume?

Also, have you gone into the EQ settings and turned off "Loudness"? It doesn't directly relate to the volume the player is at, but it can make a difference.
I have the same problem here.
The minimum volume level is NOT low enough. I can not imagine that this can not be fixed easily
Hi
Has the minimum level raised quite recently? We're on the BETA programme and on our Play:1 the level seems to be noticeably higher for us at bed time.

Chris
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
I have the same problem on my Play 1. Minimum volume is too high!
I just listened to a brand new Play 1 and it seems Sonos fixed the issue on the newest ones... Why not on the older ones via firmware/software update?

The volume scale should be identical across all PLAY:1s running the same software. All of our updates are available for all players, so older PLAY:1 units can run the same software as one picked off the shelf today.

We don't have any direct plans available for changing the volume scale on players but I'll pass your concern over to our team for you.
I have the same problem on my Play 1. Minimum volume is too high!
I just listened to a brand new Play 1 and it seems Sonos fixed the issue on the newest ones... Why not on the older ones via firmware/software update?
Userlevel 3
Any news on this Sonos?

Still having nightly fights with my girlfriend about the volume levels :)

should be a quick fix, i presume?
Userlevel 1
I did try both turning off loudness as well as bass and treble. Unfortunately it is still 50% too loud
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Make sure loudness is turned off as well in the equalizer
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Have you tried going into the equalizer setting and turning Bass and Treble all the way down.  That should lower the overall sound level of the speaker in general.
Userlevel 1
I could not agree more - lack of this low level volume is the reason I need to kick Sonos Play:1 out of my bedroom - simply too loud to sleep with the music on. I need to say "welcome back" to my old Sqeezebox I guess.
Userlevel 1
Totally agree !
Userlevel 3
I'm setting it through both phone and sonos. Problem is, it turns off too soon. I'd like to have more steps at lower volume, so that i can set it a bit more quiet.
Badge +3
Are you setting the volume on the device or on your phone?

I find that setting it on the device gives a very narrow range of volume. One minute it's loud and the next it's silent. Yet on mobile app you have a much greater range for volume.

I have no idea why the volume steps vary from device to mobile. It's a right pain as it means when I'm in bed I have to adjust volume on my phone instead of just on the device that's right there by my bed.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Also me, and I have written some posts on fade in & fade out step which are fixed and graceful.
It is indeed difficult to set or change low volume from the app (volume control is too small and maybe a +- should be added) and from the speaker (too high sensitivity).
Userlevel 3
Can't be that i'm the only one running into this issue? 🙂
Badge +1
Agree!