Answered

Alarms "hidden" in System Settings with 10.4

• 10 September 2019
  • 144 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

144 replies

Badge +2

I take back my “Thank you.” This update is apparently not compatible with my nightstand tablet’s Android 5.1.1.

Badge

I still have an issue with alarms missing from the alarms page--even after updating to iOS 13 and MacOs 10.15.3. From what I can tell, if I have both the Sonos app for iOS loaded and the Sonos app for Catalina loaded, one (but not both) will display alarms; sometimes neither one will display alarms. 

SONOS, PLEASE FIX THIS ANNOYING BUG!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

I take back my “Thank you.” This update is apparently not compatible with my nightstand tablet’s Android 5.1.1.

Android 5.1.1 is too old to still be supported with full control, but devices running that software are still able to control normal playback and I believe they can edit alarms too. Let me check with the team if this shortcut was pushed to those controllers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2
Hi Ryan - sorry I’ll try not jump to conclusions. I don’t want to set a hare running for you/Sonos. it just seemed a bit co-incidental.

In my defence I mentioned in an earlier post that the Alarm buttons in the new GUI were a bit ‘sticky’ but this didn’t really articulate clearly what I meant. I had the scenario when switching an alarm that the button got stuck half way between on and off for a while. So (purely from an end-user perspective) I guess that I was thinking this might have somehow confused the system or corrupted something.
That sounds a lot more like an issue in your local wifi environment, as the button push on the controller would be communicating with and getting a response from the software on your speaker(s). You may want to check the wifi interference FAQ, and see if there's something there that might be causing an issue in your local LAN. Which actually would be an excellent reason why the alarm might fail, too. If the speaker can't reach the indicated location, it falls back to the chime.
Can't say I've EVER used alarms on Sonos, didn't even know there were any, and I suspect I'm FAR from alone. Hard to imagine alarms are a widely used feature of Sonos, especially considering there's no battery backup for power outages.

OTOH, I use timers all the time in the kitchen, on the paired Ones, always via Alexa voice control, never via the app.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
On the 10.4.1 Android app there is now a bell symbol top left of the rooms screen which takes you directly to alarms.
Userlevel 5
Badge +12
Have you tried updating your controller to 10.4.1?
It’s not uncommon in software to be able to A/B test some things, depending on a server setting that checks an account status. You’ll find such a thing in almost every “free” game out there, so that the profitability of certain things can be tested. I’d imagine that Sonos can do the same thing, by turning on a specific feature for a subset of its users, to see how it performs, before throwing it open to a greater number of people. That way, if it doesn’t work as intended, there are fewer people impacted, but if it works as intended, it still gets tested by a small group, without having to go through a longer “beta” process.

I would imagine that’s what is going on here.
Userlevel 2
Badge

On the 10.4.1 Android app there is now a bell symbol top left of the rooms screen which takes you directly to alarms.Happy to report both Android and IOS devices in my system have the new shortcut into the alarms page.

Credit to the developers for quickly implementing this 'navigation to alarms page', fix .

Noticed this on my iPhone last night. I love the settings UI so please do not change the look and I'm a big fan of the alarms on the 'Rooms' page.

I second this. Had to search for my alarms first. Glad that there seems an update coming for this. The rooms page seems like a good place to put it, looking forwards to that update.
Please fix this asap
As a loyal customer owning many speakers I have to scroll through all speakers I bought.

How could this even happen? Who changes Account, speaker or Services etc. settings more often then Alarms?

If you look at the previous page in this thread and the comments particularly from Sonos Staff, you will see that this is already a matter that’s being looked at by Sonos.
Userlevel 3
Badge
Please fix this asap
As a loyal customer owning many speakers I have to scroll through all speakers I bought.

How could this even happen? Who changes Account, speaker or Services etc. settings more often then Alarms?

More you bought, more Sonos bother you !!
A shame !
(still waiting on my side)
Userlevel 7
Badge +20

As alluded to earlier in the thread, In the current version (10.4.2) of the iOS controller there’s a shortcut to the alarm settings in the ‘Rooms’ tab, at the top left of the list of Rooms. It’s a small black bell icon with a blue badge if there are alarms set.

Badge

What has happened to the bell alarm icon that used to be at the top right of the room,it was there a couple of weeks ago, but seems to have gone

Badge

Came here to look up the answer to where the alarms had gone. it wasn’t obvious to me. had to google the answer!

As alluded to earlier in the thread, In the current version (10.4.2) of the iOS controller there’s a shortcut to the alarm settings in the ‘Rooms’ tab, at the top left of the list of Rooms. It’s a small black bell icon with a blue badge if there are alarms set.

Not seeing this at all. I have all my rooms in a group. I tried ungrouping and adding new alarms but not seeing anything like this in the Rooms tab. Do they trial things based on location?

iOS 13. Does dark mode matter?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Not for me!!! I have 10.4.2 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 and its NOT there. Also 10.4.2 (Build 521369260) on multiple iOS devices and there's NO alarm shortcut on any of my devices

Userlevel 2
Badge

Same here running Android, there is no shortcut in Rooms or on my iOS device. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

More than one month and still no fix available…

@Ryan S  Please hurry up !!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

I’ve made sure the team knows people are still looking for a shortcut to the Alarms. The shortcut that was shown earlier in the thread is only available to some systems, but depending on how it goes, it may get to a wider audience in the future. I’ll be suer to let you know when I hear more.

So they thought this was going to blow over? They would pretend to work on it by creating a brief fix for a small number of people just to say they listened, and then drop it and move on?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The shortcut that was shown earlier in the thread is only available to some systems

What systems is it available to, Ryan? Is it a specific hardware combination? Or are you in some way selecting specific owners and releasing it to them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Not for me!!! I have 10.4.2 on Pixel 3 running Android 10 and its NOT there. Also 10.4.2 (Build 521369260) on multiple iOS devices and there's NO alarm shortcut on any of my devices

That’s curious. I’m not in the beta program or anything -- I’m just running the standard production controllers for iOS.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Interesting to know, Bruce. However, I’d still prefer to get an answer from Sonos.