Answered

Keeps cutting out

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

178 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My audio keeps cutting out during every song as well. Diagnostic 739726097

Thanks for sending in the report. There's a connection error showing up in your report which may explain the cut outs. Please try rebooting each of your Sonos units, including your Bridge. Once everything's back online, test it again. If you're still getting cut outs, it would be best to work the issue live with our phone team. You can find our phone number here.
All speakers cutting out diagnostic # 903347808
All speakers also cutting out and skipping music constantly. Diagnostic #1308495905

Hi @Kyle A 

I have 2 ‘rooms’. One is ‘TV Room’ which is my surround sound and sub all run in my tv, but also used for music in the living room. 
Separately the other ‘room’ is ‘Play:5’ 

When my tv is turned on, even on mute, my new Sonos app since upgrading the other day, does not allow me to select ‘tv room’ only as you suggested. I can tap the radio button, but as soon as I hit done, it reverts to Play:5, even when I have unplugged the Play:5 from the wall socket. 

Tbe only way I can get music to come through my surround sounds system ‘TV room’ is to select both ‘rooms’ together, but after 2-3 minutes of playing music, the surround system reverts back to the sound of the TV, which as normal, is with the sound turned right down, therefore seeming to cut out. 

Because of this problem, the only way I can listen to music now in my TV room, is to turn the TV off which is not ideal because I like to be able to watch something, whilst playing music through the sound system. I’ve always been able to do it until I upgraded to S2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All speakers cutting out diagnostic # 903347808

Hi there,

I don't see any playback errors in your diagnostic report. Please run through the steps in this guide, which covers the most common causes. If that doesn't help, please reach out to our phone team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
All speakers also cutting out and skipping music constantly. Diagnostic #1308495905

It looks like your speakers are losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This is likely due to interference from your guest network, which is running on the same wireless channel as your main network. Try changing the guest network's wireless channel to 1 or 11 and see if that helps.
Having the same issue, hoping to get some help. Reference ID:
We are having the same issue. Refer to diagnostic number 382995637, kindly advise.
Players are cutting out. It is not functioning properly for almost one month. Refer to our diagnostic number 382995637,
I had the same problem and it was severe on speakers connected to a Beam. I connected the Beam to my TVs HDMI ARC port and setup 2 Play 1s. The Play 1s were intermittent when watching TV and perfect when listening to music via the Sonos app. I ditched the HDMI ARC and went optical audio and it fixed the cutting out issue. I hope this helps.
Userlevel 2
Similar issue, radio cutting out.

Would be good if we could get access to the info as well?
967238623 - Sound goes in and out
Badge
Having cutout issues, installed a boost and have tried changing SonosNET channels. Still cutting out.

Diagnostic # 1987328871
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having the same issue, hoping to get some help. Reference ID:

Thanks for the report. There's quite a bit of wireless latency in the communication between your Sonos units. This is most often caused by wireless interference. Please make sure your Bridge is not too close to your router, or any other wireless electronics. It may also help to change the wireless channel your Sonos system is using.

I have 2 rooms going at once, one is the living room tv setup. Only since updating to the S2 app, when I am trying to listen to music, but with the tv on mute, the whole system cuts out after about 3 minutes, and only the other speaker in the other room keeps going. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
We are having the same issue. Refer to diagnostic number 382995637, kindly advise.

In your report I see that your Boost is having a hard time communicating wirelessly with your speakers. Please try changing the wireless channel your Sonos system is using. Also, make sure your Boost is not too close to any wireless electronics that could cause interference.

hi @Kyle A 

restarted the network and rebooted the speakers, still unable to connect via Spotify from my Galaxy S10.

My wife is able to connect via her iPhone.

I’m guessing that I’ll need to delete sonos and/or spotify from my phone and try again.

Any chance you have other suggestions?

thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Similar issue, radio cutting out.

Would be good if we could get access to the info as well?

Hi there,

The streaming audio isn't getting to your speakers fast enough. Due to the nature of this issue, I think it would be best to work with our phone team. Please give us a call, our number is found here.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
967238623 - Sound goes in and out

Hi Emilypoie,

There are many wireless communication errors between your speakers. This is probably due to interference. Try changing the wireless channel your Sonos speakers are using. This can help reduce interference from nearby networks. Also, take a look around and in between your Sonos components for any third party electronics. Try moving anything your find near your speakers away, and see if that helps.

I’ve been having the same issues and it’s been happening over the last couple of weeks. Im also using Google Wifi with Sonos.Hi there,

When using Sonos on mesh networks like Google Wifi, it's helpful to make sure all of your wireless access points are running on the same wireless channel. When they are on different channels, it can make it hard for your speakers to stay in sync. Another option is to set your Sonos system up in the mesh configuration by wiring one speaker or Boost into your Google Wifi hub. This gives the Sonos system its own network and channel that you can separate from the Google Wifi channels. We recommend using channels 1, 6 and 11 as they do not overlap.

If that doesn't help, submit a diagnostic report and reply here with the confirmation number.

Jeff, you rock! THIS FIXED IT!

That totally explains it too! I didn’t have to manually change the channels on Google Wifi (not even sure if you can), all I had to do was plug in a network cable to one of the Google Wifi access points to the Sonos, and now it’s responsive again and doesn’t cut out. Thanks for your explanation, it would have driven me mad not knowing why.

I have 6 products on my network, which were hassle free until now.  Now they continue to cut out, particularly one of my two Beams.  Additionally, the app is having difficulty finding some of my music files on my computer.

Diagnostics Ref#: 792100519

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Having cutout issues, installed a boost and have tried changing SonosNET channels. Still cutting out.

Diagnostic # 1987328871

Thanks for the report. Your Sonos system is split into 2 setups, one on the Sonos mesh, the other connected to your Open Mesh system, which is running on 2 different wireless channels. All of these factors make it hard for your Sonos speakers to stay in sync.

The speakers in the "Up" areas are connecting to your Open mesh system. I would recommend going into the Sonos app's settings menu, choosing advanced settings then wireless setup to find the option to reset your wireless credentials. This will clear the wireless login information and make the Sonos speakers connect through the Sonos mesh instead. Also, there's an elevated level of wireless noise showing up. It looks like there are a lot of networks nearby. Try keeping your Sonos system on channel 6, and your mesh system on channels 1 or 11.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Since Sonos released S2 nothing but trouble, App not finding speakers at all, or incredible slow (upto 10 sec) finding speakers, slow handling queues, slow manipulation volume. Compared to previous S1 the upgrade has only brought problems..’ nothing really changed, Sonos just upgrades speakers to new SonosNet2.

Recommend all, if u can do not upgrade and stay on S1 until this Company fixes the many bugs

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi folks,

If you're getting audio interruptions, please follow the steps found in this guide, which covers the most common causes. If that doesn't help, please reach out to our phone team who can troubleshoot the issue live.

Moderator note: Audio interruptions are often caused by WiFi interference. If you are still having issues, please start a new topic with the following information:

• What devices do you have?
  • Has anything changed on the network?
  • Which service(s) are you trying to listen to?
  • Is the behaviour always the same?
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?

Alternatively, you may wish to contact us via another support channel.