Answered

wont skip track

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

106 replies

Yes it is, but I still have a few weeks to return the sonos for free. For me this option is primary and if my sonos doesn't work fine with Alexa I will be forced to return it and buy an Amazon Studio…

@jgatie more important? the Sonos one is sold with the specification "work with Alexa" not “work almost, sometimes, with alexa”.Easy 😉 

Yes.  Much more important.  Maybe not more important to you, but certainly more important to Sonos’ business plan.  But don’t let that stop you from threatening to shoot the bunny.  I always love those threats. 

I am not convinced that this is the same issue - or at least, not precisely the same cause - as was affecting Sonos 7 months ago. Some of the behaviours are slightly different, and I know that within the last few weeks I have used 'skip track' OK on Amazon Music having started play using Alexa.

It is only about 3 weeks ago that the problem resurfaced.

So let's see if Sonos can sort this out fairly soon.

Sonos is a great system overall. Bugs do occasionally crop up - it's software for goodness sake, what do you expect?  It will be fixed. So to those of you threatening to take your business elsewhere I say, go ahead, you will be the real losers.

I can confirm that starting music from Pandora via the app vs via Alexa allows me to skip songs… But the thumbs up/thumbs down feature does not work in either scenario...

Userlevel 2
Badge

I got it to work again. Here are the process.

1. Contact Sonos and Submit a diagnostic.

2. Remove Alexa voice service on Sonos app.

3. Disable Sonos skill on Amazon Alexa app.

4. Go to Amazon account, and remove Sonos from your list of devices.

5. Sign out from your Amazon Alexa app.

6. Sign out from your Amazon shopping app.

7. Sign out from your Amazon on your default web browser.

8. Go back to Sonos app, add Alexa voice service again. It will ask you to authorize by putting in your Amazon account id and password. You have to make sure your Sonos ask you to type in these info manually (thats the reason you have to sign out your Amazon accounts on your Alexa app, Amazon shopping app, and on your browser). 

9. Try "shuffle songs" and "play next song" on Sonos and it should work. At lease it works for me.

Notice the important step is step 1. I did all the steps 2 to 9 before and the issue was not resolved. I contacted Sonos and submit a system diagnosis. Then I did steps 2 to 9, and now it works. 

Good luck guys & gals!

After step 1. You can read all the steps i listed above in the below link

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3516?language=en_US

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I don't think so.  I hope Sonos will solve the problem because the audio is excellent and I want other products from this company (I have 2 Sonos now), but for a month now we have said that there is a problem here and only now have they admitted it.

I want to wait, I have faith, but as I said, this function for me is primary.

could joining the beta test phase be useful? 🤔 

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

I was wondering same thing. Still same for me. No amount of installing or uninstalling or reinstalling skills or services makes this work. Alexa on Sonos remains unable to skip tracks, inconsistent in resuming, and can’t be relied upon to play music. Often I get only one song...Alexa decides to stop playback.

When using the Sonos app this isn’t an issue. But the Alexa and Sonos combination is very broken. The Sonos skill for Alexa is a real disappointment