Unable to set Sonos Era 100 as Alexa-enabled device in room/group using Alexa app

Show first post

88 replies

Hi Everyone

If you are still experiencing this issue (which we believed had stopped happening outside of Germany) please submit a support diagnostic and post the given number along with a screenshot of the Alexa app showing a lack of Era units under “Alexa-enabled Devices”, as above. Thank you.

Hi Corry, 

I have the same issue. My Era 100 (Cocina Sonos) and Era300 (Sala) still not showing as alexa enabled devices. Diagnostic number: 858997908

Badge

Same issue in the US - 4648835. Both ERA 300 are still not showing in Alexa-enabled Devices section.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks @andyLux, @Kirk33 & @Justkaykay - I’ve passed those along.

I also can’t view my era 100 under the list of Alexa devices. My support diagnostic is 1427058777 and my screenshot:

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Everyone

If you are still experiencing this issue (which we believed had stopped happening outside of Germany) please submit a support diagnostic and post the given number along with a screenshot of the Alexa app showing a lack of Era units under “Alexa-enabled Devices”, as above. Thank you.

Thanks Corry, my diagnostic number is 751178187.

I’m not able to get a screenshot, you’ll just have to take my word for it. My Era100s and my Sonos Five are not in the Alexa-supported list. The Sonos Five is expected; it doesn’t have a microphone. 

Pretty frustrating to hear that Sonos thought this was resolved despite all the evidence to the contrary (so many people reporting it and not even one single person posting that it works for them). 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Everyone

Same. Awaiting fix for this Sonos please. 

Had a chat with Sonos week before last where they admitted it is a Sonos software issue and it is on their side to fix. They said they are aware of the problem but could not give a resolution date…

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Same thing here. I’m in the beta programme and got the tech support people there to look into it - result “it’s an Alexa issue”.

I bought 11 Era100s to replace my 11 Ones. Set them all up today and then discovered this issue. Will be returning all 11. Sonos can shrug and say “it’s an Alexa issue” all day long, but Sonos is one who’s losing money from it, not Amazon. I wonder how much money they lose on returned merchandise. 

Same issue as everyone else with my two new Era 100. Does not show up as Alexa enabled devices. Disappointing to say the least as they are sold as “Alexa devices”…

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same problem here with an Era 100. 

Facing the same issue with ERA 300. It’s be great if Sonos can acknowledge and provide a tentative fixing date.

This is a very irritating issue for a new Sonos user. I bought these to replace some cheap Dots that have very poor sound quality. Not being able to talk to the speaker about things in the room/group breaks a basic functionality of the Alexa system. Not sure if it is Amazon or Sonos to blame, but it super sucks. 

Has Sonos responded with anything about this issue?

I’m having the same issue with new Era 300

Based on past experience, it’s usually some weeks, or even a couple of months, after the release of a new Sonos product before Amazon certify them as an Alexa Group ‘enabling’ (controlling) device. I’m not sure what that certification process involves, but clearly each new device has to be tested by them. It clearly hasn’t happened yet. I recall it took quite a while post-release before the Roam became certified for enabling a group, but these Era products can still be used with an Alexa group, they just cannot control/enable the group at this time.

Heres hoping the Amazon certification occurs sooner, rather that later.🤞

Also having the exact same issue here. I got a new Sonos Era 100 to replace one of my Sonos Ones and can’t add it as an Alexa-enabled device to a group. Please fix this!

Badge

Either way, it needs to be fixed. It’s the only thing stopping me from buying three Era 300’s to replace what I have around the house.

Same thing here. I’m in the beta programme and got the tech support people there to look into it - result “it’s an Alexa issue”.

It appears to be a global issue and from what I understand is this is something Amazon needs to fix, no idea if they are aware of this however and if Sonos are working with then to do that

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’ve got the exact same issue.

Had a brand new Era 100 delivered today, and can’t seem to add them to a group as an Alexa enabled device.

Has anyone managed to resolve this? Or can anyone confirm that their own Era 100 is working as expected and the can get it work?

Trying to work out it this is a global product issue or  isolated to our particular setup.

Got two Era 100 today and seeing the same thing.

According to this thread concerning Beam gen2 authorization by amazon might be missing?

Similar discussion in the German forum:

https://de.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-und-sonos-223393/era-300-alexa-gruppe-hinzufuegen-6755294

It occurs to me, Era 100/300 have the same Alexa-bug.